The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Kaggath Battlegrounds Heats - Galactic Alliance vs Phantom Hegemony

Beniboybling

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, there's some context.

Now we know why he abandoned that name though. Because it's stupid.

How the hell can I ever say that someone with the first name Sheev is better than some ****** first name like Assajj, Bastila, or count (lol)...

How the hell can I ever say that someone with the first name Sheev is better than some ****** first name like Assajj, Bastila, or count (lol)...

Star Wars has never been great with first names, though. Or last names. Names in general, really.

But, come on, Count is a great first name. That's what I was going to name my kid. :p

Star Wars has never been great with first names, though. Or last names. Names in general, really.

But, come on, Count is a great first name. That's what I was going to name my kid. :p

Count Aurebere? Has a nice ring to it.:D

I should be able to get my final arguments up later today or sometime tomorrow. Right now I need to cram for an exam.

I would say they are, especially in open spaces but even in corridors, you have a permanent height advantage and evasion is much easier. You can also move faster in general.

When I said defense I meant armoring and the like, a B2 rocket trooper can tank several blaster shots, I'd imagine that but one shot from a rocket trooper however would tear right through any one marine.

Sure I suppose, but I feel a rocket trooper would simply be too deadly for them to handle.

SpaceOps would have jetpacks too, considering space suits they would be wearing, although most do wear blast armor and the like, so they do have some good protection anyway.

But armoring, ok yeah.

And it's not like Rebel SpecForce hasn't done the impossible or gone up against the odds, they certainly could figure out a way. Ion grenades? Those would be plenty effective, especially since they know what they are up against.

Eh well it's never stated, just that they had droid brains acting independently...doesn't really mean that flaw would be fixed. But alright, point taken on the last bit.
The flaw you refer to was a lack of independence, and the droid brain was introduced to correct the flaws of the CCC and make them more independent. What else I ask, could it possibly have corrected? Other than their lack of independence?

Here is a quote from Liberty on Ryloth:

"Look, it's RB-551."

"No wonder he got blasted. He's one of those older models programmed by a central computer."

"Not like us; we're independent thinkers."

Its simply logical. Droid brains made the droids more independent. And so they didn't suffer from overdependency.

What is nowhere stated is that B2 rocket troopers suffered this flaw, that I'm afraid is pure assumption on your part.

So yeh....

Palpatine's first name is Sheev

._.

I feel violated and confused... why Lucas, whyyyy? My brain... it hurts.

Lol erm... we're gonna need some context here Sel.

Like who on earth said Palpatine's name was Sheev? And shouldn't you make a separate thread for this? :p

"Look, it's RB-551."

"No wonder he got blasted. He's one of those older models programmed by a central computer."

Link or time reference please, don't remember that but I kinda want to see it...

Link or time reference please, don't remember that but I kinda want to see it...
Its only on the DVD edition, its a director's cut.

Which stumped me for a moment because I remembered watching it but couldn't find it online. :p

Anyway if you have the DVD, its at the part where Windu is hiding from a droid patrol, then the rebels scrap em.

Its only on the DVD edition, its a director's cut.

Which stumped me for a moment because I remembered watching it but couldn't find it online. :p

Anyway if you have the DVD, its at the part where Windu is hiding from a droid patrol, then the rebels scrap em.

Fair enough, I found references to it on Wookieepedia, just curious really.

You did however leave out the comedy moment where they showed how truly "free thinking" they were by repeating Roger Roger like a thousand times :p .

Fair enough, I found references to it on Wookieepedia, just curious really.

You did however leave out the comedy moment where they showed how truly "free thinking" they were by repeating Roger Roger like a thousand times :p .

Yes, yes I did. :p

However I feel the joke was that while they can't think independently, they remain complete idiots.

The flaw you refer to was a lack of independence, and the droid brain was introduced to correct the flaws of the CCC and make them more independent. What else I ask, could it possibly have corrected? Other than their lack of independence?

Here is a quote from Liberty on Ryloth:

"Look, it's RB-551."

Its simply logical. Droid brains made the droids more independent. And so they didn't suffer from overdependency.

What is nowhere stated is that B2 rocket troopers suffered this flaw, that I'm afraid is pure assumption on your part.

I wasn't speaking of the Independencey being a flaw, I was speaking of the moving out of LOS being a flaw.

I wasn't speaking of the Independencey being a flaw, I was speaking of the moving out of LOS being a flaw.
Because they lack independence, and have to have a computer to tell them that those targets are still there, as opposed to using modicum of logic and assuming they are still there. That is called independent thinking.

Because they lack independence, and have to have a computer to tell them that those targets are still there, as opposed to using modicum of logic and assuming they are still there. That is called independent thinking.

Right that's what I'm saying, it's still a flaw that they have. The Super Battle Droids were designed to be independent from a central control computer, yet they then had a LOS problem.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Right that's what I'm saying, it's still a flaw that they have. The Super Battle Droids were designed to be independent from a central control computer, yet they then had a LOS problem.
I think your assuming that that was the upgrade I'm referring to. It wasn't.

All that did was make sure that when the CCC was completely shut down that those droids did not deactivate. But as the droid says they were still programmed by the CCC and so still dependent on it.

But we know that the droid brain in question is a second upgrade because those droids programmed by the CCC did not shut down when the control ship was destroyed. They were destroyed by battle. Meaning that they operated in the same way as a B2, but was not as fully independent as later model, which were not effected by its destruction at all.

Edited by Beniboybling

I think your assuming that that was the upgrade I'm referring to. It wasn't.

All that did was make sure that when the CCC was completely shut down that those droids did not deactivate. But as the droid says they were still programmed by the CCC and so still dependent on it.

But we know that the droid brain in question is a second upgrade because those droids programmed by the CCC did not shut down when the control ship was destroyed. They were destroyed by battle. Meaning that they operated in the same way as a B2, but was not as fully independent as later model, which were not effected by its destruction at all.

I've been talking about the LoS thing not the control ship thing.

I don't think your really getting this so whatevs, hopefully Aurbere does.

Super Battle Droids were designed to operate without a droid control ship, and can operate independently, got that.

Super Battle Droids have a line of sight issue, where they forgot about an opponent when they left visual sight.

So....what am I not getting here?

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Super Battle Droids were designed to operate without a droid control ship, and can operate independently, got that.

Super Battle Droids have a line of sight issue, where they forgot about an opponent when they left visual sight.

So....what am I not getting here?

That newer battle droid models weren't affected by the absence of a droid control ship at all.