12x XP toggle? You knew someone was going to ask.

CrazyGreggy

God i hope BioWare doesn't listen to ANY of this mumble jumbo. Especially the extremely retarded idea that somebody posted of "making the 12x as consumables that you can use whenever you want to"

First of all if they did that then ppl that want to enjoy class stories and don't want to redo the planetary sidequests for a Second, third or 4th time would be EXTREMELY stranded as they would have to pick up their pace and carefully watch their buff lines so that they can ensure they don't lose time from the xp buff! utterly stupid and limiting for us that actually enjoy the 12x boost.

If you guys want to "not level quickly" and "immerse yourselves to the leveling experience" for the millionth time with alts then DO PLANETARY QUESTS FIRST or better yet PRE ORDER AFTER 2nd of December so that you get the rewards (Which plainly put is only Revan's Statue) . Want the Bloody EArly Access week too? Then you know what?You can't have everything float your way so be realistic and stop asking for features that would ONLY put strain on the dev team effectively making them waste their time that could be used for ironing out bugs or making new content.

And to those that say "dude it's only GUI enhancements that's easy to integrate code wise" ... If you are not into IT, or generally jobs that require "coding" please halt your ignorant comments before you press the reply button. Incorporating the "in-game cartel coins" was a GUI enhancement as you said and just look back at the troubles it caused when it came out! They had to roll it back and delay it for a month or so to make it work properly...

You people are simply unbelievably anal...Something makes you do some extra work (like change your questing order or be mindful with your farming) and you start yapping "oh BioWare please do the work for me otherwise i unsub or i won't pre-order"... Pitiful and arguably pathetic behavior ...

Edited by TheForbiddenOne

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also on the Toggle side of this debate.

It's not a screw-up. It's a feature. It's designed to help players get their characters ready for the new content BioWare is releasing in December. They do not view it as their customers being screwed, but rather as their early adopters being rewarded, which is actually how the vast majority of their early adopters will see it, too.

If Bioware want their players to be ready for the new content they also have added an "i win button" that boost your char instant to lvl 55 an allow you to watch the class story cutsence in a video archive

It's actually perhaps the greatest boon they've ever offered their long-term players..

No it's a slap in the face for their long-term players who like to play the game the way it was original designed.

I am an own the CE edition, play since the headstart (15 lvl 55 chars) and i still like the whole story arc with all side quests.

Now players who have seen the planetary and side quests so many times they want to vomit, but still want to experience the brilliance of the class stories they haven't yet seen, can do so without all the vomitous tedium and garbage of repeating that same stuff yet again.

So now the Player could rush to lvl 55 in a short time and could "enjoy" the end game content which is doing the same dailies some op's and flashpoints plus some pvp over and over again since the only diversion by normally leveling a new char is destroyed through this 12x XP Buff because running brainafk through gray missions isn't fun.

If you don't like getting experience, you can solve that problem for yourself. You can delay doing class missions until they give none. Or until December 2. Or you can choose not to pre-order. The breadth of options you have is considerable, actually. Pick the one you like the best.

None of those "option" are a real alternative in case you don't know many missions are triggered by the completion of the class story and if you must pre-order till November 2 when you want to participate the headstart.

I have one level 55. I used the 12x boost to get an operative past chapter 2 for the crit buff to my main. Beyond that I'd rather wait until the discipline revamp to level an alt so I can play the game with a brand new leveling experience, having all the relevant class abilities gained earlier on to make my alts more fun to play earlier in their lifespan.

I would like to toggle it off. When I level a new character I see it as replaying a game like kotor, where I take my time enjoying the story, watching characters develop etc. Don't play end game so getting to 55 really fast doesn't appeal to me!

My clients sometimes have DBA's like that. Reactive. Mavericks. Shoot from the hip. Lack of foresight. Lack of planning. Not cautious enough.

They tend to get themselves fired, sometimes with just a bit of my prodding their supervisors.

You should definitely reread your signature, it's exactly what you've been doing throughout this whole thread.

And yes, 12xXP is nice if you have a certain playstyle, but it's not good for a completionist. All you've been doing is dubbing completionists stupid for being completionists as other playstyles can solve that problem. MMOs are fascinating and democratic at their core since they allow for a lot of different playstyles. If you're able to see this, that is...

What you've been doing is this: Problem A arises for person A and you tell person A to become a different person B. You're basically disrespecting person A's right for being person A on the ground of your self-appointed judgement of their problem being irrelevant.

This line of "reasoning" is possible in any criticism on any problem by anyone. It's not only pure polemics and irrational, it's first and foremost lacking basic understanding of social interaction and reveals a lack of social competence i.e. the desire to be constructive in your interactions.

Welcome to my ignore list for that.

Edited by Ardarell_Solo

My clients sometimes have DBA's like that. Reactive. Mavericks. Shoot from the hip. Lack of foresight. Lack of planning. Not cautious enough.

They tend to get themselves fired, sometimes with just a bit of my prodding their supervisors.

You're funny and guess you don't know why.

Couldn't you simply play and let the story quest 12xp take care of itself? Or simply play your 55s for the duration so you don't have to be oppressed with the benefit?

Why are we so heavily influenced by the xp counter anyway? Isn't that making play into work?

Bioware doesn't want to run the risk of someone not realizing their 12 XP is turned off.

They don't want to deal with support tickets for trivial issues. They don't want to deal with users making mistakes and then blaming Bioware for it. They don't want the programming issues that might come with a toggle.

The simple solution is to make it permanent (until its turned off in Dec).

Deal with it.

Once again, I would like to mention that I suggest they offer a 100 percent XP boost buff on the market instead. It equates the double XP buff to allow folks to level quickly if they want, while others can choose to not use the buff.

During a double XP boost event, the boost would still be a buff, but it could be dismissed...that way folks that don't want it would simply dismiss it. It would reappear every time you log in, you just re-dismiss it and everything is normal.

I think its also a good idea to consider moving all the XP in the side quests into the class quests as a normal feature. The other rewards could remain, perhaps a bit boosted for side quests, and folks that want to simply do the class quests can ignore the side quests without losing out on XP.

As noted many times, the "toggle" is to not pre-order until 12/1.

Which isn't a good solution. Not everything is black and white you know.

For example I'm pretty much into the XP bonus for leveling alts, especially for the free training cost.

But then I'd like to disable it off so I can play along with my friend that's F2P without out-levelling her.

So now I have to either choose one or the other, which isn't fair and due to a poor implementation of this change because they pretty much knew people wanted a toggle off.

Edited by Deewe

Such a lame thing to complain about when there are WAY worse issues that need to be dealt with.

A matter of perspective and personal opinion tied together, potentially explosive content...

What's important for you might very well be seen as totally worthless for others.

I'd say the idea is to respect others opinions and as long as a suggestion hasn't a direct and huge impact on others game play then it's fair to ask. ;)

A matter of perspective and personal opinion tied together, potentially explosive content...

What's important for you might very well be seen as totally worthless for others.

I'd say the idea is to respect others opinions and as long as a suggestion hasn't a direct and huge impact on others game play then it's fair to ask. ;)

Considering all you have to do is not pre-order? Ya its a pretty lame thing to complain about. Plus you get to avoid all the side quests with this perk. I see no issue here.

Avoiding the pre-order until the last day is one way to avoid this. That works IMO.

However, I do not see anything wrong with asking for a toggle. As I have said in the past, this type of thing should be a buff that can be dispelled by right clicking on it.

Its just the best way to handle it for everyone IMO.

You should definitely reread your signature, it's exactly what you've been doing throughout this whole thread.

My signature trips up so many people who have a first-world, unthinking perception of oppression and victimization.

You have no idea what oppression or victimization are, yet you do it every day, without even thinking about it. Without realizing you're doing it. That, my good sir, is the entire point of my signature.

But, please, tell me how anyone playing a video game can be oppressed or victimized by anything within the video game. Or on its forums. I'll wait. It might take you a while.

And yes, 12xXP is nice if you have a certain playstyle, but it's not good for a completionist. All you've been doing is dubbing completionists stupid for being completionists as other playstyles can solve that problem. MMOs are fascinating and democratic at their core since they allow for a lot of different playstyles. If you're able to see this, that is...

I haven't dubbed anyone stupid. Please refrain from putting words into others mouths - meanings you imagine that they don't write. Thanks.

But, yes, people can solve the problem they imagine they have themselves for these 8 weeks. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. Fortunately.

What you've been doing is this: Problem A arises for person A and you tell person A to become a different person B. You're basically disrespecting person A's right for being person A on the ground of your self-appointed judgement of their problem being irrelevant.

Oh come off it. I'm disrespecting nobody's right to be a person. I'm simply ridiculing those who beg others to solve problems they imagine for themselves that they can't figure out how to solve themselves.

They might be fine, upstanding, wonderful people otherwise.

This line of "reasoning" is possible in any criticism on any problem by anyone. It's not only pure polemics and irrational, it's first and foremost lacking basic understanding of social interaction and reveals a lack of social competence i.e. the desire to be constructive in your interactions.

Welcome to my ignore list for that.

Ah, irrational. As in demanding extra developer effort so developers can let the minuscule fraction of players who don't want a major perk to disable that perk? Yeah, that's a brilliant use of very limited developer hours. :rolleyes:

Ah, another ignore list! I love it when people work themselves into a frenzy over silly things like this. Enjoy yourself!

Edited by DarthTHC

Considering all you have to do is not pre-order? Ya its a pretty lame thing to complain about. Plus you get to avoid all the side quests with this perk. I see no issue here.

It is called being a "completionist".

Some of us just enjoy running the content, over and over again, without getting overleveled because of a feature such as this. It is simply disruptive, gameplay wise.

All thing feels half-assed pretty much, spur of the moment kind of thing.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

It is called being a "completionist".

Some of us just enjoy running the content, over and over again, without getting overleveled because of a feature such as this. It is simply disruptive, gameplay wise.

All thing feels half-assed pretty much, spur of the moment kind of thing.

Excuse me while I laugh.