The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Call me whiny...

Varium

Wait, you mean that thing people use on fleet with the music and flashing lights is a dance emote? Oh dear. :eek: It looks like some sort of spastic, stomping flailing movement, so I figured that those lights were some kind of seizure-inducing weapon or something. ;)

Teasing aside -- I've never liked the idea of having my uptight, cranky Sith or my calm, dignified Jedi randomly break into a ridiculous looking dance. Is it a big deal? No. But will I move my character out of its radius asap? Definitely. It does not seem to be too common of an occurrence, so I don't mind that such an item exists. And I have no problem with people enjoying it, so long as they don't use it to deliberately harass others (ex: "Oh, you don't like it when I make your character use this dance emote? You must be stuck up and whiny, I think I'll follow you around and try to force it on you!").

I use the Dance Therapy Probe in flashpoints when people won't regen in between fights. It is sadly very common for people at half health to stand around watching other people regen, but not regen themselves.

Punishment for not using one's out of combat health regen shall be meted out in the form of The Flaily Stompy "Dance". Works for me! :p

Be glad you didn't play Star Trek Online before they nerfed the cryo grenade. Trolls would throw it at groups of people that were immediately encased in blocks of ice, which usually tanked the fps as well due to the "effects" and they would spam it over and over and over... (it got so bad it would actually lag people out so bad their games would crash) Edited by XiamaraSimi

I get a bit annoyed when in an op they're being used at every opportunity. It can be irritating if I'm chatting on team speak or similar with the annoying dancing/movement effects.

OP, not an ideal solution but sitting or /chair will stop you from dancing.

Edited by ChroniKill

Wait, you mean that thing people use on fleet with the music and flashing lights is a dance emote? Oh dear. :eek: It looks like some sort of spastic, stomping flailing movement, so I figured that those lights were some kind of seizure-inducing weapon or something. ;)

Teasing aside -- I've never liked the idea of having my uptight, cranky Sith or my calm, dignified Jedi randomly break into a ridiculous looking dance. Is it a big deal? No. But will I move my character out of its radius asap? Definitely. It does not seem to be too common of an occurrence, so I don't mind that such an item exists. And I have no problem with people enjoying it, so long as they don't use it to deliberately harass others (ex: "Oh, you don't like it when I make your character use this dance emote? You must be stuck up and whiny, I think I'll follow you around and try to force it on

Punishment for not using one's out of combat health regen shall be meted out in the form of The Flaily Stompy "Dance". Works for me! :p

Sidious finds your lack of funk disturbing