The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Call me whiny...

Varium

I will seriously pay $10 right now to make it so OP's character dances at all times.

Devs, what sounds more lucrative? A guy who wants to be called whiny asking for a new feature? Or a guy wanting to troll a guy asking to be called whiny willing to pay to troll that guy?

I will seriously pay $10 right now to make it so OP's character dances at all times.

Devs, what sounds more lucrative? A guy who wants to be called whiny asking for a new feature? Or a guy wanting to troll a guy asking to be called whiny willing to pay to troll that guy?

Give me this and a rapid-fire snowball launcher. :D

I think they're great to ease off during those prolonged HM sessions, when people need to take a break or following a silly wipe. However...

I would too. :D

I think they're great to ease off during those prolonged HM sessions, when people need to take a break or following a silly wipe. However...

But how is that a break, by making everybody exhausted from the dancing, you sick man! My alt died from exhaustion because people spammed those dance items and wasn't able to recover! :rak_frown:

But how is that a break, by making everybody exhausted from the dancing, you sick man! My alt died from exhaustion because people spammed those dance items and wasn't able to recover! :rak_frown:

Weakling. Fool. :mad:

Your lack of knowledge is appalling; I shall instruct you, young one.

Long ago, there was the Kwa.

And the Kwa were majestic.

Eventually, they disappeared.

But many wondrous things they left behind.

Including the "Dancing".

"What is the dancing?", you may wonder.

The "Dancing" is the ritual by which, by exhausting yourself quite extensively, you are to be reborn. You shall replenish your health pool, strengthen your mojo and see the latter intensified, beyond your wildest dreams.

Submit thyself to the "Dancing", lest your heretic ways be washed with the tide.

Heed the calling. :D

Okay I have better fix for this, toy called: "Emp Pulse" that disables all the toys in 5 meter radius, if you disable dance party you get achievement and title called "Party Pooper" :rak_03:

I'd buy that off CM. I've always been of the mind that nothing any player does should impact what anybody else's character does, excepting, of course, PvP.

But all the items that make everybody dance on certain area are gosh darn annoying, please add a option that disable's it for your character

#firstworldproblems :rak_03:

you're whiny

try moving a few steps if you're truly that annoyed

Okay I have better fix for this, toy called: "Emp Pulse" that disables all the toys in 5 meter radius, if you disable dance party you get achievement and title called "Party Pooper" :rak_03:

I initially thought OP's idea was stupid and he was just being whiny, but that's actually a great idea.

I've quit flashpoints when people refuse to stop using those. Yes, in theory you can move a bit and get out of the range, but if you're in a flashpoint there isn't always room to get out of it.

My character is my avatar. It represents me. It does what I tell it to do. When you make it dance or whatever, you're taking command of my character and you aren't paying for my account, I am. You should no more be able to make my character dance than I should be able to block you from dancing or whatever.

No, not everyone views it that way. Fair enough. And if I could just set a flag to not be affected by them, all would be cool. But until or unless there is no such flag, I hate it, I won't deal with it, and if you have any respect for the people you team with you'd ask if it was OK.

Yay for the fleet's VIP section. Though even that's not always sufficient, hence me sitting on my Overlord's Command Throne. So there's allready ways around it in the game. Mounts aren't available in all areas obviously, but I think most other emotes overrides that dance thingie, so maybe try grabbing the cheapest chair emote off of the GTN. Or maybe just using the regular /chair is good enough even. Edited by Pscyon

But to plant the emp you have to squat down and grunt really hard to press the button.

I've quit flashpoints when people refuse to stop using those. Yes, in theory you can move a bit and get out of the range, but if you're in a flashpoint there isn't always room to get out of it.

My character is my avatar. It represents me. It does what I tell it to do. When you make it dance or whatever, you're taking command of my character and you aren't paying for my account, I am. You should no more be able to make my character dance than I should be able to block you from dancing or whatever.

No, not everyone views it that way. Fair enough. And if I could just set a flag to not be affected by them, all would be cool. But until or unless there is no such flag, I hate it, I won't deal with it, and if you have any respect for the people you team with you'd ask if it was OK.

No, your avatar represents a fictional character in a fictional world. It does not represent you unless you have force powers or are a space ship captain or intergalactic bounty hunter.

^ Now THAT is whiny...

You would quit a FP? Are you aware they are regen items, they heal the whole group, they are really nice for that.

Your choice, but frankly, I think that's nuts... and your avatar... is a graphic toon on your screen that frankly looks like everyone else's, more or less... and has the same story as a million other copies. :)

I also would love an option to disable these things. Also, as a raid leader, I think I should be able to 'globally mute' them so to speak in Operations. Especially that really obnoxious one with all the flashing lights everywhere. I feel like I am going to have a seizure every time someone brings that thing out. It also gives me a headache.

^ Now THAT is whiny...

You would quit a FP? Are you aware they are regen items, they heal the whole group, they are really nice for that.

Your choice, but frankly, I think that's nuts... and your avatar... is a graphic toon on your screen that frankly looks like everyone else's, more or less... and has the same story as a million other copies. :)

I get they heal the whole group, but not as fast as people regenning - and I always regen between fights. I ask once politely, once insistently, then I quit.

Yes, that is my avatar, that is my actions and my choices represented in the game. When you force it to dance even though I didn't want to and frankly never have my avatars dance, I dislike it. Maybe it's a personality quirk, but I don't recall Han or Leia or Luke breaking into dance inside the death star. Doesn't fit the theme. Now first time it's used, people may not know I object, and that's cool, I let them know. Additional uses are them saying "screw what you want, screw that it's your character, I'm going to make it dance". And that's abusive.

Look at the comments in here of people, seeing someone doesn't like having it happen, say they want to force it on the player all the time. That's wrong.

I get they heal the whole group, but not as fast as people regenning - and I always regen between fights.

The music therapy probe is exactly the same speed as all regen items. There is no difference, except the added animations. The social dance party item does not provide regen, just animations and it takes time - during which people regen naturally. They are two different items. If you see your marauders/sentinels start to glow while dancing, it's the music therapy probe.

I like using my dance items and other toys in downtime - when we are waiting for more people to catch up or if someone has taken a bio/cig break. I do not use them while we are listening to instructions on voice or having them typed out, that is too distracting. But they are social items. If we are being social, why not? If someone asks me not to use it, I won't use it.

I do not interrupt RP with toys or social abilities that force people to react. That's just insanely rude. But I have used them as part of RP. It was well received.

I do, however, freely admit to chasing after grumpy snowball haters who gripe constantly about how annoying snowballs are to pelt them with snowballs and glitter.