Please introduce dual spec ASAP

Ultrazen

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats rubbish and you know it.

The cost of respeccing rises exponetially as you do it.

Do you know why that is? I'll give you a clue, it's so that respeccing becomes prohibitive.

Nothing to do with tedium, everything to do with SWTOR game design NOT supporting quick and easy respeccing.....aka dual speccing.

If you want to play that way, you can do it as often as you want to right now in game.

It comes with a price however and that is the bottom line, you can respec whenever you want and its STILL not easy or convenient enough for you...guess thats just too bad.

Driz

How would you feel about it if dual spec were to cost an exponential price and wasnt available until level 50? 2,000,000 to 3,000,000 credits?

Maybe next time you can leave out the false equivalence and flawed analogies and actually address the point.

If respecs are allowed at all, why limit how often it can be done?

OMG - how many times does it need to be said...BW limit how often you can respec because as a general rule you are not supposed to do it!!

IF however they gave you no option to respec you would be here crying about that too.

So they give you the option to respec whenever you want, you just have to pay for it. The cost increases in order that it eventually becomes prohibitive because by design, BW do not want you using the respec mechanic as a dual spec mechanic.

Driz

It follows logically. It has been done in every AAA mmo ever. Its ok bud if you want to stick your head in the sand.

No. It hasn't.

WoW does it.

Rift does it.

That does not constitute every AAA mmo ever.

What you mean is it was in the last ezmode game you played therefore it should be in every game you play.

And you are the one talking about flawed logic - lol.

Driz

i wonder what all those anti-dual specc and anti-lfg tool people will do when bioware implements all that... and trust me, they will. more sooner than later. if they want to stay in the MMO market.

will you all QQ all over the forums and ragequit? oh man i'd love to see that. wait, no. i don't you're actually doing that already.

Thats funny, BW have ALREADY stated LFD is not being added.

BW have stated that Dual Spec has been talked about.

Not sure where you get "they will. more sooner than later" from...oh wait.

You made it up...I see what you did there :)

Driz

Driz

You might want to read the Q&A Stephen Reid did on Reddit before being all 'passive aggressive'.

Foot meet mouth?

Cute, I'll match wits and education with you anytime. As my post pointed out his arguments lacked logic as he contradicted himself the more he posted.

If you knew better, then choosing the rhetorical ad hominem attack rather than any effective counter to his reasoning was an intentional deceit.

Interesting revelation. I rather preferred to think you just didn't know better.

You might want to read the Q&A Stephen Reid did on Reddit before being all 'passive aggressive'.

Foot meet mouth?

You mean this one?

Dual specs could well come at some point in the future - it's been discussed for sure. Legacy System... will be cool? :)

Funny I dont see anything in that comment to the effect that dual spec is coming and sooner rather than later...

Driz

Yeah I totally agree. To continue the paradigm the next time I play chess I'll require that my rooks should both be queens so I won't have to bother playing a new game everytime I'm beaten.

Dual specialization, if implemented, will entail sacrifice elsewhere. If you get what you are requesting I wager you won't much prefer the outcome.

Yeah I totally agree. To continue the paradigm the next time I play chess I'll require that my rooks should both be queens so I won't have to bother playing a new game everytime I'm beaten.

Dual specialization, if implemented, will entail sacrifice elsewhere. If you get what you are requesting I wager you won't much prefer the outcome.

I made the exact same arguement using the exact same chess analogy yesterday in this very thread.

Apparently its irrelevant. lol.

Driz

One thing I have trouble understanding is why someone needs to "go back to WOW" just because they want a new game to have standard features. If anything all the oldschool players need to go back to EQ where they never have to worry about dual speccing, lfd, or fun. It's like buying a car and not wanting airbags or seat belts because they didn't have them back in the good old days.

They allow respecs already so it doesnt make any sence.

No I was pointing out how you would not play a game of chess and then spam chess forums that your rook should have the same movement profile as a rook, a bishop and knight because otherwise the game is tedious.

Easymode is easy...

Driz

Edited by ImperialSun

One thing I have trouble understanding is why someone needs to "go back to WOW" just because they want a new game to have standard features. If anything all the oldschool players need to go back to EQ where they never have to worry about dual speccing, lfd, or fun. It's like buying a car and not wanting airbags or seat belts because they didn't have them back in the good old days.

Thats just the thing, its not a standard feature.

WoW allows and Rift allows it to my knowledge.

No MMORPG I have played in 10 years of playing the genre has allowed dual speccing.

Just because WoW is a Fisher Price easymode game these days does not mean its Fisher Price easymode mechanics are standard for the genre.

Driz

Edited by ImperialSun

Driz

That's funny, BW have ALREADY stated LFD IS being added.

"IGN: Moving forward might there be something like a group finder or something like that? An auto-finder implemented into the game?"

"James Ohlen: Some people ask for a dungeon finder system but the thing about those systems is they're really for more of a mature online game. If you put a system in early on it really takes away from the exploration of the level up game. If you have people all just basically waiting around their dungeon finder and all being grouped up together, they're going to actually take the time to explore all the worlds that are available in the Old Republic galaxy. So it's definitely a feature that we want to put in, we just want to put it in at the right time. However, the looking for group feature is something that we continue to work on, we want to make that more robust and more powerful. "

http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1214438p1.html

I know, I know. It hurts to be wrong.

That's funny, BW have ALREADY stated LFD IS being added.

"IGN: Moving forward might there be something like a group finder or something like that? An auto-finder implemented into the game?"

"James Ohlen: Some people ask for a dungeon finder system but the thing about those systems is they're really for more of a mature online game. If you put a system in early on it really takes away from the exploration of the level up game. If you have people all just basically waiting around their dungeon finder and all being grouped up together, they're going to actually take the time to explore all the worlds that are available in the Old Republic galaxy. So it's definitely a feature that we want to put in, we just want to put it in at the right time. However, the looking for group feature is something that we continue to work on, we want to make that more robust and more powerful. "

http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1214438p1.html

I know, I know. It hurts to be wrong.

Old statement is old. Check the revised statement that was linked on this very board yesterday with a thread title like "BW says no to LFD". It had a latest comment from SR saying its not happening because BW want to foster a sense of cummunity.

I know, I know,,,it hurts to be wrong. Nice try though :)

Driz

Edited by ImperialSun

No MMORPG I have played in 10 years of playing the genre has allowed dual speccing.

Just because WoW is a Fisher Price easymode game these days does not mean its Fisher Price easymode mechanics are standard for the genre.

Driz

thats because most MMOs dont have skill trees.

Driz

AGAIN sir, you are wrong.

Q: Since it has been clearly stated that there will not be dual specs for characters in the game, can you explain your philosophy behind the skill trees and how you are taking into account players that want to be able to play PvP and PvE content on the same character? - illumineart

A: Dual Speccing is something we want to add soon after launch. Also, features like Guard, PvP Taunt, Resolve, etc. work to narrow the gap between PvP and PvE specialized skills (i.e. a +Block skill would be helpful in both PvE and PvP).

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20110916

AGAIN sir, you are wrong.

Q: Since it has been clearly stated that there will not be dual specs for characters in the game, can you explain your philosophy behind the skill trees and how you are taking into account players that want to be able to play PvP and PvE content on the same character? - illumineart

A: Dual Speccing is something we want to add soon after launch. Also, features like Guard, PvP Taunt, Resolve, etc. work to narrow the gap between PvP and PvE specialized skills (i.e. a +Block skill would be helpful in both PvE and PvP).

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20110916

No Sir, you are wrong...old statement is old. Try reading the new statement below:

"Dual specs could well come at some point in the future - it's been discussed for sure. Legacy System... will be cool? :)"

Driz

No I was pointing out how you would not play a game of chess and then spam chess forums that your rook should have the same movement profile as a rook, a bishop and knight because otherwise the game is tedious.

Easymode is easy...

Driz

Respecs make the game easymode?