The Official Unofficial Shadow of Revan 3.0 DIscussion thread

ZionHalcyon

"Of" could mean either. Like when articles say shadow government or a shadow operative trailing a target. Shadow of Revan aka Puppeteer of Revan, Revan's Manipulator. Of course this all assumes that post-release BW is clever enough to write some non-hammy intrigue.

No offense, but you're trying way too hard to overcomplicate something which is NOT only fairly basic, but also substantiated in the Rakata Prime FP, in the form of a visual cue.

Arkous and Darok were valuable allies in my cause, but their deaths will not delay what is coming.

^^

Edited by Darth_Wicked

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two other things to consider, as brought up by Dostus-dilih on Reddit:

War and death will claim you even in your most cherished sanctuaries.

Oceans of despair will engulf the rot in your cores.

The horror and doubt you bury in your past will grasp forth, and rend your worlds asunder.

The first line is a reference to Korriban and Tython being attacked.

The second is a reference to Manaan and whatever happened there.

The third is a reference to the Rakata Prime flashpoint, plus Revan casting his Shadow, Revan being the link between the KoTOR series and TOR.

Past. Present. Future.

Why did you do all of this? What's your game, Sith?

The vindication of history.

In other words, where do the Nightsisters fit here again, let alone in the title? :confused:

Edited by Darth_Wicked

another interesting take on Shadow of Revan is that it is the influence his name brings that casts the shadow. Therefore, the mastermind doesn't necessarily need to be Revan; it just needs to be someone using his name to create this influence. If that ends up being the case however, I would expect the real Revan to show up at some point to confront this imposter.

No offense, but you're trying way too hard to overcomplicate something which is NOT only fairly basic, but also substantiated in the Rakata Prime FP, in the form of a visual cue.

^^

Yes, I know he mentions them as "legion," but it just makes the whole story seem... Lazy.

I can completely understand Jedi, Sith, and important leaders being Revanites. I can even understand accountants and crime lords being Revanites. But... Such a significant portion of the Republic AND Imperial militaries? Soldiers are supposed to be loyal to their cause, not their hero.

No... I don't see this as being so black-and-white as first implied. Revan doesn't have the forces to "Save the Galaxy."

But that goes against my Canon of him being a Sentinel/Sorcerer.

No one cares about your canon, silly. :mad:

Go back to Alderaan and catch butterflies with your irritable Twi'lek. :p

Yes, I know he mentions them as "legion," but it just makes the whole story seem... Lazy.

I can completely understand Jedi, Sith, and important leaders being Revanites. I can even understand accountants and crime lords being Revanites. But... Such a significant portion of the Republic AND Imperial militaries? Soldiers are supposed to be loyal to their cause, not their hero.

No... I don't see this as being so black-and-white as first implied. Revan doesn't have the forces to "Save the Galaxy."

Dunno why it would be lazy.

Revan, together with the other guys from the original KoTOR, is still revered as a great hero of the Galactic Republic, aside historical rewrites here and there.

Assuming he'll lay bare that something else lays on the horizon, while Republic and Empire bicker pointlessly among themselves, I find it reasonable he'd be able to amass a considerable following. :cool:

In fact, doing that should be small feat compared to being able to both amass and lead countless Capital-sized Republic and Imperial ships -- not to mention having Republic and Imperial soldiers banding together.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

^^

Not really. The prequel trilogy was based on the (poorly written) intrigue of a sith masquerading as a republic politician. It would be an interesting twist if they did some cloak and dagger with Revan, though you're probably right in that it's too much to expect.

Not really. The prequel trilogy was based on the (poorly written) intrigue of a sith masquerading as a republic politician. It would be an interesting twist if they did some cloak and dagger with Revan, though you're probably right in that it's too much to expect.

Revan being controlled yet again would be interesting?

Not really. Not to me anyway.

I wanna see the character stand on its own, formulate his own plans, etc etc, not to be someone else's plaything.

Revan being controlled yet again would be interesting?

Not really. Not to me anyway.

I wanna see the character stand on its own, formulate his own plans, etc etc, not to be someone else's plaything.

Honestly I think it will be cheesy if they went with that path. Revan is a very strong character, having him controlled weakens (IMO) the story in a certain way.

Honestly I think it will be cheesy if they went with that path. Revan is a very strong character, having him controlled weakens (IMO) the story in a certain way.

I don't see Revan controlled - I see it not being Revan at all, just someone using the mask and the name.