The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

So can we make Decoration drops bound already?

Transairion

The drops that from NIM specifically can't be put on the GTN....

Yeah but they arent bound. If the op has his/her way, it wont matter if the deco use to be sellable on the gtn or not because they will all be bound.

Edited by Rambeezy

I think decoration drops are fine as they are, and shouldn't be made bind on pickup. It makes sense for gear drops in operations to be BOP, since they are what you use to go into harder operations--to progress. Unique mounts and pets are vanity items that you can parade around to show off your accomplishments, like titles. Decorations are only seen by people who choose to visit your stronghold, so in that sense they're not as effective vanity items. Strongholds are really their own separate section of the game, just for personal (or guild) enjoyment. So I'm OK with not forcing people to run content repeatedly in order to decorate the way they want to.

If you're mad at people selling decorations, think of it this way: Someone in your party rolls on a decoration they don't want to use, wins it, and puts it on the GTN. Now they are 200k credits richer. Meanwhile, you decide you're fed up waiting to win the deco, so you go to the GTN and buy it for 200k credits and put it in your stronghold. Notice: Had you won the roll, you would have been in the exact same position, except that you would have been 200k richer...just like the guy who won the roll is now. You're both rolling for greed for that 200k. I agree that duplicate decoration drops in an operation should be spread out among party members (it would be nice if the stack of mind traps dropped as individuals instead), and if you run with guildies hopefully they will make sure this happens. But I've bought operations decos on the GTN, and if I ever do win them and try to sell them, I'll just be making back the money that you are trying to save by winning them in rolls.

Had both tanks rage quit a GF TFB run because I won 2 different decorations that I didn't have, the hypergate and data cube, 1 of each. 2 others were also quite upset as well but didn't quit. I thought it was quite funny when one of the others that was crying won EE on 3 separate times. I demanded a reroll as they did.....They did not share my sense of humor. Edited by HelinCarnate

no no nono no nononono no no no no no no no no no no no no nono

1. I have so many credits and not much to spend on. I want to buy some fancy stuff from operations which i can't do from the lack of time.

2. I suck at rolls. It's stupid!

3. Guilds need money for expansions and ships. Let them raid, loot decos and sell them for gb.

4. If raiding with a couple of friends in a pug you will have them roll for you if they don't need the item!

I prefer the current system than binding decos!

Everyone else should go without, just because you want things to be bound? I'm thinking how about, NO. I'm a solo-er, but I still like to get things that group content drops. People that have doubles or no use for a thing can sell it to someone like me. It's win win, well for everyone, except you, that is.

Er, the only people who'll "go without" are the greedy people rolling Need on items they already have and don't intend to use.

You don't go into a Hateful Entity run wearing a Crest of the Dread Master and then roll Need on it/Master Looter it to yourself, that's insane. You don't go into NiM EV and roll Need on a Desler Avenger while riding one around. You don't roll Need on Dwedtooth while having one follow you.

Decorations? Seems all the public groups I run, Need no matter what, even if they have 50 of it already because "well I can sell it!". And that's bad.

Need = an item you don't have/crafting materials you require for use

Greed = an item you already have and want to sell

Pass = an item you don't want at all and forfeit rolling on

For long as I've been playing, that's been the basic public group courtesy. Then with the Forged Alliances arc... unbound pets = sellable on the GTN = $$$$, so now greedy people smash need regardless.

If the majority of players are now ignoring the Greed roll entirely in unbound items, then there's a problem. People aren't mashing Need for every single trash drop (all of which can be vendored for cash), which is the same thing according to you lot.

Quite simply if you want to sell it, you should be forced into a Greed roll. If there weren't "big numbers" on the GTN, I'm sure you already would be. Everything else is bound to stop you exploiting the market, deco's should not be an exception.

What next, Crest of the Dread Master's on the GTN? Ranked PvP Gear?

That I can fill up my Stronghold with Ops drops without even stepping foot in them is an issue in itself...

And those that actually click need to use in their stronghold get called 'ninja'

i was in a KP group earlier this week, and the Hutt Flagg deco dropped a couple of times,

i won a need roll twice (everyone was needing) and was accused of ninja'ing because apparently there is an unwritten rule that once you won a decoration you can't need on that decoration again within the same group.

I was unaware of this, no looting rules were stated before the start or during the raid, only after i won that flag a second time some other players started namecalling.

I apologized and said i would pass on everything else ( i already passed on everything else that dropped before to as i didn't need the gear that dropped there, i was just there for weekly and deco's) and i did pass on all the rest, even the pets that dropped, so i kept my word, but i didn't feel like i had to give one of those 2 flags to someone else.

was i wrong there? because people still called me a ninja.

The term Ninja or Ninja Looter in modern MMO's basically means "Someone else won the roll for something I wanted". I would just ignore it.

..... He can't put a bound IMPLANT in a legacy shell... although who would put a AIM implant on a cunning using op..... :p

:o

Whoops, fail. I just sunk my own point, didn't I?

I've been playing my Op a lot recently. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Ignoring my own derp though, the amount of bound drops in FPs/endgame is ridiculous.

Edited by CrutchCricket
fix error

Getting more than a little sick of only having a 1/4 chance (or 1/8, 1/16 for Operations) at decoration drops simply because even the people who don't want it/already have it are mashing that Need button and then immediately throwing it up for sale on the GTN trying to make a quick buck.

This is such a total non issue. If that's what they are doing, then buy it. You get the thing, they get the money. Win, win.

Er, the only people who'll "go without" are the greedy people rolling Need on items they already have and don't intend to use.

You don't go into a Hateful Entity run wearing a Crest of the Dread Master and then roll Need on it/Master Looter it to yourself, that's insane. You don't go into NiM EV and roll Need on a Desler Avenger while riding one around. You don't roll Need on Dwedtooth while having one follow you.

Decorations? Seems all the public groups I run, Need no matter what, even if they have 50 of it already because "well I can sell it!". And that's bad.

Need = an item you don't have/crafting materials you require for use

Greed = an item you already have and want to sell

Pass = an item you don't want at all and forfeit rolling on

For long as I've been playing, that's been the basic public group courtesy. Then with the Forged Alliances arc... unbound pets = sellable on the GTN = $$$$, so now greedy people smash need regardless.

If the majority of players are now ignoring the Greed roll entirely in unbound items, then there's a problem. People aren't mashing Need for every single trash drop (all of which can be vendored for cash), which is the same thing according to you lot.

Quite simply if you want to sell it, you should be forced into a Greed roll. If there weren't "big numbers" on the GTN, I'm sure you already would be. Everything else is bound to stop you exploiting the market, deco's should not be an exception.

What next, Crest of the Dread Master's on the GTN? Ranked PvP Gear?

That I can fill up my Stronghold with Ops drops without even stepping foot in them is an issue in itself...

Your logic is flawed. Its not like "whats next, crests on the gtn?" because nothing has happened yet. If you have your way it will be like "whats next, bound crafted dread forged gear?".

Edited by Rambeezy

What this guy said. Doesn't matter if your playing your jugg and a deco drops. You learn it and your jugg, your pwertech, and your sniper/whatever alt you log in can all place it where you want.

Useful for me since I have all the SH unlocked, I buy & "learn" decos with my main, and have faction specific strongholds decorated by the appropriately factioned alt.

Apparently this isn't the case for mounts and pets, which is a bummer to be honest.

For the stronghold these are seen as decorations too, so why are we not able to access those from another character to place it in a stronghold. While decorating my NS stronghold i found myself switching between 2 characters to get this stuff place in the right spot.

Apparently this isn't the case for mounts and pets, which is a bummer to be honest.

For the stronghold these are seen as decorations too, so why are we not able to access those from another character to place it in a stronghold. While decorating my NS stronghold i found myself switching between 2 characters to get this stuff place in the right spot.

Well, yes, mounts and companions must be placed by the character that has them, but to be honest, so you pay 1000 credits to port to Kaas SH (the Sith SH, I assume) and plop it in there. Not a big deal imo...

Hell no!!! that is a great income source for me, all these people enjoying their barbie mini game and i can make some creds off of them. If you can't win Need roll then it is your bad luck, blame god not players. Do you have any idea how many times i tanked DF and DP with my 162 rating cz MH and when an underworld MH token dropped i saw a guy with 180 MH won need roll on it? that is just our bad luck we can't blame players for it. and no way decoration should be bound because then we can not donate to guild.

Well, yes, mounts and companions must be placed by the character that has them, but to be honest, so you pay 1000 credits to port to Kaas SH (the Sith SH, I assume) and plop it in there. Not a big deal imo...

No you are right, it's not a big deal at all, just annoying sometimes ;)

You're on your one character again and think 'ah crap i forgot that one' finding yourself switching back again because brain didn't work properly :p

Hell no!!! that is a great income source for me, all these people enjoying their barbie mini game and i can make some creds off of them. If you can't win Need roll then it is your bad luck, blame god not players. Do you have any idea how many times i tanked DF and DP with my 162 rating cz MH and when an underworld MH token dropped i saw a guy with 180 MH won need roll on it? that is just our bad luck we can't blame players for it. and no way decoration should be bound because then we can not donate to guild.

I didnt even think about that. Lol yeah lets break the system and make it so guild ships can no longer be decorated. Guess all that time designing the hooks in the ships was all for not. Seriously this op just needs to stop now. Hey op, how about you petition bioware to limit how many times people can hit need in a raid. Its simple. Number of items that will drop in raid divided by 8 or 16 = limit. Or another algorithm could be, each raid member starts with 2 need rolls and infinite greed rolls. Once everyones need rolls are used, everyone gets 1 more need roll. If all those are used by the group then everyone gets another need roll. Eventually the raid will end and everyone will have used the same ammount of need rolls or a few people would be 1 item short of the rest. But the possibility of someone having needed drastically more on stuff would be impossible. GG problem solved everyone wins.

P.s. it would be easiest to program this directly into the loot pop up need/greed box. Simply add in 2 charges that will go away if someone wins a need roll. Once they have won twice with need, have need be greyed out.

Edited by Rambeezy

No you are right, it's not a big deal at all, just annoying sometimes ;)

You're on your one character again and think 'ah crap i forgot that one' finding yourself switching back again because brain didn't work properly :p

I am going to admit, I haven't gotten around to doing garages and placing companions (I just dislike the holo projection thing) in my houses so far, so I did not have that much problem with these "character only" decorations...

Well, to be honest it would make sense to have speeders and pets (non combat pets like taun tauns and rakghouls, droids whatever) added to the decoration list for all characters too, as the trophies for operations are also shared, while they were acquired on a specific character, i kinda see it as the same thing, if it's acquired, it's added as a decoration, if you have a certain speeder on multiple characters, then you'd get the option to place it x times.

let's say i wanted to make tauntaun stables, i would have to switch between x characters to add the taun tauns, while in theory they could just add it to deco list so one character can place them all.

it isn't a big deal as you said, but it would make it more practical.