Treek - best companion??

Obilam

I got it on Trooper, put Elara's gear on and tried it. Didn't see any major increase in healing so I put the gear back on Elara and haven't used Treek since lol. Sorry, just too annoying. But that's a personal preference.

In your case you should stick to Lokin simply because of Cunning gear. Treek uses Aim so no hand-me downs from your Sniper. Same with dps Smugglers and Guss.

Edited by Pietrastor

I made treek use his tank stance and he will off heal himself. Used the stims that also heal companion and was able to use him all the way to 51 on a jugg. I liked tank over healer form, for the added DPS.

If he started to get low I'd switch his stance and he'd full heal himself.

Nothing beats a tank that can heal himself up.

Treek is a female (which is why she is so annoying).

As far as Treek's overall power, her heals are on par with any other healer companion. In the same gear, my Trooper's Elara actually seems to crit more some some reason. No clue how, but that's what I've seen.

Now if you want to run Treek as a tank, that is where she shines. Cool looking charge, AoE stun, AoE damage that grabs actually threat, and she still uses her HoT heal (and Sling heal if you stay still after hard fights). She is the best Tank companion by far.

I run Treek as primary healer on 3 of my 55s (legacy armor is so nice), and the rest of using their original healer (though many leveled with Treek as primary. When my Vanguard isn't tanking, his legacy tanking gear goes to my Sage's Treek. With massive presence and 168/180 tanking gear, she sports just under 41000 hp and is bascially indestructible with a bubble. Quite fun to use.

So in closing. Treek is a on-par healer, fantastic tank

I've played using Treek on my Sentinel since about level 31, and I've been greatly pleased with the results. She's not very squishy since she can tank offhand (while in healer stance) and vice versa. I'm not really bothered by her commentary any more than other companions' (Corso, Vette, C2-N2, etc), so I don't mind hearing it. I briefly switched to Doc after I got him, thinking perhaps he might be better, but it felt like Treek was doing a better job, so I switched back. You do what you like best, though, be it Treek or Lokin.

The only way I can play a Gunslinger after Corellia was with Treek :( Guss is probably a viable option as well, but Treek is just better. I never use her in Tank stance though, as she is only 140-148 equipped for me. Once I build a 156 legacy suit for her, I might try her in a tanking stance.

On all other characters so far, I managed to keep her to the missions, as I prefer the non mule companions to Treek. But I can see my Sniper following the suit, as well as my Mara eventually.

Edited by DomiSotto

There are videos that show Treek heals faster than any other healer companion and you can use tank gear with her in healing stance and switch between them depending on the area you are at

Indeed, Treek is proved to be slightly better than default healing companions and far superior than default tanks.

Oddly enough gonna go with HK on this one. Even with a dps toon. That said this rule only applies if you have HK geared to the teeth.

Honestly it's just kinda funny at this point if you have a 180 geared dps and a 180 (or 174 if using droid parts) max geared HK. With my Gunslinger and HK having a healer pet out for anything other than maybe soloing a FP boss is pointless. The mobs drop so fast you don't even need the heals.

That being said gearing HK is a huge pain since you can't just use armorings from other gear (BW hates droids). So it's really something you do later on when your bored. Well worth it though. Doesn't matter what Heroic your farming for cash etc you will annihilate it.