Some normal cartel packs

EllieAnne

Not everyone plays starfighter or wants to spend cartel coins to decorate their stronghold. BW has a habit that when a new feature comes out that all of the cartel packs are dedicated to that feature. How about some packs that don't include a stronghold decoration?

Over/under is 3 for the number of replies before someone says that I should just sell the stronghold item on GTN and thereby showing they don't get the point.

Not everyone plays starfighter or wants to spend cartel coins to decorate their stronghold. BW has a habit that when a new feature comes out that all of the cartel packs are dedicated to that feature. How about some packs that don't include a stronghold decoration?

Over/under is 3 for the number of replies before someone says that I should just sell the stronghold item on GTN and thereby showing they don't get the point.

packs are a general representation of the state of the game. They include a little bit of everything for everyone (or try to). color crystals for PVP/PVE, items for GSF, pets, mounts, and yes now strongholds.

If you do not like the contents, dont' open them. You are one of a million players, are there some that don't like strongholds sure. This is the first pack on the first release with preferred and subs all having access. So their numbers will determine how popular decoration items are and how many packs are purchased.

I also wouldn't say I the current release is "dedicated" although the "Galactic Strongholds pack" would be a good indication it is. What I do see is a fairly good mix of items between mounts/speeders/armor and stronghold items. And I do see fewer junk weapons drops which seems to have been replaced by stronghold items so that is always a plus.

I'm sorry, but Bioware couldn't have handled the introduction of the Strongholds packs better. Not only did they permanently lower the base cost, which was 360 CC for ALL previous packs but is now 210 CC, but they also ADDED a new item roll slot. This slot can only roll from a pool of decorations so it doesn't replace one of the two 'rare item' slots, it's its seperate item roll. Compare the Starfighter packs where such an item (a gas cannister, or a laser colour) would actually take the place of an item roll.

You want to go back to the way it was? I sure don't. And I suspect Bioware won't want to either, because by adding an extra item roll and lowering the cost, they have sold way, WAY more packs than they did before. Less is more, in that aspect.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Stronghold item that seems to be irking you is an extra item, on top of the full slate of other drops that were in all previous packs (they now contain seven items, up from six in the Contraband, Bounty, and Starfighter packs). And, they are significantly cheaper in terms of CC cost than the previous packs.

They didn't take away anything, didn't replace out anything, they just added more for your buck and lowered the cost.

Sell the stuff if you don't like them...

I felt obligated to say it since you gave an over/under... :rak_03:

I agree with you and dissagree with you. Most of the packs seem to feature an event/feature in or of the game. Cartel Market packs for the opening of teh cartel market, Bounty packs for the start of the Bounty Hunting event, Starfighter packs, Nightlife packs and Stronghold packs. It's a theme.

I see your point and agree; I would like to see some additional packs that are "just stuff" to. If we had a "just stuff" pack that was 50cc and had random adaptive gear that would be cool. It would be a crap shoot though and what you got from those packs would likely be worthless on the market. If you look how much stuff from packs are sold on the GTN it is obvious that most people use them as a way to make $ in game. Packs filled with potentially worthless adaptive gear wouldn't be very popular

I'm sorry you don't like the way it has been done so far, but I think it is cool and gives some flow between the game and the cartel market.

Edited by RiVaN_

I do not know why adding extra item that does not take slots of any other 'regular' items frustrates you so much, If it was a replacement, I could understand it, but with decors having its own slot, I do not know why it bothers you.

Honestly, those dumb xp-boosts(I have ten 55s, I do not need that trash) and credit booms are way worse. At least you can actually use decors to pad up your SH bonus for SHs you do not use as your HQ.

P.S. Also, if there was no decor, I would not buy any of the current packs, they do not have items I would want to gamble for.

Edited by PaniMauser

Honestly, those dumb xp-boosts

P.S. Also, if there was no decor, I would not buy any of the current packs, they do not have items I would want to gamble for.

If we could only sell those stupid xp boosts to vendors I would be a very happy person... one of my storage alts has stacks of -all- of them, several in the 80-90 quantity, and the -only- ones that sell on the GTN are the warzone and base xp boosts. :mad:

But as to the OP, once again he falls into the "I don't like this so stop making it and only make what -i- like because I'm a super special entitled snowflake" category.

And yeah ive bought -way- more of the two Stronghold themed packs then i have of all the prior sets combined.

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.