The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Accuracy for Madness Sorc?

Fidelicatessen

Force attacks have 100% base accuracy, but elites and champions now have 10% resist chance. You might be able to get away with 0 accuracy rating while soloing your way through strongs/standards, but you'll lose out on a lot of DPS if you run any heroics, flashpoints, or ops.

Thank you for the replies, gentlemen! I will relay this info to my pal.

Another question, if I may: is it smarter, as a Madness Sorc, to get two 2-piece set bonuses or a full 4-piece set bonus? That's what my pal read, and I wanted to check with some experienced folks to see if it's bunko or a good idea.

I would get the PvP 2 piece first as it reduces the CD of Crushing Darkness by 1.5 seconds and gives you some HP for DoT crits. The lightning set really doesn't do much, but I did the 2 piece afterwards for the Polarity Shift CD reduction. I only did that after I had all my other gear set though. I don't like the 4 piece for healing or DPS.

To maximize DPS you want the 4-piece for either spec.

(2) Reduces cost of Lightning Strike and Force Lightning or Disturbance and Telekinetic Throw by 2 and reduces the cooldown of Polarity Shift or Mental Alacrity by 15 seconds.

(4) Affliction or Weaken Mind damage has a 30% chance to increase alacrity by 5% for 15 seconds. Cannot occur more than once every 20 seconds.

Edited by Crux-

To maximize DPS you want the 4-piece for either spec.

(2) Reduces cost of Lightning Strike and Force Lightning or Disturbance and Telekinetic Throw by 2 and reduces the cooldown of Polarity Shift or Mental Alacrity by 15 seconds.

(4) Affliction or Weaken Mind damage has a 30% chance to increase alacrity by 5% for 15 seconds. Cannot occur more than once every 20 seconds.

I feel like the 1.5s reduction of Crushing Darkness and the (2) of lightning is a better match. 5% alacrity every 20 seconds won't make too much of a difference compared to a -1.5 CD. It feels(because I haven't bothered to parse (4) Lightning set bonus) just as important as the (2) set bonus healing gets for sorc. There's also the health regen you get from the skill that stacks with the regen you get from crits. I guess you would have to concern yourself with going 162 for the armoring instead of 180, but the mods and enhancements can be 180.

I feel like the 1.5s reduction of Crushing Darkness and the (2) of lightning is a better match. 5% alacrity every 20 seconds won't make too much of a difference compared to a -1.5 CD. It feels(because I haven't bothered to parse (4) Lightning set bonus) just as important as the (2) set bonus healing gets for sorc. There's also the health regen you get from the skill that stacks with the regen you get from crits. I guess you would have to concern yourself with going 162 for the armoring instead of 180, but the mods and enhancements can be 180.

Yes but it's 5% alacrity that lasts 15s. So it has 75% uptime. That's very significant. And effects everything you do. Faster GCD, faster channels.

-1.5 on CD means over a 5 minute parse you will use it 2 more times.

For a healer, trance only has a 9s cd to begin with so -1.5s is more significant. The main reason that healer set bonus is so good however is because with the cd reduction it puts trance and rejuv in sync rotation wise.

So to break that down. Would you rather have.

A) Two more crushing darkness casts every 5 mins.

vs.

B) Static +3.75% Alacrity (5 x 0.75) and +74 Willpower (dps stat difference of two 69 pvp and 81 pve armorings)

Edited by Crux-

Makes sense. The only thing that you're channeling is Force Lightning since Lighting Strike and Crushing Darkness shouldn't be used without 3 stacks of wrath anyway, but I guess the additional force regen, shorter gcd and channel for FL is nice. I do think the biggest difference would be the 180 armoring like I said though, and that's probably what makes the lightning set bonus more valuable.