Meditation Emote

Inzuher

The problem with adding it as an emote in a cartel pack is likely IMHO that it is also already an ability for smugglers (the cross-legged glowing version that is). Guess it would step on a lot of toes if that ability turned into another cash cow.

OTOH, if they simply made it available to any class, for instance through the bonus you get when hitting either 55 on smuggler/jk and/or max affection on all companions for that class, that I would have absolutely no problem with, but as soon as it is going to cost CC (in fact it is already free for smugglers since it counts as social ability) it is going to feel as another milking option.

Let me guess. You have a Mirialan Smuggler?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since when can smugglers use the force???

Who said they were? Focusing Ritual just happens to look exactly like what folks want... cross-legged and glowing.

And yes, she's Mirialan, my first smuggler too so no idea that it was even species bound too...

EDIT: For those not having a Mirialan or not knowing what I mean here's a screenie of the ability in action

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/q90/745/hRJln6.jpg

EDIT2: Why it would be stepping on toes is that there's always one group that is going to feel short-changed.

If it remains a free social ability, folks not having that ability would find it unfair if they needed to buy it when it is free for a certain combo of class and species. On the other hand, removing the social ability and making it a pay2play option would seem unfair to the group that currently has chosen this combo of class/species.

So to keep everyone happy, I feel the only thing they could do is make it something like I said before. tied to reaching 50 or max affection on class/species combo.

That way it would not feel totally out of place since my totally Force-Insensitive Bounty Hunter can also kick up quite a lightning storm and has a mean force choke, so if (s)he can use force abilities this way, why not Focusing Ritual too.

Here's an idea. since we're getting a new level cap, and the current legacy rewards only trigger at 50, why not add a couple of new inherited abilities (like the social ones) as reward for hitting 55 or 60?

Edited by LeJarC

In regards to some of the animations already being in use by certain races and classes

I've said this before and I'll say it again: Who cares? Seriously; is it really that importent for you, that only your class has a specific animation that only last a few seconds - which in many cases are replaced by items like "pushup" no a days? I firmly believe that getting an emote like this would mean so much to us roleplayers, and so little to the people who doesn't feel unique anymore... I mean besides all the thousands of other Jedi Knights out there doing the exact same thing...

Furthermore, we don't want this as a channeled ability that lasts a few seconds and then have to be reactivated. We want this to be an emote like the /chair emote so that it can actually be used for roleplaying purposes.

PS: Besides, if they follow my initial suggestion it wouldn't be exactly the same as the knight or mirialien animation, since they'd add a dark and light side version.

Edited by Inzuher

My thoughts exactly!

I've said this before and I'll say it again: Who cares? Seriously; is it really that importent for you, that only your class has a specific animation that only last a few seconds - which in many cases are replaced by items like "pushup" no a days? I firmly believe that getting an emote like this would mean so much to us rpers, and so little to the people who doesn't feel unique anymore... I mean besides all the thousands of other Jedi Knights out there doing the exact same thing...

If you look at the flow of the discussion, it should be pretty clear I was mocking the argument.

Also, meditation isn't only for jedi and sith. My trooper and maybe my BH would also want to meditate. Having the glow wouldn't work for that. Even for my force users I wouldn't want the glow. It's cheesy, and you don't see it elsewhere.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130921115522/starwars/images/a/ab/Yoda's_quarters.png

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111120194021/theclonewiki/images/5/52/DookuMeditating.jpg

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130716051517/starwars/images/e/e6/Qui-Gon-Serenity.png

A floating meditation animation would be good though.

I'd also love a meditation emote. However, I'd love it not to be about glow, but rather the animation of constructing a Lightsaber. I always found the way certain Jedi meditate and focus on constructing and taking apart their Lightsaber while meditating appealing.

Kind of like this:

This

While I know it is during the construction of a Lightsaber, I always found it appealing.

I second the notion that we need a meditation emote, but I'd love to see a meditation emote including this. They already showed us the construction of our Lightsabers during our Weapon quest on Tython. They could simply use the parts introduced there and use a red Crystal and blue crystal version for starters. A (Jedi) and (Sith) version. Insert an animation in front of the character which isn't based on the Lightsaber you are wearing, but simply on the starter Lightsaber.

It really doesn't matter does it? I assure you all the rpers playing mirilians will simply be happy that their fellow rpers can meditate, and the none rpers won't care.

This is idiotic.

Why do you care about a meditation emote when you have Introspection, Meditation, Seethe and Channel hatred?

Why does your want of a new emote, exceed the want of people who have Mirilians keeping their social ability? I for one still use mine.

Why does your want of a new emote, exceed the want of people who have Mirilians keeping their social ability?

Because it was foolish to think that only Mirilian Jedi meditate to begin with?

It's a rather simple thing: When RPing meditation sessions or playing a class which has no sitting emote (Jedi-Consular), you still want to be able to RP meditating in a cross legged position. Which genius had the idea that letting only Mirilian Jedi meditate like this (which is actually the standart way) was a good idea?

Because it was foolish to think that only Mirilian Jedi meditate to begin with?

It's a rather simple thing: When RPing meditation sessions or playing a class which has no sitting emote (Jedi-Consular), you still want to be able to RP meditating in a cross legged position. Which genius had the idea that letting only Mirilian Jedi meditate like this (which is actually the standart way) was a good idea?

Except Jedi don't glow with the force unless they're channeling it for healing or power, standard meditation requires no light to be emitted and thus we have an emote for it...

Except Jedi don't glow with the force unless they're channeling it for healing or power, standard meditation requires no light to be emitted and thus we have an emote for it...

We don't have an emote for it unless we play an mirilian or jedi knigth. I for instance roleplay on a sith warrior pureblood. Thus I cannot sit down and meditate with him. Furthermore, the channeled abilities hardly works for roleplay since they're on a timer. What we need are emotes like the /chair emotes for meditation, so that we can remain sitting until we decide to break it.

Also judging from your previous post, it is evident that you're not a roleplayer. Trust me, this is a big deal for us roleplayers and I find it sad that some people are so ethnocentric that they'd judge something as being 'stupid' just because they themselves have no use for it. For instance, you don't see me attacking people who want new GSF maps, despite the fact that I couldn't care less. I understand and respect that they enjoy other parts of the game than I do, and thus have other priorities.

Edited by Inzuher

Remove the glow and the timer, then add it as a standard meditation emote.....

Edited by SplashNOR

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, we already have the emote, but no animation to go along with it. You update the sleep, eat and chair emotes, but the "Meditate" emotes still just have you staring out in space saying "You meditate"

Really Bioware?

I think it's a bit much to ask for an emote that reacts to light/dark side, it's a cool idea, but it's just easier to ask that just the animation be added to the "Meditate" emote, where your character just meditates like the Jedi Knight does, with no effects, and you stay in a meditate state till you decide to break it with no timer.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Just curious, Why it have not been done already? Is there any answer from the dev team?

Because they're likely looking at this in a tactical way, waiting for the right moment and that moment might never come.

It'll after all take 10 minutes to include it as a "social" ability, so I don't see why we'd expect it to ever come.

Tbh, it'd even be OK if they made a "Legacy-emote", so in order to get the meditate you just need to level a JC or JK to chapter 2 ends (that's when we get the buffs, unless I'm mistaken) for the emotes. Could be /seethe and all the other class-related post-combat heals as well.

Anything for those damn meditation-emotes. But we'll likely not get them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.