The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Its time to make all armor legacy.

gofortheko

Now here me out, not saying everything NEEDS to be legacy starting out, but you need to add a function to make pieces to be able to be Legacy. For instance, you spend 200 cartel coins to make a non legacy piece of armor into legacy. This will add in a lot more variety in looks for those like myself who want to play more than one class but dont want to look like everyone else who does it.

So to summarize, make all armors be able to be bound to legacy using cartel coins.

Now here me out, not saying everything NEEDS to be legacy starting out, but you need to add a function to make pieces to be able to be Legacy. For instance, you spend 200 cartel coins to make a non legacy piece of armor into legacy. This will add in a lot more variety in looks for those like myself who want to play more than one class but dont want to look like everyone else who does it.

So to summarize, make all armors be able to be bound to legacy using cartel coins.

No. This game has always been about alts and by having an ability to make a piece of gear legacy bound, you are in essence bypassing the work of gearing alts which in a way might be seen as a form of pay to win.

Totally agree. This would be awesome. Especially from a roleplayer's perspective, since it'll grant you more options when customizing your character. As for the pointless complaining about not having to gear up your alts... Sorry dude, but you don't have to as things are atm, since you can already find legacy bound armour in the game.

No. This game has always been about alts and by having an ability to make a piece of gear legacy bound, you are in essence bypassing the work of gearing alts which in a way might be seen as a form of pay to win.

Players can already gear alts this way due to legacy armor being easy to get. I would state that I am against paying cartel coins to convert anything to have BoL bind type, but I don't see why there could not be another means in game via credits or crafting.

One more thing I would like to add, if a wardrobe option was added in game, most of these "I want to make X legacy bound" would mostly go away. Most people are not driven to wanting legacy bound stuff because they want to mail an implant to an alt, most of it comes down to player looks and the lack of legacy bound armor styles that look good.

Nonsense, that isn't at all what this game is about...

There is nothing more stupid than, "hey Trooper, I'm your Jedi friend in your Legacy, here is this really cool set of boots, you really should try them on. Oh sorry, I can't wear them, they are forever bound to you, no one can ever, ever in the history of the universe, ever put on those boots."

Yea, it really is that stupid.

Now, I get the bound issues for the in game economy, and that is fine. But we should be able to share everything between alts on an account.

I have 13 55s. I hate the look of all legacy armor except like two, and those I only tolerate. Its stupid that I cannot look the way I want simply because I want to play the equivalent class on the other faction. I want more options for legacy bound looks, so make a wardrobe, or make more armor legacy bound.

Players can already gear alts this way due to legacy armor being easy to get. I would state that I am against paying cartel coins to convert anything to have BoL bind type, but I don't see why there could not be another means in game via credits or crafting.

One more thing I would like to add, if a wardrobe option was added in game, most of these "I want to make X legacy bound" would mostly go away. Most people are not driven to wanting legacy bound stuff because they want to mail an implant to an alt, most of it comes down to player looks and the lack of legacy bound armor styles that look good.

This is the key thing for me as well.

I have no interest whatsoever in seeing the CM taking over yet another part of the game.