Council Raptus NiM kiting after 2.10

Probably many of You (especially people who were kiting raptus on council nim) realized that Raptus cone cast is again 1.5 sec (it was 1.5 at the beginning, then it was changed to 2.0) after 2.10 patch and nightmare buff goes out.

Tbh for me its somekind weird since idea with canceling nim buff was to set nim content on more friendly status for people and guilds, who weren't able to do that before nerf.

And now after 2.10 again kiting raptus is much harder than it was before nerf.

Everyone who were kiting him, probably many times saw strange things, like getting teleported to raptus even when you are at 20 meters behind him, or invisible cone to mid, when animation is in other direction.

There was even some youtube movie on forum, on which you can see that problem.

So what's your opinion guys? They changed it again on purpose, or its, just sloppy development?

From my point of view - first PTS build with palace was after nerf build (even when it had nim buff), second was real nim build. On live they changed cast time, but they forgot to change it on nerfed build.

Of course i sended possible bug report on that, but as allways answer was - "bla bla bla, we are looking at this, thanks, etc." nothing meaningful

Nice but you don't see the point - our guild done it before and after nerf, so its not a problem for me.

Im just curious why its changed since idea after nerf is to be easier, not harder.

Edited by Sejvk

Nice but you don't see the point - our guild done it before ant after nerf, so its not a problem for me.

Im just curious why its changed since idea after nerf is to be easier, not harder.

I don't really see how it is harder. That push should never touch you anyway. The only thing is that he stands still half a second less. Which makes you move about more. No big deal.. or really a concern at all tbh.

Edited by Evolixe

That push should never touch you anyway. The only thing is that he stands still half a second less.

Really? Hey thanks for information, i didn't know that. Lol.

The problem is it's sometime bugging due to server delay, and because of that they changed it to 2.0 sec before nerf, so with 1.5 problem is just bigger.

But of course if you doing it so perfectly it's ok.

Im curious for other opinion about that.

BTW here is one of the movies i was talking about https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TquIMFXGnRc (credit goes to author)

This is even better example of problem https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgATgHF_v9w

Edited by Sejvk

Wouldn't have happened if he jumped while going through.

Next.

So we are doing operations or dealing with broken design / mechanics? Of course you can avoid that by jumping, by puting bubble on sorc etc. But again it's not the point.

Getting tagged by short delay ground targeted mechanics is a game issue which can't be fixed easily since it's to do with how often and why the game updates your position.

The only thing a player can do is force position updates by jumping, this applies a lot in NiM council mostly because of reaches but the kiter also gets an extra mechanic to dodge.

I haven't heard our kiters mention kiting being harder since buff removal.

I is a very strange change BW reimplemented, but it makes kiting a tiny bit more interesting. As for the videos posted a page back; as mentioned by many others jumping is the key to avoiding all those scenarios, there's no reason for any class not to jump once through the knock back.

Also 200ms+ kiter if I can do it so can you :D

This should have never been changed anyway IMO, so glad it's back to the way it was.

Edit: BTW I love you linking HMD videos where the kiter never jumps through Raptus and wonders why there was a problem. Makes me laugh every time:D

Edited by SnickerJew

When did they change it from 1.5 to 2 secs? I had no problems kiting pre-2.10, but last night was killed be deadly slash more then all attemps pre-2.10 combine. Jumping wasn't working for me either, unless you have to land for the trick to work cause i was knocked backwards alot while i was in the air. Never bothered to look at the cast time before last night cause it was never an issue. It's also possible last night's fail was due to The Harbinger giveing multiple people in the group massive lag spikes, though none occured while we were on council.

When did they change it from 1.5 to 2 secs? I had no problems kiting pre-2.10, but last night was killed be deadly slash more then all attemps pre-2.10 combine. Jumping wasn't working for me either, unless you have to land for the trick to work cause i was knocked backwards alot while i was in the air. Never bothered to look at the cast time before last night cause it was never an issue. It's also possible last night's fail was due to The Harbinger giveing multiple people in the group massive lag spikes, though none occured while we were on council.

I've been hit a couple times middair while jumping, seems the 100% way is to land. Although its pretty funny being 0.00m on the boss and being knocked directly up.

The change back to 1.5 seconds isn't really even worth thinking about. Get out of the cleave, repeat til dead. My baseline ping is 220-250 and I've streamed on 300-350 and still kited so I would be looking at the player not the mechanic if anything goes wrong.

If you get the kiting down right you will know exactly when he will start his knock.

Based from both animations and position. Learn that, and you will never fail again. Kiting 101.

~someone that did council nim for the first time last week and hasn't failed kiting since the second attempt.

If you get the kiting down right you will know exactly when he will start his knock.

Based from both animations and position. Learn that, and you will never fail again. Kiting 101.

~someone that did council nim for the first time last week and hasn't failed kiting since the second attempt.

Plz do tell: How many times have you kited on NiM council? How many fails? How easy do you think it is?

You need to say it again, for I believe there are still people contributing to this thread that haven't noticed yet and would like to see another repetition of statements not related to OP.

Polemics aside: Devs are contradicting themselves, that's what's been rightly pointed out. It doesn't matter how faceroll easy kiting was or is now. Dev's statement was that removing the NiM Buff would mean lower difficulty in certain areas while other areas remain the same. That's why increased life on Draxus' Guardians in Nim nerfed Fortress was a bug, faceroll easy as the boss still was after it.

Op is saying: "4 - 2 = 6 is wrong"

And you're saying "Hey, but 2 is a beautiful number."

You maybe right, it's just not the point. At all.

I hope not since we are just dealing with broken design by jumping. For me cast may be even 1 sec, but it must work ok, not be buggy ****.

Considering it was this way initially and many guilds killed this consistently with this intended mechanic, it's really not that buggy. From my personal kiting, I have never once had issues with "butt cleave" or any of that other nonsense & this was back when no one believed there was a way for the kiter to not get Soa'd. But hey, what do I know.

I do agree that this is nerf'd content now, but what did they really nerf? They only made healers hate themselves even more by nerfing content that was already a joke to heal. Changing the cast time back to 1.5s I hope is what they intended as this is the way the fight should be. It's not a hard mechanic & many many others have done it this way.