TEH PvP Leaderboards

xMaranathax

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those acid heals o.O

yeah... opposing team did no damage and you guys facerolled them...

troll heals... not sure this qualifies for leaderboard, but hey... integrity, right?

some people will do whatever they can for attention. :rolleyes:

yeah... opposing team did no damage and you guys facerolled them...

troll heals... not sure this qualifies for leaderboard, but hey... integrity, right?

some people will do whatever they can for attention. :rolleyes:

Meh, most records are results of luck, group comp, or setup.

We don't call foul on high hps/prot games when the enemy team has a guildie tab dotting/spreading aoe's to help pad the tank/healer's numbers, we don't call foul on a dps queuing with stacked healers so that he/she can farm dps, and we don't laugh at those random 4 healer arena games were someone just happens to be there and pulls massive dps.

That game was boring, I actually raised an eyebrow at his hps since the entire enemy team was fighting me on their goal line the entire match, but I think his record is just as valid as 90% of the other records that are posted.

Meh, most records are results of luck, group comp, or setup.

We don't call foul on high hps/prot games when the enemy team has a guildie tab dotting/spreading aoe's to help pad the tank/healer's numbers, we don't call foul on a dps queuing with stacked healers so that he/she can farm dps, and we don't laugh at those random 4 healer arena games were someone just happens to be there and pulls massive dps.

That game was boring, I actually raised an eyebrow at his hps since the entire enemy team was fighting me on their goal line the entire match, but I think his record is just as valid as 90% of the other records that are posted.

In a nutshell, pvp "records" are meaningless

Added a new rule:

#9 - Any screenshot showing the likelihood of stat padding is subject to removal at my discretion.

Sorry ladies, the high HPS screenshots of you standing in acid at the Pit, showing that you cared nothing about your team nor the objectives, whether you had an influence on the match or not, is completely unacceptable. This is a thread to showcase records, not glitches, hacks, exploits, etc.

I understand that this game isn't 100% balanced, but I will be damned if I support someone making an unfair advantage for their name to be up on a wall somewhere.

Where is the honor? Where is the sportsmanship?

1) 3,396.79 - Turdel <Tatooine Swim Team> Operative HB (Screenshot)

With the new rule in place, you may want to re-evaluate this. I'm not accusing, but it's worth a look for a few reasons.

A) I play Op healer every day, and I'd like to think I'm pretty decent at it. Pushing 3K HPS is a monumental task by it's self, though people often get close with 2.5k+ HPS - and even that's in a constant high damage scenario. 3.4k HPS? That's.. well, practically unbelievable.

B) Probably the most damning evidence is that ontop of the screenshot being cropped to just the scoreboard, you can still see the acid pit on the right side of the screenshot. Here's a paint illustration, pointing out what I mean. http://i.imgur.com/ticOmni.jpg yes i took the time to do this im pathetic i know

C) Huttball is a pain in the *** to heal on. People are all over the map and largely ever focused in one place to even get close to pushing 3K HPS, let alone 3.4k. Theoretically it's possible, if both entire teams were just stacked in mid dueling it to the death. But frankly, I doubt it.

*Shrug* Make the decision for yourself. Nothing against the guy, but I question the legitimacy of 3.4k HPS on a Huttball map.

Edit: In his defense, he does have a large amount of Objective points and the overall healing is tons. So the possibility of the match being a drawn out dogpile fight in mid is still possible. But it honestly depends on how long it takes for the game to evaluate what your average HPS is. If he was standing in the pit for the last couple of minutes just healing at a constant rate, whereas he spent the earlier portion of the game scoring and or defending, well, things get hazey.

Edited by Shenyu

With the new rule in place, you may want to re-evaluate this. I'm not accusing, but it's worth a look for a few reasons.

A) I play Op healer every day, and I'd like to think I'm pretty decent at it. Pushing 3K HPS is a monumental task by it's self, though people often get close with 2.5k+ HPS - and even that's in a constant high damage scenario. 3.4k HPS? That's.. well, practically unbelievable.

B) Probably the most damning evidence is that ontop of the screenshot being cropped to just the scoreboard, you can still see the acid pit on the right side of the screenshot. Here's a paint illustration, pointing out what I mean. http://i.imgur.com/ticOmni.jpg yes i took the time to do this im pathetic i know

C) Huttball is a pain in the *** to heal on. People are all over the map and largely ever focused in one place to even get close to pushing 3K HPS, let alone 3.4k. Theoretically it's possible, if both entire teams were just stacked in mid dueling it to the death. But frankly, I doubt it.

*Shrug* Make the decision for yourself. Nothing against the guy, but I question the legitimacy of 3.4k HPS on a Huttball map.

Edit: In his defense, he does have a large amount of Objective points and the overall healing is tons. So the possibility of the match being a drawn out dogpile fight in mid is still possible. But it honestly depends on how long it takes for the game to evaluate what your average HPS is. If he was standing in the pit for the last couple of minutes just healing at a constant rate, whereas he spent the earlier portion of the game scoring and or defending, well, things get hazey.

That is Nollie, she was standing in the acid healing her group, this is a fact.

Edited by alexsamma

She's also one of the best operative healers this game has ever seen, and this record replaced another where she did 3k+ in a civil war, she replaced her own record at the top of the leaderboard. The concept of pretty much anyone outside of zorz being on par with nollie is frankly laughable.

She's also one of the best operative healers this game has ever seen, and this record replaced another where she did 3k+ in a civil war, she replaced her own record at the top of the leaderboard. The concept of pretty much anyone outside of zorz being on par with nollie is frankly laughable.

Okay. And that's lovely.

But my point stands that if we're declining acid pit submissions, the same should apply to currently existing ones.

(Assuming it is one.)

And even then, HPS is only a matter of variables. It'll only go as high as the amount of damage being put out. And there's things like crits and positioning to take into account. That's why this Acid Pit "exploit" is possible in the first place. It outputs a constant amount of static damage which is high enough so that the Operative can heal to their fullest potential yet not die.

If you sum the amount of damage the enemy dealt in total you find that they only put out 2,206,861 damage. Additionally Turdel's team (excluding her healing) put up 600,150 healing. Also there where 16 deaths on Turdels team, and on the assumption that each person has around 31k HP, that accounts for ~496,000 damage that was unhealed, however since its huttball a few of those might have bee at least partially related to environmental damage I'm going to drop that figure down to 400,000.

So taking the enemies team total damage and subtracting from it the amount of non-turdel healing and the unhealed damage resulting in the deaths we get

2,206,861 - 600,150 - 400,000 = 1,206,711

Turdel's healing was 2,642,703

2,642,703 - 1,206,711 = 1,435,992

Which means Turdel healed some 1.4 million damage that could only have been from environmental effects. I.e acid.

I don't know about you, 1.4 million environmental damage sounds a bit high don't you think?

EDIT: I forgot to factor in medpacks which are not included in healing numbers. Assuming that each person medpacked once before dying that yields a average death HP of

31,000*(0.3*31,000) = 40,300

40,300*16 = 644,800

644,800 - 96,000* = 548,800

2,206,861 - 600,150 - 548,800 = 1,057,911

2,642,703 - 1,057,911 = 1,584,792

So the revised amount of environmental damage that Turdel healed is now 1.5 million, which is even more unbelievable.

*(the very rough assumption I made for amount of environmental damage that resulted in a death)

Edited by Zoom_VI

If you go back one page, you can see me posting that Nollie's record was healing in the acid. So, great math and everything, and the talk on healing,really enjoyed it, I've never tried healing, so I don't know how it works.

edit: just to clarify, I'm not pretending Nollie didn't post that just to troll. I even remember the jokes when no one questioned it and it was just put on the leaderboard. My post is in response to "What's possible to reach". :rolleyes:

Edited by johnatters

It's too bad swtor doesn't have a method of keeping track of stats that could then be compared by all on some sort of leader board. WAR did something like this. It's just sad people will actually try to find a way to exploit in the game then submit their numbers that were gained through said exploit. Wow, that's bad. But not surprising. I am never surprised by people, ever.

If you go back one page, you can see me posting that Nollie's record was healing in the acid. So, great math and everything, and the talk on healing,really enjoyed it, I've never tried healing, so I don't know how it works.

Oops, I didn't bother reading back pages. Oh well, it still provides a method for determining if someone's healing is legitimate or not.

Besides Turdel's record which is still listed on the leaderboard, is undeniably a acid exploit.

Although I find it amusing that even with straight acid healing they can only come up with 3.3k HPS, considering there are people that have done 3.6k legitimately

Edited by Zoom_VI