Would 'No Leader Board' = Better PvP?

Josewales

Honestly, I think it should be the other way around. Since they won't delete solo-ranked (like they should), it would be MORE beneficial to have no team rating, and let the teams just queue up to fight. I garauntee you'd see more teams and more fun.

lel yes make yolo queue the only thing with rating, that would go over really well.

It's kind of the entire point of ranked; isn't it?

I actually think having ranked in general is kind of dumb in this game. Never have had enough people Q'ing in any version of ranked without cross server Qs, so I just think the resources could have been served better with just the regular Qs so they are loaded, and adding actual matchmaking, but yet that also seems to be a weakness of these devs, also.

Pretty much no cross server Qs nor matchmaking (outside of the small subset which lacks enough numbers to make it work due to that same cross server thing) is really what is wrong with PvP in this game. Good players don't want to play with bads, and casual PvPers don't want to play with elitist jerks, yet there you are, all thrown together willy nilly; unless you premade, and then people whine about that.

Edited by Technohic

Well since it turned into a "ranked topic"

What i think they should do is

for a start put 8v8 ranked back in...

Get rid of rating for solo and group 4s. The rating system is designed for a game 100x the size "losing rating" is basically why alot people stop queueing in this game against better teams and they do have to face the better team over and over and over.

For example on TOFN so much more people on tofn queued in preseason for GR because nobody had to worry about rating...

In its place have tournaments/leagues/events with the vanity rubbish rewards title/mount/blahblah and only for group 4s and 8s.

and some form of "challenge mode" for both 4v4 and 8v8 so teams can arrange to play each other and in turn also enables the community to organise there own tournaments. etcetcetc.

Also cross server but that kinda goes without saying at this point xDDDDDDDDDDD

Probs crazy ideas to most but whatever.

Edited by AngusFTW

I understand what you're saying, but I think history has already proven that this wouldn't work. there weren't any leader boards in 8v8, and those queues were also ghost towns.

You unfortunately can't REALLY compare 8v8s to the current arenas. This is because during nearly the ENTIRE time of 8v8s, there was little to no class changes or balance, and there was ****0**** dev support or alterations to 8v8 rateds during it's epic duration of ''pre season 1''.

As far as I'm concerned, ''Team Ranked/Rateds'' doesn't even exist in SWTOR at all. Until they make you register a LEGIT 5 or 6 players for your 4 man TEAM, SWTOR will never really have Team Rateds. It's just ''Group Rateds"

Edited by SOULCASTER

You unfortunately can't REALLY compare 8v8s to the current arenas. This is because during nearly the ENTIRE time of 8v8s, there was little to no class changes or balance, and there was ****0**** dev support or alterations to 8v8 rateds during it's epic duration of ''pre season 1''.

As far as I'm concerned, ''Team Ranked/Rateds'' doesn't even exist in SWTOR at all. Until they make you register a LEGIT 5 or 6 players for your 4 man TEAM, SWTOR will never really have Team Rateds. It's just ''Group Rateds"

you raise fair points, except I strongly believe that the major reason 8v8 was empty is the major reason 4v4 is empty. outside of the elite teams, nobody -- and I mean nobody -- is going to hop in the queue to ostensibly feed them wins. if you're close, you keep queueing. if not. well...ok. back to regs I guess.

you raise fair points, except I strongly believe that the major reason 8v8 was empty is the major reason 4v4 is empty. outside of the elite teams, nobody -- and I mean nobody -- is going to hop in the queue to ostensibly feed them wins. if you're close, you keep queueing. if not. well...ok. back to regs I guess.

Hhaha yeah. That's the problem, and it exists for multiple reasons. I think what SWTOR needs to do to fix the rated scene is:

1. Remove solo rateds. Keep the solo arena thing, but remove ELO/rating and ranked comms.

2. Along with #1 above, remove arenas from the regular WZ queue. Because of #1 above.

3. Force a Group of 4 to register a TEAM in order to queue for team arena rateds.

4. Announce the ELO bench mark for rewards for the teams to reach at the START of the season.

5. Keep the dailies for team arenas, so there is incentive to keep doing them and to gear faster.

6. Show a leader board for ONLY the rated team names registered, not individual players. But allow your individual rating to show on your character sheet and your registered team name.

Would probably change the queues to look like:

Queue Reg Arenas

Queue Reg Warzones

Queue Rated Arenas (need a 4 man team registered)

Edited by SOULCASTER

Hhaha yeah. That's the problem, and it exists for multiple reasons. I think what SWTOR needs to do to fix the rated scene is:

1. Remove solo rateds. Keep the solo arena thing, but remove ELO/rating and ranked comms.

2. Along with #1 above, remove arenas from the regular WZ queue. Because of #1 above.

3. Force a Group of 4 to register a TEAM in order to queue for team arena rateds.

4. Announce the ELO bench mark for rewards for the teams to reach at the START of the season.

5. Keep the dailies for team arenas, so there is incentive to keep doing them and to gear faster.

6. Show a leader board for ONLY the rated team names registered, not individual players. But allow your individual rating to show on your character sheet and your registered team name.

Would probably change the queues to look like:

Queue Reg Arenas

Queue Reg Warzones

Queue Rated Arenas (need a 4 man team registered)

Well these changes would suit about 0.1% of the game population. Sure thats going to happen.

There is NEVER going to be serious pvp in swtor all those pvp guilds left 2 years ago.

Edited by Tellenn