PvP broken

XianZul

Why is it that you can manage to be placed into over 4 consecutive huttball games? Also, you guys need to get rid of your stupid "only 4 man" ranked crap, bring back 8 vs 8 cause your current system could be better designed by an infant baby with half a brain. Edited by XianZul

Tell me your secret! Whenever I queue it is hypergates or novare. Nothing against these warzones but when they are 10 times in a row it makes you annoyed. How do you get so many huttballs in a row? What do I need to do?:(

This.

Except I hate AHG almost as much as I hate arenas....

Why is it that you can manage to be placed into over 4 consecutive huttball games? Also, you guys need to get rid of your stupid "only 4 man" ranked crap, bring back 8 vs 8 cause your current system could be better designed by an infant baby with half a brain.

I doubt if you can't understand how you are placed in 4 consecutive huttball games that you are smart enough to even play in 8v8 ranked. Every heard of probability? Every warzone has an equal chance to pop, so it is possible that the chances you got 4 in a row of the same one are likely, just rare. Or are you one of the people that thinks Bioware is out to ruin your life by making you play 4 huttball matches in a row? Pathetic.

I doubt if you can't understand how you are placed in 4 consecutive huttball games that you are smart enough to even play in 8v8 ranked. Every heard of probability? Every warzone has an equal chance to pop, so it is possible that the chances you got 4 in a row of the same one are likely, just rare. Or are you one of the people that thinks Bioware is out to ruin your life by making you play 4 huttball matches in a row? Pathetic.

I love the assumption where the system works. There is a huge problem with how pvp maps are assigned on TOFN. I get multiple (4 minimum) hypergates and novare's on a daily basis. What if I told you that there is a problem with the system and your assumption of 'perfect probabilities' does not hold? I have the best time in PVP when i get 5 huttballs in a row. This hasn't happened in two weeks but the other repeating wz show up on a daily basis. 00:00-02:00am.

Edited by Leafy_Bug

I love the assumption where the system works. There is a huge problem with how pvp maps are assigned on TOFN. I get multiple (4 minimum) hypergates and novare's on a daily basis. What if I told you that there is a problem with the system and your assumption of 'perfect probabilities' does not hold? I have the best time in PVP when i get 5 huttballs in a row. This hasn't happened in two weeks but the other repeating wz show up on a daily basis. 00:00-02:00am.

It really doesn't work. Most of my matches end up being mixed between AHG, Novare, Arenas and Q Huttball. The only time I seem to get my favourite maps regularly is if there's an imp guild running a 4man and making all of my favourites painful for me :(

WTB Huttball Only Queue

I'm almost positive that the server tries to keep an equal amount of all WZ's active at once (Arenas all count as one as do both HB's). The problem is that once you end a WZ in your case HB, there is now a deficiency of HB instances. The server will fix this by creating a new one. I've noticed when I get those runs of the same WZ in a row I'm with a lot fo the same people. My hypothesis is that since most people requeue immediately and the server is now short one instance of the WZ you just left, it creates a new instance of the one you were just in and sticks everyone who requeued back into the same WZ.

That's my hypothesis anyway. From what I see happening it makes the most sense and would likely be the easiest way to set it up programmaticly speaking. It would probably work fine if the population was much bigger (like what they had in mind when it was designed) but with the smaller pop sizes it probably gets a bit wonky.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.