TOR's writing team: HUGE and GLARING ERROR in one of the Class Mails for FA

Darth_Wicked

Just an honest oversight! The text will be updated to correct the issue in a future update.

It is possible that someday far from now, a future product may depend on setting canon versions of some events, as happened with KOTOR and KOTOR II. Nobody can say for sure. But we do not have any plans to ever declare the "canon" version of any decision your character makes while the game is live. That's up to you.

YES!!! SWTOR 2 INCOMING!!!!!!! thanks for noticing the issue and this thread.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With huge letters and lots of !. As if normal sentences wouldn't have done the same thing.

Big letters and overly emotional statements got Bioware to fess up. FACT. They were going to resurrect all the potentially dead characters if it hadn't been for them meddling kids!

DAMN YOU FORUMS!!!!

With huge letters and lots of !. As if normal sentences wouldn't have done the same thing.

Big letters and overly emotional statements got Bioware to fess up. FACT. They were going to resurrect all the potentially dead characters if it hadn't been for them meddling kids!

DAMN YOU FORUMS!!!!

Nitpicking, in addition to being sore it would seem.

Regardless, the purpose of the thread has been fulfilled and the current Lead Writer for the game was kind enough to take the time and address it.

I shall leave you to what you both do best, namely licking your wounds.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

DAMN YOU FORUMS!!!!

Given that a normal style post was wasn't tired first that's like saying killing a fly with a sledge hammer worked just fine without trying a flysmacker first.

Aslo, "fess up" implies they tired to cover something up which BW didn't.

Regardless, the purpose of the thread has been fulfilled and the current Lead Writer for the game was kind enough to take the time and address it.

Not sure what I'm supposed to have been defeated in here. A kid that throws a tantrum to get a toy might get the toy, but their behavior is hardly a victory.

I think you might have some personal attachment to the game that if left unchecked...might lead to additional issues. There are some warning signs present.

Edited by Arkerus

I think you might have some personal attachment to the game that if left unchecked...might lead to additional issues. There are some warning signs present.

Arkerus, I'm being serious now. I agree with you about the warning signs; there are definitely some underlining psychological issues at play. However, an online forum is not a venue to address them and we may even exacerbate them if we continue.

I'm backing off now, but everybody should consider how ludicrous the tone of this thread is and not contribute further to it.

- Arcada

Arkerus, I'm being serious now. I agree with you about the warning signs; there are definitely some underlining psychological issues at play. However, an online forum is not a venue to address them and we may even exacerbate them if we continue.

I'm backing off now, but everybody should consider how ludicrous the tone of this thread is and not contribute further to it.

- Arcada

Awe....but it's fun seeing an emotional meltdown of this magnitude over a game :(

Well here is my 2 cents... for what it is worth.

For starters, lets agree that this thread worked. It brought attention to an issue and it has been or will be resolved with a few lines of text. Easy, peasy. A win win. So kudos to the OP for that.

Now, personally, I didn't view it as a big deal. I'm an old comic book fan. And nobody, except for Spider-mans Uncle Bent and Batman's folks stays dead. Lol! So... it didn't surprise me and I barely made note of the mail when I completed things with my Sent.

So was it an overraction? The words HUGE and GLARING ERROR don't apply from my point of view. But, that is my point of view. I grant that this is a big deal for others who are much more cognizant of story continuity.

Kudos to the OP and kudos to BW for responding. Now... how about some of the other issues like the bugs in Ops etc. Let's get to those.

Just an honest oversight! The text will be updated to correct the issue in a future update.

It is possible that someday far from now, a future product may depend on setting canon versions of some events, as happened with KOTOR and KOTOR II. Nobody can say for sure. But we do not have any plans to ever declare the "canon" version of any decision your character makes while the game is live. That's up to you.

What about whether ANYTHING in the game is canon at all? Will that question ever be answered definitively?

What about whether ANYTHING in the game is canon at all? Will that question ever be answered definitively?

http://42gaming.com/blog/community-cantina-q-a-with-eric-musco-los-angeles-2014.html

Question: How will Disney’s takeover of the rights to Star Wars affect SWTOR’s lore?

Answer: SWTOR is not canon. It is part of the extended universe. It will not be affected in anyway.

The only thing that can affect SWTOR is Lucas Arts. As in Sith will not be running around on unicorn mounts.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.