Give up 3.0 info

AussieAlan

There's no need to get upset over it.

We've been saying for months now that they wouldn't hype 3.0 until after 2.10 dropped and look at that, they're going to be hyping 3.0 now that 2.10 has dropped.

Logic, it's so much like magic that it almost rhymes.

We haven't even known about 2.10 for months.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You nailed it. We have been holding back 3.0 details because <SPOILERS!!>. But now that Forged Alliances is out there with this morning's launch of 2.10 we're letting folks have a little time with Rakata Prime and then spilling the beans on 3.0. Look for a teaser within a week, and then a full announce before the end of month!

Thank you, i hope for Beta.

Anyone paying attention to releases has known since 2.8 that they split 2.9 into two parts. Stronghold/Conquest/Guild Ships for 2.9 and Class changes and new FP for 2.10.

I'm not sure where you got that information before July 24th when they announced it on stream. I never saw anyone say anything about a 2.10 (other than that there could be one between 2.9 and 3.0) before then. I also never heard or saw anyone talking about the fact that class changes would be coming in 2.10 before the stream.

Eric even references the fact that 2.9 didn't include any class changes in the notes and that people were asking about that.

Can you link me to anything talking about 2.10 before July 24th? Or are you just saying you knew about it the whole time when you didn't?

http://dulfy.net/2014/07/24/swtor-game-update-2-10-on-sept-9-with-class-changes/

I'm not sure where you got that information before July 24th when they announced it on stream. I never saw anyone say anything about a 2.10 (other than that there could be one between 2.9 and 3.0) before then. I also never heard or saw anyone talking about the fact that class changes would be coming in 2.10 before the stream.

Eric even references the fact that 2.9 didn't include any class changes in the notes and that people were asking about that.

Can you link me to anything talking about 2.10 before July 24th? Or are you just saying you knew about it the whole time when you didn't?

http://dulfy.net/2014/07/24/swtor-game-update-2-10-on-sept-9-with-class-changes/

So, you want me to provide you with information from before the date when they released that same information?

We were in 2.8 when they explained that 2.10 would have all the class changes. That was about two months ago. It's not my fault you didn't pay attention and it slipped by you.

So, you want me to provide you with information from before the date when they released that same information?

We were in 2.8 when they explained that 2.10 would have all the class changes. That was about two months ago. It's not my fault you didn't pay attention and it slipped by you.

Yes, we were in 2.8 you're right. On the date that I listed, July 24th. Which is about a month and a half ago.

You nailed it. We have been holding back 3.0 details because <SPOILERS!!>. But now that Forged Alliances is out there with this morning's launch of 2.10 we're letting folks have a little time with Rakata Prime and then spilling the beans on 3.0. Look for a teaser within a week, and then a full announce before the end of month!

Lol this is pretty a cheat. Ok for story and lore... but what about: planets? Levels? Price? Ability? Gear? Operation? PvP?

These info are not lore related... -.-"

Edited by Elminster_cs

Yes, we were in 2.8 you're right. On the date that I listed, July 24th. Which is about a month and a half ago.

I'm sorry you haven't bothered to read up on basic info in the last six weeks, but you've got no one to blame for not knowing what the rest of us have known for quite a while now.

Lol this is pretty a cheat. Ok for story and lore... but what about: planets? Levels? Price? Ability? Gear? Operation? PvP?

These info are not lore related... -.-"

Relax, we'll get info in a few days and a full blown expansion reveal within a few weeks.

Although, it should be noted that you're asking for details that you're never going to get. Do try not to get your hopes up.

I'm sorry you haven't bothered to read up on basic info in the last six weeks, but you've got no one to blame for not knowing what the rest of us have known for quite a while now.

No, I've known for 6 weeks. Just like you. You claim to have known for months, but you didn't. No need to apologize for my ability to tell the difference between lengths of time.

You're making a narrative that simply isn't true. This whole "we've known x for months" thing is a lie. They have been incredibly poor with their communication, and you're white washing it to make it seem not so bad.

No, I've known for 6 weeks. Just like you. You claim to have known for months, but you didn't. No need to apologize for my ability to tell the difference between lengths of time.

You're making a narrative that simply isn't true. This whole "we've known x for months" thing is a lie. They have been incredibly poor with their communication, and you're white washing it to make it seem not so bad.

Now you're just making stuff up.

I said we've known since 2.8 and we have. You seem to think that's not all that much time, which indicates that you're impatient. I'm counseling you to find some patience and you'll get the info when they're ready to release it. Or you can rant some more, either way works for me.

It should be noted here before people get their hopes up: RotHC was never on a public beta or public test server. It was all internally tested.

It wasn't only internally tested, I know people that were part of closed beta. BioWare sent invites via e-mail, so same thing will probably happen this time.

Well, fingers crossed there will be no grouping requirement to see the follow up content and that it can be enjoyed without seeing the previous Flashpoints. And no, I can't possibly solo, seeing I am too frightened to approach a Group Finder.

With respect... If you are frightened by group finder, are you sure MMOs are for you?

From all your posts in the past, I have grown convinced that you're just playing the wrong type of game for you.

I'm always impressed by people's abilities to rationalize and explain away any poor decision made by BW. Everyone is just so damn pleased with whatever they do.

Hardly, BW has made a few mistakes along the way IMHO, some back at launch (which I suppose one could argue can be blamed on a fundamentally different team), some in years past, and some that are recent/current. And there are other things which, while they aren't outright mistakes/bad decisions could probably have been done better. But none of that means that waiting until after 2.10 to start talking about 3.0 is a mistake.

As difficult as it may be for some to understand, just because a person doesn't have a problem with "only" having three months of press/hype, that does not mean they're out to "rationalize and explain away any poor decision made by BW." Amazingly enough, it is even possible for someone to take the position that BW is doing a good job managing this game overall, and still not be the sort of mindless sycophant you seem to think you're encountering.

Crazy, I know!

I'm always impressed by people's abilities to rationalize and explain away any poor decision made by BW. Everyone is just so damn pleased with whatever they do.

Seriously? I'm hard-pressed to see that in these forums. Especially General. Comments positive to Bioware are few and far between. It's just one big ***** fest.