The Scam/Not a Scam debate storyline

LyraineAlei

Sellers have a choice whether to trick other people.

Buyers have no choice if they want to be tricked or not.

They can ... choose not to click the "BUY" button? Or they can ... choose to click the "BUY" button!

Sounds like a choice to me!

Seriously, this troll has gone on long enough. The initial whine was annoying. 3/10 at best. But you've successfully drawn out a lot of people on a 20+ page thread about people who play the game with their eyes closed. So I'll give you an extra 4 points for that. 7/10. There. You happy now? Can you let this utterly idiotic subject drop now?

Let me slide you a hint: ain't nothing Bioware CAN or WILL do to fix this non-problem. Look in the mirror for the solution.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They can ... choose not to click the "BUY" button? Or they can ... choose to click the "BUY" button!

Sounds like a choice to me!

Seriously, this troll has gone on long enough. The initial whine was annoying. 3/10 at best. But you've successfully drawn out a lot of people on a 20+ page thread about people who play the game with their eyes closed. So I'll give you an extra 4 points for that. 7/10. There. You happy now? Can you let this utterly idiotic subject drop now?

Let me slide you a hint: ain't nothing Bioware CAN or WILL do to fix this non-problem. Look in the mirror for the solution.

Your opinion man :) You're entitled to it.

Ahh, saying I have mental issues? This confirms your desperation Reno, I expected better of you ;)

But it's not interfering with other user's enjoyment of the game. They arn't being forced to buy the seller's item. If they were being forced to buy it, it would be a different story. But a seller can list any item they want for any price and a buyer can choose whether or not to buy said item.

No scam, no trickery, no deceit.

Just in case you had trouble understanding it the first 2 times.

Just in case you had trouble understanding it the first 2 times.

Harassment consists of misuse and/or abuse of game mechanics and verbal harassment with the intention of distressing and offending other players.

Do anything that interferes with the ability of other Service users to enjoy playing Star Wars: The Old Republic and using the Service in accordance with its rules, or that materially increases the expense or difficulty of EA in maintaining the Service for the enjoyment of all its users.

Just in case you've had trouble understanding the first 6 times. It's against the TOS. There's the evidence. Believe it or not, your choice.

Just in case you've had trouble understanding the first 6 times. It's against the TOS. There's the evidence. Believe it or not, your choice.

On a more serious note... this wouldn't fall under the "misuse and/or abuse of game mechanics with the intention of distressing and offending other players" since its intent isn't to distress or offend, but to make money.

On a more serious note... this wouldn't fall under the "misuse and/or abuse of game mechanics with the intention of distressing and offending other players" since its intent isn't to distress or offend, but to make money.

Well yeah I guess it would. But still, you distress players if you trick players and take their money.

Still you don't realise what people are doing is against the TOS. It's a shame because it seems like you won't learn. Shame, son. :rolleyes:

I've yet to see anything against the TOS being done. Only the facts of sellers listing items at prices they want and buyers choosing whether or not to buy them.

I've yet to see anything against the TOS being done. Only the facts of sellers listing items at prices they want and buyers choosing whether or not to buy them.

I've quoted the TOS parts about 3 times now, and have explained why it is against the TOS. You should probably go back and read them.

Edited by EvenHardNiner

Seriusly guys... just stop with this thread already.... no matter what you say you will not get EvenHard to acknowledge that he is at fault.

With him its all circular arguments and passing off his opinions as fact or truth, while at the same time dismissing rational counter arguments as "your opinion", "victim blaming" and what not.

Just ignore him and let the thread die so that he can disappear along with it...