The Scam/Not a Scam debate storyline

LyraineAlei

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ask a simple question:

Is deliberately putting over priced items on the GTN in the hope that somebody will misread the price (due to the way the decimals are displayed) and them unintentionally purchasing an over priced item against the rules?

Many people have bought crafting mats for hundreds of thousands of credits when they only intended to use a few thousand credits, many people have been tricked and have misread the way the numbers are displayed.

I myself almost fell into this trap but as a person who uses the GTN more often than most (more than new players) I recognized what was about to happen.

Obviously there will be responses saying it's the buyers fault for not reading the price. And of course it is, because they're the one who clicked the button, and it is also the sellers fault for overpricing the item on purpose.

However the buyer did not intend to buy an over priced item, yet the seller intended to overprice the item, and that here is the real issue.

Is this against the rules, Bioware? Because if it's not then I'm sure as heck gonna start doing this more often :p

How would you like Bioware to fix your, and other's, lack of attention? Should they release a special patch just for folks who don't look at the price before clicking "BUY" that fixes their brains so that they actually LOOK FIRST? How would you code that patch?

It's so easy to trick people who EAGERLY WANT to be tricked. It's so fun to then hear them complain about they choice they FREELY MADE AFTER BEING GIVEN ALL RELEVANT DATA.

Caveat emptor, pal. If that's victim blaming, then it'll be the first time I've been guilty of that.

Edited by Fidelicatessen

Hardly.

There's victim blaming and then there's "victim blaming".

"oh, my friend ran naked through the jungle and got eaten by a tiger"

"well he shouldn't have done that then"

"THAT'S VICTIM BLAMING!"

Makes no sense.

A tiger needs food to survive, a tiger won't feel bad, a tiger is hungry and it needs food or it will die, it has no choice in eating a human if it is starving.

Sellers have a choice.

Now, kindly stop posting since your incessant ranting about this is interfering with my enjoyment of the game and that's against the ToS.

This is a petition post, yeah?

A petition for an answer?

Petition posts are frowned on. If you have an issue with the game, please discuss it in a civil and informed fashion.

LOL

What did he say ... 'checkmate?'

Again, not victim blaming.

That's like saying it's victim blaming for saying that someone shouldn't have jumped into a lake filled with alligators when there are tons of warning signs telling him there's alligators and he just wasn't paying attention.

Read my response on tigers. This tiger and alligator analogy is invalid.

Edited by EvenHardNiner

Makes no sense.

A tiger needs food to survive, a tiger won't feel bad, a tiger is hungry and it needs food or it will die, it has no choice in eating a human if it is starving.

Sellers have a choice.

Sellers have a choice to list any item at any price.

Buyers have a choice whether or not to buy that item.

No, I'm not petitioning him.

I'm warning him that he is breaking the ToS.

Sorry, I meant his OP. It is a petition. Of sorts. Arguably.

Though now it is about hungry tigers.

Petition posts are against the Rules. The rules that he wishes to be enforced against the tigers who are eating buyers that are naked in the jungle.

Sorry, I meant his OP. It is a petition. Of sorts. Arguably.

Though now it is about hungry tigers.

Petition posts are against the Rules. The rules that he wishes to be enforced against the tigers who are eating buyers that are naked in the jungle.

Let me guess

"You used "we" in your title, YOU DO NOT SPEAK ON BEHALF OF EVERYONE!"

This is the only time I used the word petition in this thread.#

Your move. :rolleyes: