Interesting patch notes regarding pvp

theskullwalker

We disagree on this. Rewarding wins is fine, but to simply halve the points for a WZ is just asking for players to quit them. We've been down this road too many times and we should all know what will happen.

A better solution would have been to have points tied to medals, since medals are the best indication of participation that we have. 50 points per medal+ 250 for a win, no cap on medals.

We don't want pvers looking to farm conquest points in our wzs anyway. A loss should reward some points, but they don't need to accomodate pvers staying in wzs to farm defender medals. Make it clear that you will not get many conquest points unless you are good enough to make your team win a lot of the time.

We don't want pvers looking to farm conquest points in our wzs anyway. A loss should reward some points, but they don't need to accomodate pvers staying in wzs to farm defender medals. Make it clear that you will not get many conquest points unless you are good enough to make your team win a lot of the time.

I couldn't care less if they farm...that impacts both factions equally and I've only encountered it once. I don't see that as a good enough reason to screw PvPers, who I feel have been shafted since this game launched. The Conquest system finally made it so that PvPers could contribute half as much as another type of player...now that's removed.

While your numbers are true, I find them somewhat misleading.

The absolute reward point totals are accurate, but the modifiers for being engaged in conquest make them much more attainable.

Invading any planet basically doubles all point values so the weeklies immediately become worth 4k. Having invested time/money in housing could make those two weeklies worth even more (I'm not entirely sure how the bonus is calculated, but it would net somewhere between 6500-8000 with full housing.

If you're trying to grind completely solo without working the bonus system to your advantage, it's going to be difficult to get to your personal goal. But it's laughably easy if you have all the bonuses working for you.

This is true. I don't get invasion bonuses because my guild is tiny and has no ship. The 57% I do get from strongholds will drop the matches I need by a significant margin. For someone like me, 1 character is quite doable. Alts, though, would require a lot of time on the computer this week.

What do you mean? You think all 4-8 players will just sit on a node for defensive medals? Rewarding only KB's only discourages healing...that's better to you? Medals are rewarded for all sorts of crap...I never even try for any of them and always end up with a plethora.

Well some people do that already because thats the only way they can get them. :D