Tomorrow's Conquest, according to Dulfy

waterboytkd

Great more morons in pvp. Hurrah.

Glad ive read this, now I definatly am sticking to my no more pvp for a while.

LOL at PvP regulars. I assume the irony can just be implied by now.

I am normally a PvEr and have never done ranked but I have my sage in full Oberon with brutalizer relics. I haven't bother to do full BiS since it is a giant cluster-f of a thread with old ratings systems, theorycrafting and lacks a good summary. I might do a 162/156/150 combo on most of my gear while maintaining setbonus but I am low on basics since I geared a few alts.

I will be PvPing quite a bit and contrary to the posted stereotype a serious PvEr will learn what to do in PvP. We are all competitive as hell, sure the not as serious PvErs who we guide through ops won't be great at PvP but hey a lot of dedicated PvPers are not that great anyway. I would say at least 1/3rd of my guild will be great though some are already very good at PvP. And all the others just provide more killing blows.

Really this event is the time to farm rank for ranked pvp and to farm wz comms as well. There is going to be a ton of players in PvP and a greater number than normal will be sub-par. All that does is change your objectives to gaining comms, conquest points and ranked rating. By group queuing for ranked you minimize the personal risk to your rating while maximizing the potential ratings gains from all the red meat.

I suspect just by taking the time to practice last week and gear up via bolster on my toons I will clean up. And as I said I am a PvE player.

This whole PVP v. PVE debate is disingenuous, particulary from the PVE side.

Despite Groupfinder, there is no easy (and timely) way to join a OP. And if you've you've ever pugged a SM or HM op, I bet you've heard your share of "know the fights" and been blamed (jusy or unjustly) for a wipe. Plenty of L33T attitudes and ego's on the PVE side.

But with no more than a few minutes wait, you can drag yourself into a warzone, witn every bit of your 1425 expertise. And then post here about how we are supposed to waste precious seconds typing tips and encouragement in chat.

Sure, we have to read Dulfy's and watch endless youtube vids to run in your op, but it's ok for some 55 to enter a warzone and fail to recognozine even the most fundamental objectives, tactics and strategies. Because we will spell them out in chat. While we are combating the other players who have pvp'd since level 10.

TL/DR. Hard for us to get invited to your raid, only to get reamed for every mistake. But come on in and **** up our warzones, repeatedly, all night and we will be grateful to you at Bioware for "reviving" PVP.

It does not bother me. IMO though, it would seem that the devs are pushing guild premades for both reg and ranked pvp. As we all know, there is no such thing as mega guilds any more. There are tons of fractured ones though.

Essentially, this push by the devs could end in a merge....strong pve guilds with strong pvp. Both aspects of game being played, seriously, to acquire huge amounts of conquest points. Also, allowing for a pvp'er, who might be interested, to learn about the top level pve content without getting flamed and vice versa for a pve'er interested in learning how to pvp.

When the game rolled out, I was in a guild, vengeful malice, which fostered this concept. Prime defense also continues to foster this. The guilds that excell at both aspects, in the end, are going to be the guilds that are strongest during the conquest events. This is the direction I see things developing in the future.

Edited by Nickodemous

Looks like tomorrow starts Death Mark. For details, click here.

Basically, conquest points for playing unranked, more for ranked. And winning gives double for unranked, and 166% for ranked. So not only will we have an influx of new players (those who focus on PvE), but they will have an incentive to try and win.

So I don't know about the community, but I'm excited for it! If you really want the PvP in this game to grow, this is how. Bioware is giving the PvE people the incentive to try it out. Now we have to make sure they enjoy it.

- Offer assistance and advice. If you see that guy with 40k hp, ask him if he's familiar with PvP, and if not, help him out.

- If you think they can't contribute because of bad gear, direct them to less-gear-dependent roles.

- When giving advice, be polite and use a light touch.

- Advise about calling incs early and often.

- Don't chew them out because they're unfamiliar with game types or lack the twitch skills needed for PvP.

If we leave a positive impression, they'll come back, play more, get better, get gear (though I wish Bioware would just do away with this aspect of PvP), and we'll have a better PvP environment overall!

If only the PVE conquest farmers would listen to our advice... So many don't care and are just rude

I think the idea in principle is good... I just think in practice it will just dumb down pvp for us pvp only players

With the influx of these players recently, I have had PVE stealths or even non stealth PVE players just stand in the corner all match... afk to get comms... Or death match... They say the matches are quicker this was because the other team wins quickly and they don't have to do anything for easy points

I had a match the other day when 6 PVE players on our team gave up in Alder's WZ when we lost a node and the score was only 530- 490... They said we can't win so don't give them kill medals and just defend the one node... When myself and the other pvper pointed out that was not the objective of pvp...they argued with us

Both myself and the other Shadow captured the other node, called incs and none of the 6 came to help... We recaptured those nodes about 6 times and and held consistently against 4, long enough for our support to arrive... Which it never did... We could have won the match, the other team wasn't that good... They told us recapturing the nodes wasn't the objective, it was killing the enemy... They are an example of the dumb, bad people we are putting up with

And even though they accused us of giving away medals with our deaths... Combined between us 2 we only died 3 times and topped our own medal board

I am happy to educate and offer advice... But it works both ways... The longer the PVE people behave like that, the more us pvpers get annoyed and will even quit a match before it starts if we see nearly a whole team of PVEers

Do you then think they will have a good time if they keep playing against good pvpers and getting smashed??

A msg to PVE players... If you want to pvp, listen to us... Most will help you if you help your selves... Be polite... Most of us know what we are doing... Don't argue... If you aren't willing to follow those simple requests, don't pvp... You get more conquest points doing your PVE content anyway

Plus you don't put up with that sort of behaviour in ops ... You just boot the person/s doing it

Despite Groupfinder, there is no easy (and timely) way to join a OP. And if you've you've ever pugged a SM or HM op, I bet you've heard your share of "know the fights" and been blamed (jusy or unjustly) for a wipe. Plenty of L33T attitudes and ego's on the PVE side.

But with no more than a few minutes wait, you can drag yourself into a warzone, witn every bit of your 1425 expertise. And then post here about how we are supposed to waste precious seconds typing tips and encouragement in chat.

Sure, we have to read Dulfy's and watch endless youtube vids to run in your op, but it's ok for some 55 to enter a warzone and fail to recognozine even the most fundamental objectives, tactics and strategies. Because we will spell them out in chat. While we are combating the other players who have pvp'd since level 10.

TL/DR. Hard for us to get invited to your raid, only to get reamed for every mistake. But come on in and **** up our warzones, repeatedly, all night and we will be grateful to you at Bioware for "reviving" PVP.

And that sums up what PVE players are like when we want to enter an op...

Sure there maybe a few PVEers willing to listen and learn pvp... Some are good once they know the basics... But from experience since SH's started... The majority are not willing to listen

For those who say they get 100% more points... That argument is null and void if they can do 2 or 3 WZs quickly by standing there and letting the other team win... They have said as much in pvp...

If Bio want to have conquest points in Ranked then the requirement to get them must be 55 Valor or you don't receive them... If Bio are really serious about building the pvp population... Encourage them to learn pvp in pugs before joining Ranked

Have you guys read the new patch notes though??

BW completely killed the point of next week's conquest by totally revamping the whole structure of the PvP conquest objectives.

General

Conquest Objectives can now be tracked by checking the “Track” option in the Conquest UI.

Warzone Conquest Objectives have been redesigned:

“Ranked Warzones: The Proving Grounds” now requires playing 10 matches. Its point value has increased to 3,000 and it is no longer repeatable.

“Unranked Warzones: The Killing Fields” now requires playing 10 matches. Its point value has increased to 3,000 and it is no longer repeatable.

“Unranked Warzones: The Front Lines” now awards 250 points for any single unranked warzone match and is repeatable.

“Warzones: Total Domination” now awards 500 points for any single warzone match victory and is repeatable.

“Warzones: Destroy the Enemy” now awards 2,000 points (up from 1,000).

Edited by WhistDarkblade

Have you guys read the new patch notes though??

BW completely killed the point of next week's conquest by totally revamping the whole structure of the PvP conquest objectives.

General

Conquest Objectives can now be tracked by checking the “Track” option in the Conquest UI.

Warzone Conquest Objectives have been redesigned:

“Ranked Warzones: The Proving Grounds” now requires playing 10 matches. Its point value has increased to 3,000 and it is no longer repeatable.

“Unranked Warzones: The Killing Fields” now requires playing 10 matches. Its point value has increased to 3,000 and it is no longer repeatable.

“Unranked Warzones: The Front Lines” now awards 250 points for any single unranked warzone match and is repeatable.

“Warzones: Total Domination” now awards 500 points for any single warzone match victory and is repeatable.

“Warzones: Destroy the Enemy” now awards 2,000 points (up from 1,000).

I am definitely disappointed that those first 2 objs are now non-repeatable, but I wouldn't say that kills the point.

Also, do we now get 4k points per killing blow with bonus?

True there are leet attitudes on the PvE side but it is easy to get into an op (SM/HM). You need a thick skin and need to ask for help. I only started playing this game in April, it is easy to get an op. It takes less time than it did for me to get a group in EQ back in the day.

But

with no more than a few minutes wait, you can drag yourself into a warzone, witn every bit of your 1425 expertise. And then post here about how we are supposed to waste precious seconds typing tips and encouragement in chat.

8v8 WZs are in no way equal to an op. The other parties bear zero risk or punishment for my presence. In an op a few wipes will cost me a lot of credits and time. You risk almost nothing in unranked. In ranked yes there is risk especially in the solo queue which is also the only active queue for most of the season. So I see your pain. But you are generalizing to an extreme amount about PvE players painting us all with the same stick of the worst players. And that is a load of horse poo. And with the larger number of participants you will get a more volatile season but the good players will still end up on top. Yes there will be more play time. But I see that as a good thing not a bad thing. With the right encouragement it will help PvP on the big servers. And there will be a time where life is harder to be a pvper. But think of it like this. Your team just got a new member. You have to train him and it will drag at your productivity for the next 6 months. But in the end your team gets a new capable member or you lay him off. It is a crap shoot but the only way to grow is to take the risk on offering opportunities to new members.

I am sorry your productivity will go down, but you will recover and in the end be stronger for it.

8v8 WZs are in no way equal to an op. The other parties bear zero risk or punishment for my presence. In an op a few wipes will cost me a lot of credits and time. You risk almost nothing in unranked. In ranked yes there is risk especially in the solo queue which is also the only active queue for most of the season. So I see your pain. But you are generalizing to an extreme amount about PvE players painting us all with the same stick of the worst players. And that is a load of horse poo. And with the larger number of participants you will get a more volatile season but the good players will still end up on top. Yes there will be more play time. But I see that as a good thing not a bad thing. With the right encouragement it will help PvP on the big servers. And there will be a time where life is harder to be a pvper. But think of it like this. Your team just got a new member. You have to train him and it will drag at your productivity for the next 6 months. But in the end your team gets a new capable member or you lay him off. It is a crap shoot but the only way to grow is to take the risk on offering opportunities to new members.

I am sorry your productivity will go down, but you will recover and in the end be stronger for it.

If a player does not know what they are doing and are not geared for 55s then others do bear a risk and a punishment for your presence. It's the punishment of losing. Now, you can say that's not a big deal but the difference is, for those with limited playing time, spending 30-45 minutes to knock out your dailies on wins or twice that amount of time on losses. Not to mention the sheer amount of aggravation from trying to get people to play the objectives, call incs, and realize that it's not supposed to be eight 1 vs 1s going on.

Also, volatile WZs are not necessarily a good thing. Having half your team running around like muppets and not listening is never good.

Finally, as to your last comment about a player being a new member to a team and training them up. That only really works if they decide to join a guild that PvPs. If that player is only joining for the conquest point then they, more than likely, are not going to take direction. If they are just joining for the conquest then "laying him off" is not going to happen and they are just going to drag the rest of the team down.

If a player does not know what they are doing and are not geared for 55s then others do bear a risk and a punishment for your presence. It's the punishment of losing. Now, you can say that's not a big deal but the difference is, for those with limited playing time, spending 30-45 minutes to knock out your dailies on wins or twice that amount of time on losses. Not to mention the sheer amount of aggravation from trying to get people to play the objectives, call incs, and realize that it's not supposed to be eight 1 vs 1s going on.

Also, volatile WZs are not necessarily a good thing. Having half your team running around like muppets and not listening is never good.

Finally, as to your last comment about a player being a new member to a team and training them up. That only really works if they decide to join a guild that PvPs. If that player is only joining for the conquest point then they, more than likely, are not going to take direction. If they are just joining for the conquest then "laying him off" is not going to happen and they are just going to drag the rest of the team down.

I dunno, regs are pretty casual. If a pve geared player joins a warzone and refuses to help their team, and there are too many to carry there is always the option of just leaving the warzone. Some of these people may make threads trying to force people to stay with penalties etc but at the end of the day if they are not going to put the effort in they should not expect people to carry them. Not just being geared but actually communicating with your team and listening, and paying attention to whats happening.

Players should strive to improve if they want to get better at pvp, there are many that do. The ones who expect to be carried or just want to piss about should not really expect others to stick around if this is what they do.

More players is a good thing, but most of the players who want to improve will try and and improve by any means necessary. Not all pve heros are bad players, some will get better. But when people saying being poorly geared or not knowing what to do is not detrimental to their team they are naive because of course it is. However, I don't mind people like this if they try and they put the effort in to win, and learn through communication etc. People have to start somewhere, remember that. Some people are just late to the party.

Edited by PloGreen

Console Games are a total waste of money. **** Bungie.

Ya I may have been slightly more interested if it was a PC game, but even still I felt the beta to be kind of lame. I really wish they would release halo on the PC though (not bungie since they dont own it anymore obviously, but just....you know what I mean lol) Seriously I can't stand shooters on a controller. Must have mouse and keyboard lol.