Best Ranked Team Composition as the Game is Currently

DiscipleXIII

If they did indeed mean 0/30/16 I agree that it is very good in 4s as well. Anytime anyone says hybrid sorc i just think some lame heals hybrid. I always just call that spec 30-16 lol

Oh and about controlling carnage: It gets pushed around in regs because there are so many players and cc/knockback gets thrown around like crazy. But in 4s, its burst is protected by well time/aimed CC and it is on demand meaning there is no tell (thermal det) to allow the tank to swap guard before being controlled.

Edited by PhatMcMuffins

Oh and about controlling carnage: It gets pushed around in regs because there are so many players and cc/knockback gets thrown around like crazy. But in 4s, its burst is protected by well time/aimed CC and it is on demand meaning there is no tell (thermal det) to allow the tank to swap guard before being controlled.

I don't agree with you, but thank you for making an actual argument filled with real points. Have a nice yellow smiley! :)

I disagree with you because you're basically arguing that carnage is great when all of the stars align. It's great when everything procs when it's supposed to and it's great when your CC doesn't send members of the enemy team to full resolve, temping them to break your stun and bully you into impotence during your burst. Well, the stars aren't likely to align. The enemies might be placed in such a way that you can't get them all with a single mez, and on top of that, there's no guarantee that some members of your team aren't going to be stunned right before you throw off that mez. An enemy juggernaut might break his CC without full resolve and CC your team too, leaving you all with the choice to wait for all of the other enemies to come out of CC or for all of you to waste your stun breaks. There's too many things that can go wrong for me to consider carnage better than vengeance.

Edited by HaoZhao

I don't agree with you, but thank you for making an actual argument filled with real points. Have a nice yellow smiley! :)

I disagree with you because you're basically arguing that carnage is great when all of the stars align. It's great when everything procs when it's supposed to and it's great when your CC doesn't send members of the enemy team to full resolve, temping them to break your stun and bully you into impotence during your burst. Well, the stars aren't likely to align. The enemies might be placed in such a way that you can't get them all with a single mez, and on top of that, there's no guarantee that some members of your team aren't going to be stunned right before you throw off that mez. An enemy juggernaut might break his CC without full resolve and CC your team too, leaving you all with the choice to wait for all of the other enemies to come out of CC or for all of you to waste your stun breaks. There's too many things that can go wrong for me to consider carnage better than vengeance.

Th whole point of a hardswitch comp is to force the stars to align. That's how they work. You put a dps in a perfect situation and tell it to kill. The on that can do that the fasted is carnage mara, making it the best choice in a hardswitch comp that doesn't mind running a melee dps (which really isn't a disadvantage)

Vengeance does not hit hard enough and it's strongest tick of ravage is equally as stoppable as carnage. Not to mention that it will not always have unstoppable. You won't agree but that's okay. Just putting the facts out there :)

that's a video i made a while back highlighting hard switching with double combat/carnage

admittedly, it was a lot easier back then before teams caught on and started timing their defensive cds/kbs/ccs better but it's still viable to do now even with <2.10's crappy rng; with the buffs, it should make aligning the stars even easier.

still not easy to cc a team/tank perfectly but you will have more windows available more consistently, no more waiting on that blade storm proc.

vig isn't a bad spec to bring to in when you have a very high burst supporting it... ie a combat sent ;p double ms from vig/combat and one being (mostly) unstoppable is pretty dirty

edit: more on topic, double madness 2strong.

Edited by colmiak

Carnage sure does well against ship dummies. Look at those parses! Against enemies that fight back? Stun, push, vanish, CC, etc. Better luck next Gore, I guess. :o

Vengeance is so much more useful to the team that I don't understand why anyone would waste a slot on carnage. The burst on carnage relies on the enemy team suffering from terminal tunnel vision to the point that they just let you do what you like during gore windows, unopposed. Against any serious team, that's just not going to happen. Unlike vengeance, you have little ability to support other members of the team. You have no physics, no taunts, no ability to save yourself outside of a silly, 4 second stealth, meaning you need twice as much babysitting as vengeance does.

Vengeance is a really good production sports car (pick any good porsche, ferrari, etc that has more than 1000 made a year). The same car can be a daily drivers and with changes it can run as a formidable street to production class racer. It is well designed with a strong set of features that have a proven themselves in many areas.

Carnage is a formula race car made to be driven on the specialized course and event that is team ranked. Every weakness that it has compared to vengeance is not a factor because of team composition and TEAMWORK. You know that your pit crew (healer), real time support staff (tank other DPS) and set race course allows you to shed any and all weight to do one job well. Your job is to execute the fastest burst in the shortest period of time.

In this race all of the extras a jug that provide good protection and comfort bumpers, airbags and air conditioning are not only going to slow you down a little, they are a 10-20% world of .25%-1% difference between World champion and don't show up again.

Please note this only applies to comps based on switch/burst and replacing Carnage mara with Veng Jug. Meta does change and some body could design a comp that specifically uses the jugs strengths. That would be like going from Formula one to Enduro.