The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Planetary Conquest is Dominated by LARGE Allied guilds

PatT

I will have to disagree with you. Let’s really think about this, shall we?

If you make things beyond 70% of your players who, one do not have the credits others have, and make it next to imposable to join in new content. Plus the old content is boring and respective. Why would you stay? Why would I pay for something, let’s say not fun anymore?

Well, if we are speaking of those that desire to participate in conquest content, I would say that it is not unrealistic to say that leaving is certainly a possibility based on your contention IMO. However, I was speaking to what I assume is the majority of players that do not care to participate...and therefore would not be affected either way.

I think you’re missing the point.

No, actually I think I understand the point completely. My statement lays that out in clear terms IMO.

It is to make it, not easy but balanced for all to be able to have a fair shot. Is this asking too much?

I don't think that it is asking too much, and I am not sure why you would make this point to me since this particular point is not in contention based on my statement. My statement clearly supports changes, and also clearly points out that the design is flawed in my opinion.

I hope your understanding what I am trying to say.

I believe I do...I think you assumed my statement is a stand against changes based on your talking points....but my statement is simply a counter against those that claim that the current state of the system in place would effect a drastic change in subscriptions or number of players....I contend that is not likely the case, if I am correct in assuming that the majority of players have little to no interest in the conquest system.

That is by no means a warrant to ignore any changes needed. I do not stand against any proposed changes...only the contention of large losses if those changes are not effected.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Shadowlands

The leaderboard no. 1 spot on each planet always goes to one of those 'allied' multi-game guilds which averages 7 million while the smaller guilds fight over positions 2-10 averaging only 3 mil. :eek: Two have an even more sustained negative impact these 'allied' guilds don't compete against each other for a planet and never defend a past planet they've taken.

On Shadowlands

The leaderboard no. 1 spot on each planet always goes to one of those 'allied' multi-game guilds which averages 7 million while the smaller guilds fight over positions 2-10 averaging only 3 mil. :eek: Two have an even more sustained negative impact these 'allied' guilds don't compete against each other for a planet and never defend a past planet they've taken.

Yeah, but on Shadowlands, groups of 12-15 are able to place top 10... so, yeah, the #1 spot seems to be dominated, but anyone can contest a leaderboard spot.

There's three aspects to the conquest system.

First, really hate the conquer achievements. Apparently it's only granted to members of the guild that got the #1 spot for that. Achievements should be things that anyone has a realistic chance of getting - may take a long time, may have to join teams for it, but if you work at it long enough you can do it. They're in the game now and probably not going away, but as they plan for new achievements - don't do something like that again.

Second is the leaderboard. My imp characters are in the Wolf Pack and they usually get listed for a planet, my republic characters are in guilds that don't have flagships so aren't in the running. Imp guild has been in the top 5 each week, but never #1. I'm not terribly fussed by it, would like to know more about how they're beating us, but the margins are big enough that we probably can't close the gap but our rep is good by going on the leaderboard. yay us! But it's just a static entry. Where's the history? Where's the graph showing how we've moved up and down. And why only 5 spots? Why not scrolling/paging to see the next group, so that even the smaller guilds can see how they compete with similar sized guilds? The leaderboard is so small, that if you lucked into being a guild that can rank it's great if not it's useless. Add stuff to make it useful.

Last is the bit that impacts real gameplay - the guild rewards. Members of the top 5 get rewards, below that nothing. If you're in a guild that can pull the numbers to make the top 5, you've got a real incentive to get as many of your alts over the 35K line, if you aren't, not so much. Not right, and not smart on Bioware's part. Even if they want to tie it to only guilds with a flagship doing an invasion, the reward has to be tied to something that any guild can accomplish even if they aren't the biggest.

Edited by GadgetDon

There's three aspects to the conquest system.

First, really hate the conquer achievements. Apparently it's only granted to members of the guild that got the #1 spot for that. Achievements should be things that anyone has a realistic chance of getting - may take a long time, may have to join teams for it, but if you work at it long enough you can do it. They're in the game now and probably not going away, but as they plan for new achievements - don't do something like that again.

Second is the leaderboard. My imp characters are in the Wolf Pack and they usually get listed for a planet, my republic characters are in guilds that don't have flagships so aren't in the running. Imp guild has been in the top 5 each week, but never #1. I'm not terribly fussed by it, would like to know more about how they're beating us, but the margins are big enough that we probably can't close the gap but our rep is good by going on the leaderboard. yay us! But it's just a static entry. Where's the history? Where's the graph showing how we've moved up and down. And why only 5 spots? Why not scrolling/paging to see the next group, so that even the smaller guilds can see how they compete with similar sized guilds? The leaderboard is so small, that if you lucked into being a guild that can rank it's great if not it's useless. Add stuff to make it useful.

Last is the bit that impacts real gameplay - the guild rewards. Members of the top 5 get rewards, below that nothing. If you're in a guild that can pull the numbers to make the top 5, you've got a real incentive to get as many of your alts over the 35K line, if you aren't, not so much. Not right, and not smart on Bioware's part. Even if they want to tie it to only guilds with a flagship doing an invasion, the reward has to be tied to something that any guild can accomplish even if they aren't the biggest.

Actually, any guild that places on the leaderboards gets the guild rewards... so, 10 per planet.

On Shadowlands

Shadowland player here as well. Our guild places in the top 10 every week, this week, number two cause we worked really damn hard.

Number 1? WOOK, double the points we have. It isn't so much a competition but a slaughter. The only competition is between ranks 1-9 on the board, number 1 is always a lock for one of the top 5, Covenant of the Phoenix, Triumph, Old Republic Dads, Wook or Pandemonium.

They have a right to win every week if they have the numbers, I won't argue that. The only time anyone else gets a chance is when there are more than 5 planets available. That's the solution. They need to open up the amount of planets available for conquest every week, maybe all of them every week.

Rather than punish the winners by locking them out for a week which was my old idea and flawed, simply add more possible wins per week.

I am a one man guild. This does not bother me because while the large guilds are focused on conquesting and owning planets, raiding, etc and have too many members to do too much except that stuff. I am focused on world healing and helping while in roleplay form. I go around to planets, mainly the starter ones, roleplay give out buffs, heal people give out "Adventure Packs" I have made that contain credits, stimpacs, medpacs, enhancements, mods, crystals etc and I give it away in a bundle for all the needs of the newcomers so they have more fun and to help people out in any way I can.

It does not bother me seeing people showing off how many points they can earn. I understand some people need that competitive edge and it is also something to do to form a guild together and make ONE focus. Brings out determination.

Personally, I don't scoff at this happening. Remember, it can be some of the smallest guilds and only one man that can be making a big difference. :)

I don't need to read The Art of War (Summary) becasue I've read the real thing.Anyway, I wasn't crying.

1) I feel bad for all guilds who don't have enough members or money to afford a 50Mil credit ship. They are left out nearly ccompletely.

2) I was upset about the Imp side Guild getting called in. Funny everyone keeps saying it's "Working As Intended". Those words sound familiar. Very familiar. though Not guilty of this one.

The highest score goesto a guild with 8 Mil points, thenext to a guild with 2, and then down... and yes they have active guilds on both servers (or they have alliances.)

The alliance idea (forming one or two) is a good one. A very good one. I like it. Sort of "if you can't beat 'em and it ain't illegal, join em.) Nuff said.

I'm happy my original thoughts provoked so much discussion. I hope the discussion provokes good ideas and further insights.

I definitely wasn't crying, and I don't expect a medal for participation. I have 4 55's and a host of lowbies who generate mats fo rthem for the crafting items, I do gsf, ops, fps' and whatnot. I enjoy a lot of the content, I just don't like it when the guild I'm contending with gets on (whatever comms they use) and suddenly an imp side guild shows up to join the fray. And yes, they can get there pronto. They have a ship too you know. So, maybe a little alliance maiking/braking and deal making should go on. All's fair in love and war. Or nothing is. Your choice. It's the same outcome either way.

Enjoyed all rational inputs based on what was actually written. Refreshing.

How about that:

The top 3 guilds (or just the winner) gets a 7 days Lockout from conquest.

Add a Debuff for all guildmember so they cant switch guilds and do it anyways.

Why? 1 week to fight for stuff or regain ressources spend for this Victory.

Simply NO, for the main reason...

EACH WEEK IS UNIQUE !!!

Also the devs said that it will be problem via smaller guilds since the largest and most dedicated guilds will rule from day 1 of each conquest. Did you noticed?? A guild need 2 things to conquest a planet. LOT of players AND all dedicated to conquest !!!

ALSO considere that its a start. All specific different conquests arent done even a whole circle.

Give it time, the larger guilds when they got all achievements and stuff, they stop to run conquest so passionet

I guess that is true, because yesterday I had the opportunity to repel a base raid with the AI and some 7 players against a group of maybe a dozen. Considering that I couldn't do much against lvl 55 it was still fun.

I witnessed another raid where some 30 ppl wrecked a base in minutes. Yesterday it was a game of lure and pull guys into range and finish them one by one. The enemy guys complained that we ruined it for them and broke off the attack. :)

Simply NO, for the main reason...

EACH WEEK IS UNIQUE !!!

Also the devs said that it will be problem via smaller guilds since the largest and most dedicated guilds will rule from day 1 of each conquest. Did you noticed?? A guild need 2 things to conquest a planet. LOT of players AND all dedicated to conquest !!!

ALSO considere that its a start. All specific different conquests arent done even a whole circle.

Give it time, the larger guilds when they got all achievements and stuff, they stop to run conquest so passionet

yup, wait for the important customers to get tired of it, maybe your guild members wont have left you by the time bw decides to give us the content for the rest of us.

Edited by ivanhedgehog

They will not stop occupying Top 10s. They get points from no work simply with sheer number of players doing standard stuff they will be doing regardless of the conquests. The fluff points with so many players, especially in no-alt guils will guarantee them Top 10 every single week

It is absolutely dominated by larger guilds you are right. I also believe something must be done. 2,524,000 points? cmon... I'm all for competition but if there is something that is exploitable in there get rid of it

A well known pvp guild on my server was almost 7 mil points last week and a couple of others 3-4 mil..talk about exploits?? Nothing will be done, trust me.

They will not stop occupying Top 10s. They get points from no work simply with sheer number of players doing standard stuff they will be doing regardless of the conquests. The fluff points with so many players, especially in no-alt guils will guarantee them Top 10 every single week

So you're saying that the guilds with the most people actually playing the game the most consistently get rewarded via guild content?

Oh, the tragedy! /faints

Edited by DarthTHC

personally I am tired of CP. It has turned into a second job,some guild really push doing the CP stuff of the week, if you don't they will kick you out.This is a grind of the boring type. even after you get your 35k points .

Agreed. Looked on teh list and this is day three and the top guild on Taris has 9 MILLION POINTS! Bleh...