TOR players

Atrositos

I'm fresh off of World of Warcraft and I am new to the game, been playing for a little bit over a month now and I love it here! People are way more mature and helpful with the exception of a handful of players here and there but compared to Warcraft it's nothing. Last night I was doing a Flashpoint and I had one of the group members throw an insulting remark, I brushed it off and we continued our flashpoint. After the group disbanded the player that threw the insult whispered me and apologized and even offered their help if I needed anything. I was shocked, never experienced a situation like that in an MMO.

So I just want to say thank you to the SWTOR community for being so welcoming to new players! :D

oh for sure, I have yet to see elitism at Warcrafts level.

That's because we tell those people to go back to WoW.

In all seriousness, Star Wars is a huge thing with the movies, EU, and of course us the fan base. And SWTOR has to live up to so much, even as the EU contradicts itself over the years, we have to spread the word. And being elitist snobs isn't a working system for that spread of information.

That's because we tell those people to go back to WoW.

In all seriousness, Star Wars is a huge thing with the movies, EU, and of course us the fan base. And SWTOR has to live up to so much, even as the EU contradicts itself over the years, we have to spread the word. And being elitist snobs isn't a working system for that spread of information.

Amen!

I've noticed this as well. I used to play WoW back in the day--about eight years ago now. I grew tired of it mainly because of its horrible community. I ask for help in the general chat to do a quest and get nothing but insults thrown at me. I ask for help for a quest in TOR and people give me advice to get through it. Some even offer to show up and help me get through it. You just never get that kind of help in WoW.

I'm fresh off of World of Warcraft and I am new to the game, been playing for a little bit over a month now and I love it here! People are way more mature and helpful with the exception of a handful of players here and there but compared to Warcraft it's nothing. Last night I was doing a Flashpoint and I had one of the group members throw an insulting remark, I brushed it off and we continued our flashpoint. After the group disbanded the player that threw the insult whispered me and apologized and even offered their help if I needed anything. I was shocked, never experienced a situation like that in an MMO.

So I just want to say thank you to the SWTOR community for being so welcoming to new players! :D

Welcome to space, yo!

May your Lightsaber not suck and your blaster always have a good scope.

Edited by Uruare

Yay! Welcome fellow WoW veteran, and glad you're enjoying the game and community. We can be grizzled and vexatious sometimes, but it's a front. We're all cuddly and helpful underneath, and we do like seeing our ranks grow. Don't be too intimidated by some of the chat; where WoW had Thunderfury, we have Jawas. Jawas are much better. :jawa_wink:

Welcome to SWTOR! A lot of us are ex-WoW players. I have to agree that people seem to be friendlier, chattier, and happier in this game than in World of Warcraft. We have our own problems but we're here because we prefer them over the problems of other games. Hope you enjoy your stay!

Oh trust me OP. The short period after f2p hit, this game was filled with a lot of badmouthed and elitist people. Before f2p you had the occasional idiot in you PUG FP, but this became so much worse afterwards. Maybe not so much on the WoW level but it was pretty bad on a regular basis. Idiots that pull additional add packs and get themself killed, then yell: "Loltank wheres u taunt nub?" Was very very common. Luckily things seem to have calmed down atm :)