Looking for a really high quality republic pvp guild

Blackiesmith

I am a swtor player since launch. I took a 9 month break to play dota 2 for a while. I have been back for about 2-3 months on my scoundrel and I have not seen any pvp guilds on the republic side that really fit the bill talent wise. It seems they are on the imperial side. For a player that does not want to go to the imperial side do you guys recommend I transfer to a server with a better republic pvp base? Kinda stuck here maybe there is a guild out there I have not seen yet. I have not done any group ranked on the server yet so there definitely could be a guild I have not heard of yet. I look forward to any responses and hope for some helpful insight- Republic player Primos

Pvp guilds are irrelevant and have been since they got rid of 8v8 ranked. Ignore the guild tags and search for a few players that fit your bill talent wise. There are plenty of good pvpers in not so great guilds and vice versa.

Season 1 pubs seemed dominant and in season 2 its crystal clear the imps are. Maybe season 3 turns out to be return of the pubs?:rak_02:

Edited by Iolus

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fear not, my son.

wb dargos.. smash was nerfed.. thoughts

Ksenia.. All I have seen you do recently in PvP is heal. I guess you could call it getting tunneled, but when you make people's hp go up you generally get attacked. Kinda PvP 101

Edited by mmerry

No Oprah Combat Medic says we're "shi tters" ( where did the use of that term come from its so *********** annoying to me) so take Res Nova off that list. Whatever Combat Medic says is 10000% true because he's GOD of Swtor. I mean he one hit KOs you with every annihilate. When hes healing, he keeps everyone on the map at 100% health at all times. When anyone tries to get near combat medic, they are hit with 95% slow cause of his Amazingness Aura. Ladies and Gentlemen, The man, the myth, the legend Combat Medic. Revered by many, feared by most.

I lul'd. ty. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
Republic Gentlemen is back and at it in the PvP scene. We are primarily a PvE guild, but when we get in PvP matches we usually carry teams to victory. There are plenty of awesome guilds out there for pvping, but if you are looking for a mature guild filled with players who are willing to mentor/support you through the new meta then please message me for details in-game or visit our website at republicgentlemen.guildportal.com

Cool people and they have a handful of good players... But way more bad ones than a serious pvp guild should tolerate

Who said we are "serious"?

That in mind we have pretty much recruited anyone who asked to join that has an interest in PvP as sole endgame content. Frankly we don't have much to offer PvE-wise aside from the occasional ops run to break from the high randomity and stress of PvP. But its false to say we are serious. We're here to have fun and if someone wants to PvP for endgame and is bad... Well, that's good enough for me.

'Cause there is another word for "bad": That's "unlearned" and "unpracticed". And those two things can be changed.

It's slightly annoying that you doubled down on your assessment that <stim Addicts> doesn't belong on this "list" even after others here pointed out that not only does WAI have it's own share of unlearned/unpracticed players, but that there is relief when stims appear in the ops frame before a match.

With the state of faction balance on this server, and the chill nature of stims, we will continue to accept pubs with strong interest in PvP for endgame, regardless of skill level, so long as they hunger to improve their skills and have fun.

Edited by Lanzend

Lol... why you bringing up old ****?

1. I did say you had good players. I have played with and would still play with you and people from your guild like Lexhue, Akiva, Lavianthonsis, and a few others.

2. At the time I wrote that I had been in a few matches grouped with a premade from your guild (newer players, I'm guessing? I won't nombre nombres...), and it was a horrible experience to say the least. Granted, the worst one in that group has improved significantly, since then. So kudos to your guild's player development.

3. Pay no mind to anything I say on forums. I just like to kick up a bit of dust and rile up these overly sensitive, fragile egos when I have downtime at work (lots of 'hurry up and wait' when you are in the military). And I'm *********** terrible at this apparently easy *** game, so...

Lol... why you bringing up old ****?

1. I did say you had good players. I have played with and would still play with you and people from your guild like Lexhue, Akiva, Lavianthonsis, and a few others.

2. At the time I wrote that I had been in a few matches grouped with a premade from your guild (newer players, I'm guessing? I won't nombre nombres...), and it was a horrible experience to say the least. Granted, the worst one in that group has improved significantly, since then. So kudos to your guild's player development.

3. Pay no mind to anything I say on forums. I just like to kick up a bit of dust and rile up these overly sensitive, fragile egos when I have downtime at work (lots of 'hurry up and wait' when you are in the military). And I'm *********** terrible at this apparently easy *** game, so...

L2holohoop

Republic Gentlemen is back and at it in the PvP scene. We are primarily a PvE guild, but when we get in PvP matches we usually carry teams to victory. There are plenty of awesome guilds out there for pvping, but if you are looking for a mature guild filled with players who are willing to mentor/support you through the new meta then please message me for details in-game or visit our website at republicgentlemen.guildportal.com

just saw this. wb.

Hey, being that #holostronk was the top team last season, and so far my team has only been fielding matches against the sub-par guilds LD50 and PM, I wonder if #holostronk will rest on their laurels, or let us little guys have a shot at the top?

Wishful thinking?

#morethan3guildsqueueingthisseasonkaythxbai

:rak_03:

• 5 weeks later...
Cool people and they have a handful of good players... But way more bad ones than a serious pvp guild should tolerate

It's hard to keep a straight face when watching WoI talk down to stim addicts.

do you guys honestly think either of you fit into the qualifier "really high quality"

or even "high quality"

or hell "quality" for that matter?

I'd say "bulk rate generic" PVP guilds would be the right category

like if I was making a PVP movie and I wanted faceless extras, I"d know where to find you guys for cheap and by the dozen

Yes, indeed. You guys would be well found in a thread entitled "Looking for a bulk rate generic republic pvp guild"

That said I'd recommend either of you guys to anybody looking for pub side pvp. I imagine you all have a lot of fun crushing pugs

Edited by Hatstandard

This thread again?

Please note the first comment she made:

Knights of Havoc, Working as Intended, or Res Nova. WAI being by far the largest but that comes with a pretty wide talent range.

Otherwise transfer to the Harbinger.

Well aligned with the fact that we know we have a pretty wide range of talent - no one in our guild thinks we are an "elite" group of PvPers.

In the mean time (on a semi-related note), feel free to field a ranked team tonight. It sounds like a bunch of teams are going to try and queue up tonight. Including a WAI team of "faceless extras". :rak_03:

do you guys honestly think either of you fit into the qualifier "really high quality"

or even "high quality"

like if I was making a PVP movie and I wanted faceless extras, I"d know where to find you guys for cheap and by the dozen

Yes, indeed. You guys would be well found in a thread entitled "Looking for a bulk rate generic republic pvp guild"

That said I'd recommend either of you guys to anybody looking for pub side pvp. I imagine you all have a lot of fun crushing pugs

seriously who cares? Just play with folks you like hanging with, been doing this thing for 16 years none of it matters

and when did pug smashing stop being fun?

#videogamesareseriousbusiness

#mediocreandproud

Edited by dego-harmonium

or even "high quality"

You sound like a nice guy.

or even "high quality"

and you are