The Harbinger, Begeren Colony, and The Bastion currently unavailable

TaitWatson

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a planned shutdown, but they cancelled it.

Then they had an unscheduled shutdown, gave people in the Forums about 5 minutes of warning, but gave no warning to the people in-game. The excuse they offered for not warning people in-game was pretty thin, frankly. You can always post "3 minutes to shutdown" if you know 5 minutes in advance that you are going to shut down. That they did not post such a warning is a sign of incompetence.

Thoughtlessness, maybe, but hardly incompetence.

LOL, thanks for the attack. It appears that growing up is what you need to do. I have an opinion. You don't like it, fine. Deal with it.

To be fair your own post was an attack on the authors that many people here are fans of. You don't appreciate/like the books, that's fine. However i find your opinion of writers for established IP's as unfounded and unwarranted, there are many, many talented writers who have written excellent pieces of work for pre-established IP's, including those listed by the person you quoted.

You may not like much of the Star Wars EU, there are parts i don't like (NJO series i'm not the biggest fan of, and Karen Travis' work), but that doesn't mean the writers are uncreative hacks. There's plenty of very creative talent and excellent, popular works in the EU.

Edited by Zyrious

You wanna know what's REALLY frustrating me? What's REALLY frustrating me is that it's slow enough at work today that I can actually play! And can't! LMAO!!

That means I'm actually having to... you know... find stuff to do. Like... paperwork and stuff. BLEAH!!!

I don't suffer, I don't have to listen to them complain anymore.

Less customers -> less money for Bioware -> less resources to maintain and develop new content -> worse game experience for everyone. This is high school level business stuff.

I heard that hey did have a major earthquake early this morning but I have not confirmed that anywhere.

"An earthquake hit today in Southern California, jolting residents in San Jacinto and Hemet in particular.

The 3.7 magnitude quake hit at about 7:39 p.m. PDT, followed by a 2.9 magnitude aftershock, reported the U.S. Geological Survey." - 9/2/14 - so it was yesterday

AKA - just a slight rumble... and as far as I know i'm not swimming yet, so Cali is all good

Edited by Exdarthstorm

LOL, thanks for the attack. It appears that growing up is what you need to do. I have an opinion. You don't like it, fine. Deal with it.

Lmao, Attack?

Wow you are pretty defensive and self centered. I was making the point about why authors choose to write under existing IP's and why it is not the same as half-assed fan fictions that exist just because someone has a fetish yet somehow you garnered an attack from that?

I think we can see who really needs to grow up in this endeavor lol.

To be fair your own post was an attack on the authors that many people here are fans of. You don't appreciate/like the books, that's fine. However i find your opinion of writers for established IP's as unfounded and unwarranted, there are many, many talented writers who have written excellent pieces of work for pre-established IP's, including those listed by the person you quoted.

You may not like much of the Star Wars EU, there are parts i don't like (NJO series i'm not the biggest fan of, and Karen Travis' work), but that doesn't mean the writers are uncreative hacks. There's plenty of very creative talent and excellent, popular works in the EU.

yes indeed sir some very fine work on those stories mixed with some very poor work but all in all very enjoyable

No, it wasn't an attack, it was an opinion. Just like, in my opinion, Damien Hirst is a hack as an artist.

Lmao, Attack?

Wow you are pretty defensive and self centered. I was making the point about why authors choose to write under existing IP's and why it is not the same as half-assed fan fictions that exist just because someone has a fetish yet somehow you garnered an attack from that?

I think we can see who really needs to grow up in this endeavor lol.

Thanks for the troll. Carry on.

"An earthquake hit today in Southern California, jolting residents in San Jacinto and Hemet in particular.

The 3.7 magnitude quake hit at about 7:39 p.m. PDT, followed by a 2.9 magnitude aftershock, reported the U.S. Geological Survey." - 9/2/14 - so it was yesterday

AKA - just a slight rumble... and as far as I know i'm not swimming yet, so Cali is all good

May have affected something with physical server locations? Spitballing here I'm no expert on any of this.

Less customers -> less money for Bioware -> less resources to maintain and develop new content -> worse game experience for everyone. This is high school level business stuff.

Pretty sure (although not certain) that the majority of the expense isn't in the development, but the costs associated with running a data center.

If I am correct, then fewer subscribers would mean fewer servers needed, less power consumption, less bandwidth utilized, lower expenses overall, meaning more money that could be put in development (at least down to a certain point)

Shouldn't most of you people still be in school? Get real guys... **** happens. Go watch a movie or spank your monkey. OMG! I pay for a game and now I can't play it for at max a couple days. You want compensation? Go mow the *********** lawn for your mommy so she can pay next months subscription payment,. BLAH BLAH BLAH!

I wonder if this is gonna be like having a ridiculous wait time at Taco Bell and then when you get your bag to leave they say "We apologize for the wait, so we added free cinnamon twists". Not that we need more free stuff, but there's no way they are going to have us wait three plus hours and only get a "sorry guys" in response... right???