The Harbinger, Begeren Colony, and The Bastion currently unavailable

TaitWatson

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm pick up chicks.......usually not many i see dont hang out at the mall after high school. means your picking up 16 year old's....hope your 18 at least

I'm talking about the 20 year old that works at the cell phone accessory stand lol... It's kind of creepy that you know where highschoolers hang out though..

OH because it's just 50 cents who cares right? Oh gee I am a billionaire, you just lost your house..what's that 300k? Psh pocket change, I make that in a day...what's your argument. Money is money, and it will always have value. So why are you saying that it's worthless. Just because they can get away with taking our time away without compensating, we should what? Sit down and shut up because everything else in life does it to you to? I am not trying to make a big deal about it, it's just common courtesy that a company does compensate. I don't like wasting money, 50 cents for 50 dollars.

So when your car breaks and your leasing it, what happens to the time you loose?

When your house floods and the plumber needs you to stay at a hotel, who pays for the hours lost while you get your insurance together?

Look, I did not say 50 cents doesn't have value, my post was to tell nit pickers like you to mellow out and have a more Realistic view of a video game being off line for a dam day. Do you really read what you post, because you make comparisons that don't really hold up, if your so worried about 50 cents, Why are you even wasting time playing a game that is obviously nothing but a time and money sink from its conception?

Mostly what I say to you, and folks like you, they are trying to fix the problem, and haven't even been given the chance to offer you anything for the down time, how would you respond to the demand...eh?

I have a question with Harbinger my main server my client is set to automatically log in to it. So when the client loads it just sits there I don't get to try to load another serve up. How do I get to the server list if it's just sitting there in a loading screen trying to load up a server that is apparently shut down? i tried the repair tool but it is inactive as there are no errors...

I let it try to load up for almost an hour and it just sat there at a loading screen, the character list, server list or any thing else after pressing the play button on the client does not appear just a loading screen....

Hey folks,

We will be taking The Harbinger, Begeren Colony and The Bastion offline while we look into the ongoing connectivity issues.

I don't currently have an ETA for them being back online, but will update this thread as I get more information.

Thanks,

Tait

Thanks for the update! The server's been acting wonky the past couple days on and off so I hope you nail whatever the problem is. Good luck!

I am not defending Biowares actions by any means, but I think we need to grit our teeth and grin and bear with it. It does no good to complain, even if you have a valid argument. I feel the same way, but until they fix this, we just need to wait and be patient. Bioware does not specialize in MMOs. This game was a last minute substitute for the horrible flop Star Wars Galaxies that Lucas Arts pulled. This game was originally Kotor 3, but was changed because Lucas Arts needed an MMO and needed it fast. Bioware warned that they have not done this before, so we need to cut them some slack. They are doing something they have not done before.

Few problems there. Yes it is a service and yes we (well some of us) pay.

But.

If the trash pickup is late you do not get a refund for time the job is done.

Same with mower. Do you stand outside and watch them work? They get there when they and get the job done.

If you computer is not working then get it fixed or replaced. Don't expect the box to get you money for being a paperweight.

etc etc

Here's the thing. Yes it is inconvenient (not happy with it myself) but it is getting fixed. Your argument seems to be based on the idea that you are the center of the universe and all things are being taken from you. Which is .. somewhere between silly and arrogant.

This has been pointed out before but if you pay $14.99 per/mth at 30 days, that is $2 a day. That $2 divided by 24 hours means the 3 hours lost has a spent value of $0.25. (and the EULA which you did agree to and didn't read says there is not guarantee anyway. ) Vent all you want if it makes you feel better but don't expect the world to bow to you and your petty demands.

So if you make an appointment at a doctors office for 9am. You take off time from your busy schedule, work, ect. To attend this appointment. Then you find the doctor is late, slept in, flat tire, something else came up. They arrive at 11:30 but they don't even get to see you for another hour. Do you think you should just sit down shut up and wait? What if you traveled 2 hours to get to this doctor. You can't just turn around and leave can you? Waste of gas and time. Should the doctor compensate you for your time?

Yes, I had a friend go through something like this. He billed the doctors office for the time spent as how much he would have earned while at work + expenses. The doctor paid up because he was in the wrong, regardless of what happened, you made an appointment. The same can be said for this game. I subbed for a month of play time...not 29 days, not 30 days of off and on lag and disconnection issues.

Yeah, lag happens, issues happen. It's normal, but a company owes its consumers...the ones that are PAYING RIGHT NOW! for their time.

Sorry guys, this outage is my fault. I made it through all those elite sandpeople in the cave on Tatooine to the datacron and just as I knelt to soak up my buff, poof, server went down. I should have known not to tempt the server gods like that. Yesterday, while waiting for the Jawa balloon and with the balloon about a minute away from being close enough to jump to, the server farted and reset the balloon to somewhere around Witchita and I had to wait another 20 minutes or more just to hop on. I think it was a hint.

Twas my arrogance that caused all this... again, sorry.

This was awsome^^^

everyone crying about compensation for a few hours of downtime need to understand a few hours is not worth a free month or even 500cc for free. 5 hours of downtime = 10 cents. so quit acting like you are entitled to more than you are.

I am a self entitled brat, so yes I want 5000 cc, 1 free month, 1 fried pony, 2 pepperoni pizza and 1 Trekk :D