The Voidstar: God this is so annoying

griephswalder

This has bugged me for a while:

Why is planting the bombs so easily interrupted? You go over to the door, probably fighting through a lot of chumps, then start the Eight second countdown on planting the bomb. Eight seconds!??!? :eek::eek::eek: Don't you think by then, an obnoxious operative can sneak up and stab you, or a sorcerer use force storm on you? Its bad enough it lasts eight seconds (eight seconds that could have been used trashing a juggernaut) but it turns out that ANY attack can interrupt you in planting the bomb. :rak_02: So, that means a bunch of AOE-happy chumps can run in and gang-rape the bomb planter. I really get annoyed by this, especially when there are about twelve imps shoving their lightsaber's up my a**. Please do something about this Bioware! I am sick of being a baseball!! :rak_evil::i_mad::jawa_evil::jawa_mad:

Well to the OPs defence I'd have to point out to you guys the fact that the map Voidstar is 90% of the time just one room: the first.

I mean, count the times than you see the other rooms. If you cap the first the second is really hard to cap unless you can outrun the team from the first room.

Count the times you've opened doors without stealthers. Also if one team opens a door it usually means that people leave because they know if the enemy team were good enough to open a freaking door there's no way they'll open one when it's their turn.

I would much rather see Voidstar go in the direction of "who can reach the datacore first" and not as it is now "who can plant the first door and make a run for it".

EDIT: And for those who remember the 8v8 ranked days you can clearly see how flawed the warzone was because it was basically always a deathmatch. With good stealthers and a team with a sense of time (when the spawn opens), it is so impossible to actually open a door it's not even funny. Seriously. It's broken just like alderaan was when the speeders spawned to the sides.

Edited by easeyway

Voidstar is only a mess if you have too many healers. 3 makes it damn near impossible to get through. 5 oddly enough makes it easier as the healers tend to get tunnel vision and can get pulled away from the doors easier for someone to sneak by and plant. Have done that myself without a stealth class.

Not really sure why an eight second cap is too long. Civil war's cap time is the same and Novare's takes like ten seconds to fully change a bunker's ownership by yourself (I may be wrong on that one). Voidstar is just going along with the theme if you ask me.

PS: Voidstar is my favorite WZ.

Voidstar is my favorite. It really wouldn't make any sense to allow someone to keep channeling while getting hit. That means every team could send all 8 people to spam channel for a mere 8 seconds OR maybe 2 or 3 guys to heal you through 8 seconds. No one would ever be stopped on either side ... resulting in both teams always getting to the end. It would totally destroy Voidstar.

A good team will stun, cc, distract, knock back, interrupt, and destroy the enemy while you channel for 8 seconds.

Sorry I disagree with the argument.

It doesn't take a premade to do that. Just a team that understands more than just zerging a door and 1 v 1ing.

I think you have too high expectations for pugs. Also zerging one side is about as strategic as you should expect. Kill them as fast as possible and hope for a full door.

I think you have too high expectations for pugs. Also zerging one side is about as strategic as you should expect. Kill them as fast as possible and hope for a full door.

Nah, splitting the sides is really the best thing to do, but generally pugs cant function well enough to pull it off.

Well to the OPs defence I'd have to point out to you guys the fact that the map Voidstar is 90% of the time just one room: the first.

I mean, count the times than you see the other rooms. If you cap the first the second is really hard to cap unless you can outrun the team from the first room.

Count the times you've opened doors without stealthers. Also if one team opens a door it usually means that people leave because they know if the enemy team were good enough to open a freaking door there's no way they'll open one when it's their turn.

I would much rather see Voidstar go in the direction of "who can reach the datacore first" and not as it is now "who can plant the first door and make a run for it".

EDIT: And for those who remember the 8v8 ranked days you can clearly see how flawed the warzone was because it was basically always a deathmatch. With good stealthers and a team with a sense of time (when the spawn opens), it is so impossible to actually open a door it's not even funny. Seriously. It's broken just like alderaan was when the speeders spawned to the sides.

I see at least the second room in almost every match, and frequently get to the last one. If you are not getting farther or not being pushed back farther it is mostly poor play, not due to a poor mechanic.

Nah, splitting the sides is really the best thing to do, but generally pugs cant function well enough to pull it off.

I disagree. Splitting sides doesn't allow for at least a man advantage ( one of theirs watching the opposite side). Plus in the chaos you can send a stealth to sap or just draw more people. I don't remember seeing many guilds in 8's splitting sides.

I disagree. Splitting sides doesn't allow for at least a man advantage ( one of theirs watching the opposite side). Plus in the chaos you can send a stealth to sap or just draw more people. I don't remember seeing many guilds in 8's splitting sides.

That's because in ranked 8's field respec was still a thing so on defense everyone goes heal/tank which made the entire warzone pointless. Planting the bomb was never a priority in ranked. It was kills to get the win on a tiebreaker.

Not really sure why an eight second cap is too long. Civil war's cap time is the same and Novare's takes like ten seconds to fully change a bunker's ownership by yourself (I may be wrong on that one). Voidstar is just going along with the theme if you ask me.

PS: Voidstar is my favorite WZ.

But in Civil War, it takes a bit to get to the controls (the speeder ride and such). In voidstar, the door is practically right next to the spawn.

To: Everyone

So I played it a few more times, and I guess the real issue is that the doors are too close to the defenders' spawn. Maybe if they moved the spawn farther away.....

I've always felt that planting the bomb in voidstar should be progressive. Like if you get interrupted at 50% the bar stays at 50% but slowly goes down over time till you start capping again.

One of the things that would make VS much more interesting. Right now, majority of lvl 55 WZs are determined by who plant on the first door first, unless it is a steam roll. Not sure why it is not made in a way to be a race to the core instead of turtle game play.

But again, we get maps like HG and QB. VS is a master piece in comparison.

Also, whoever said the best thing is to stack on one door, L2P.

Edited by Ottoattack

That's far from the biggest problem on VS. The biggest problem is that the doors always decide the outcome of games. Some people like to argue that you can use the doors to your advantage but there are perhaps three people in this game capable of doing this so it's never in any team's game plan - and certainly not in normal pug games. I think we should have a pre-set personal spawn timer on 5-10 seconds instead, similar to how spawns work in most shooters. Edited by MidichIorian

Lol..

This map has been out for ages and it's played many, many times a day. By that logic every single game would be a tie, but it's far from it.

It's all about tactics. You get the occasional free plant at the beginning of the game, other times you can keep pushing one side until you get lucky and have them in respawning. Or you can keep switching up sides and hope that they eventually have uneven fights, for example 6 on left and 2 on right and you maybe have 4 and 4.

I'm just taking a guess here, but OP- are you one of 'those' players that charges into the fray right as the VS starts and tries to chain plant the bomb with the entire other team beating on you? Only to die, respawn, run back in, and try the same thing that just failed over again? Edited by truchaos

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.