LOL, Conquest PvE rewards just got decimated

Transairion

Yea.. PVP and GSF prepare for a swarm of AFKr's.. LOL

This conquest content just took a turn for the crapper... oh well. Time to play something else while BW fixed another knee jerk reaction.

Because spamming level 10 flashpoints is a good thing :rolleyes:

If you fully read some of these threads, and looked at some of the math done, you would realize that for the average amount of daily game time, (~4 hours) the point gain from PvP and PvE are equal. Of course this isn't counting the planetary bonuses, but I assume no PvE guild is going invade the PvP planets.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well... while I did prepare for it, so its neither surprise nor will it affect my plans much..

to the question of how many pve objectives can one person finish in a day.

there are 4 flashpoints you can do, yes (I'm not counting opposite faction flashpoint as i kinda cannot do that on a character earning points for specific guild)? and 3 of them award extra points for killing bonus boss, but since its a boss inside a flashpoint I'm already doing and would have done that boss anyways for decor - that doesn't count as extra time. all of these objectives with a guild group can be done in two hours tops and that's with leisurely pace. so here I am with one character mostly at 35k. with several days of conquest to go. daily flashpoint will only get me so far.

bear in mind. objective here is not merely to get personal 35k. objective here is to WIN the conquest or at least place in top ten.

now, I do actualy pvp for fun here and there. last week's conquest, pvping as a guild is what got us into top 10 on the boards despite being on a smaller side as far as guild membership goes. this week though... I guess its up to those few GSF players that we have to keep us there :/

while I understand that this is a reaction to cheesing content for super fast point gain (something we weren't doing because bonus bosses in addition to having their own award points, have higher chance of dropping decorations). it still seems not fully thought out as far as balance of content is concerned. IMO

well... while I did prepare for it, so its neither surprise nor will it affect my plans much..

to the question of how many pve objectives can one person finish in a day.

there are 4 flashpoints you can do, yes (I'm not counting opposite faction flashpoint as i kinda cannot do that on a character earning points for specific guild)? and 3 of them award extra points for killing bonus boss, but since its a boss inside a flashpoint I'm already doing and would have done that boss anyways for decor - that doesn't count as extra time. all of these objectives with a guild group can be done in two hours tops and that's with leisurely pace. so here I am with one character mostly at 35k. with several days of conquest to go. daily flashpoint will only get me so far.

bear in mind. objective here is not merely to get personal 35k. objective here is to WIN the conquest or at least place in top ten.

now, I do actualy pvp for fun here and there. last week's conquest, pvping as a guild is what got us into top 10 on the boards despite being on a smaller side as far as guild membership goes. this week though... I guess its up to those few GSF players that we have to keep us there :/

while I understand that this is a reaction to cheesing content for super fast point gain (something we weren't doing because bonus bosses in addition to having their own award points, have higher chance of dropping decorations). it still seems not fully thought out as far as balance of content is concerned. IMO

You forget the group finder operation, which changes every couple of days and is worth a ton of point particularly if the whole guild runs it.

You forget the group finder operation, which changes every couple of days and is worth a ton of point particularly if the whole guild runs it.

no, I did not. you can ONLY run one every 3 days, it requires 8 people to do in correct combination of roles. and it takes longer than a flashpoint by far when its SnV or TfB. especially SnV. reward with bonus? 2000 per person. only Hoth has bonus right now.

I wouldn't call that a ton of points, its not exactly a sustained daily gain.

to each their own naturally. we adjust. we adopt. I'm not going to cry about it. but I will state that I think it unbalanced.

only the war supplies is, not the invasion force. and crafting is a net drain on resoruces, which does limit the viability of relying on it.

Nitpick: The first Invasion Force force per week is 2000 points, but it is then infinitely repeatable at 500 points each.

But the rest of your point stands, it's not feasible to rely on crafting materials week after week.

no, I did not. you can ONLY run one every 3 days, it requires 8 people to do in correct combination of roles. and it takes longer than a flashpoint by far when its SnV or TfB. especially SnV. reward with bonus? 2000 per person. only Hoth has bonus right now.

I wouldn't call that a ton of points, its not exactly a sustained daily gain.

to each their own naturally. we adjust. we adopt. I'm not going to cry about it. but I will state that I think it unbalanced.

You also get points for turning in the weekly mission for ops. So really its 3k per person, without bonus.

the amount of one shot PVE objecvtives is a bit nuts. right now there's no way for a player to hit the weekly cap on a single char without enaging in PVP, without factoring in planetary invasion bonuses. sure maybe thats intended but boy it sucks for people in small shipless guilds who just wanna hit their personal objectives, BW if you're going to do this you need to give more PVE objectives. stop catering to the PVPers, they make a TINY portion of your player base

Ummmm. I did. I haven't done any pvp and I hit 40k+.

Nitpick: The first Invasion Force force per week is 2000 points, but it is then infinitely repeatable at 500 points each.

But the rest of your point stands, it's not feasible to rely on crafting materials week after week.

pretty sure its zero points after first one. /double checks. huh... apparently, it is, this week. well... at least I can get rid of all those supply kits etc now :/

also, on op weekly turn in. that's the one I was looking at. its 1000 per op. once a week. I'm actualy not seeing the groupfinder reward. just the weekly turn in. doing it via groupfinder is mostly for extra coms without needing extra people for 16 man version.

again, reaching personal goal is not impossible, especially if you are only doing it for a single character. its the sustaining conquest point gain steadily to, you know.. win the conquest, or at least remain on the leaderboards that can get rough without pvp/gsf

Edited by Jeweledleah

pretty sure its zero points after first one.

If you're talking about the Invasion Force, it's absolutely 500 points per item crafted (after the first one for 2000). I guarantee it.

It's right in the description:

Assemble various gathered materials into any of the following war supplies: Infantry Supply Kits, Starship Weapons, Armored Vehicles, Crystal Capacitors, Holocron of Strategy, or an Invasion Force

I had umpteen oodles of war supplies in my cargo bay after last week's Voss invasion crafting madness. I got one of my toons to 35k Conquests points simply by crafting Invasion Forces over the past week.

Edited by Khevar

If you're talking about the Invasion Force, it's absolutely 500 points per item crafted (after the first one for 2000). I guarantee it.

I had umpteen oodles of war supplies in my cargo bay after last week's Voss invasion crafting madness. I got one of my toons to 35k Conquests points simply by crafting Invasion Forces over the past week.

yep, just noticed that, was editing my post as you made yours :p so there's that. its not sustainable IMO, but at least there's some use to those supplies after all :/

yep, just noticed that, was editing my post as you made yours :p so there's that. its not sustainable IMO, but at least there's some use to those supplies after all :/

Yeah.

Unfortunately, I have 10 times as many Infantry Supply Kits as I do everything else. And they're currently listed at 5k each on the GTN and nobody is buying them.

I wish I could trade them in for medpacks, adrenals or stims. You know, just for the irony. They are "infantry supply", right? ;);)

Edited by Khevar

Yeah.

Unfortunately, I have 10 times as many Infantry Supply Kits as I do everything else. And they're currently listed at 5k each on the GTN and nobody is buying them.

I wish I could trade them in for medpacks, adrenals or stims. You know, just for the irony. They are "infantry supply", right? ;);)

ROFL. I hear ya :p its pretty much the same for me.

Because spamming level 10 flashpoints is a good thing

If you fully read some of these threads, and looked at some of the math done, you would realize that for the average amount of daily game time, (~4 hours) the point gain from PvP and PvE are equal. Of course this isn't counting the planetary bonuses, but I assume no PvE guild is going invade the PvP planets.

"Only PvPers are allowed to grind outside a casual's playtime because ______________"

If you don't have enough time to max out PvE Dailies why do you even care? The guilds on the leaderboards aren't casuals unless your server is devoid of life.

Meanwhile, non casual PvPer can grind his heart out.

Non casual PvEr hits a brick wall in Daily limitations and has to change character (to one that's also in the same guild, mind you, unless you're just farming personal points).

Edited by Transairion

Non casual PvEr hits a brick wall in Daily limitations and has to change character (to one that's also in the same guild, mind you, unless you're just farming personal points).

Because you know, changing characters is such a horrible terrible thing.

Because you know, changing characters is such a horrible terrible thing.

Unfortunately, I am not in a guild so tiny 3/4 of it's makeup is made up of my own alts.

In fact, always so close to the member cap that we're limited in how many characters/alts we can have total.

So no, "just change characters" doesn't work unless you're 100% ignoring the guild part of Conquests and are just focusing on your own e-peen reward score.

Unfortunately, I am not in a guild so tiny 3/4 of it's makeup is made up of my own alts.

In fact, always so close to the member cap that we're limited in how many characters/alts we can have total.

So no, "just change characters" doesn't work unless you're 100% ignoring the guild part of Conquests and are just focusing on your own e-peen reward score.

If your guild is so full that you barely have room for alts, how is it that you're having troubles with conquests?

Edited by Khevar

Does it say that somewhere or have people just observed it doing that despite it not being stated anywhere?

I haven't bothered making more than one invasion force per week because (unless I misread something) it clearly shows a once per week per legacy award of 2000 points and nothing extra beyond that.

Oh! It's listed in the 500 point war supplies objective?! Totally overlooked that part and thought the invasion force was considered completely separate from the smaller war supplies items. (So technically the first invasion force is 2500 since it's the one time reward plus the repeatable reward.) Interesting...

I had donated some of my war supplies items to my guild (didn't see how I would need much more than whatever it will take to get the dark projects to get a couple of the class ship decorations for myself) but I do still have a bit of a stockpile of them.

Edited by Muljo_Stpho

This is BS, basically people who are dedicated to the game and want to get a lot of conquest points on multiple toons are completely gimped. Right now it comes down to whichever guild has the most accounts wins. I admit I am in a large guild ( Chill, Harbinger) but still this seems like it will also hurt the small guilds just as much or even more. If a small guild has limited members with multiple alts they are ****ed. Having conquest achieves legacy wide means small guilds cannot possibly compete with large guilds.