fix clipping and adjust for all body types in cartel armor sets

bioware,

do you want more players to buy your 'cool' cartel armor sets?

please review your armor sets, fix the clipping of beards/mustashes in the headgear and adjust armor for all body types especially the neckline to fix clipping of braids and long hair styles.

I certainly wish they would do a quality pass on all their current cartel items, bring them all to an average quality level. Some of the earlier sets certainly have lower quality texturing.

The upcoming Noble Attendant’s Armor Set is on my radar. Not because I want to buy it, but because it is a shameless recolor of the existing Handmaiden Armor Set, which is notoriously plagued with such severe clipping. A Lore armor set that both your entire thighs pass through with the slightest movement, no matter your sex, size or race.

Would they really release yet another set without spending a little time fixing the model? Most likely.

Edited by PorkdishSWOR

IMO , for example, the casual combatant and the dramatic extravert armor sets look better on a female toon than the satele shan armor set especially playing a dark sided jedi. but clips and ruins the back braids and long hair on body types 1 and 2. body type 3 or 4 are not proportioned well but has no clipping problem. Edited by DarkJediMage
correcting grammar

The Satele boots have terrible clipping issues with body type 2 human females, there are huge patchy holes where you can see the skinn through the boots on the backs of their thighs above the knees if you try to pair them with the regal apparel mini skirt :( it doesn't do this with my with my BT 2 sith pureblood or zabrak, but all my humans it does it...

Clipping is really bad for any outfit with a cape mounting up. I can't count how many armor sets I've had a look at that I decide against buying because the cape clips through the vehicle. One of my toons uses only tauntauns for the same reason, but even that clips (it's just not as obvious).

What really gets me is that you can preview armor/mounts and it won't clip in the preview but it will clip once you actually use the armor/mount combination in question.

Clipping is really bad for any outfit with a cape mounting up. I can't count how many armor sets I've had a look at that I decide against buying because the cape clips through the vehicle. One of my toons uses only tauntauns for the same reason, but even that clips (it's just not as obvious).

What really gets me is that you can preview armor/mounts and it won't clip in the preview but it will clip once you actually use the armor/mount combination in question.

preview is a static rendering, with no physics included.

Actual chars have physics on the armor allowing them to flap in the wind move while you move etc.

armor clipping is not something that can be easily solved withotu adding a ton of processing and collision detection which means you wont be able to drive through objects/people.

Is it really that huge of a deal?

I'm all for reducing clipping in the base player model. However, fixing clipping would be an entirely different issue with

Vehicles. Collision physics would be needed due to the base cloth animations we run now. While I can only speak

For myself in that it doesn't bother me, vehicle clipping is something that I don't expect to be fully resolved anytime soon. Though i do hope for more attention to clipping on the player with certain sets. (This is what I understand about cloth physics/animations anyway, others might be more knowledgable about this.)

preview is a static rendering, with no physics included.

Actual chars have physics on the armor allowing them to flap in the wind move while you move etc.

armor clipping is not something that can be easily solved withotu adding a ton of processing and collision detection which means you wont be able to drive through objects/people.

Is it really that huge of a deal?

Give us toggle then.

We have the option to either accept a static render of our character when mounted (thus sidestepping the physics limitation), as appears in the preview window. Eliminates clipping, but our robes won't flap in the wind and whatnot anymore.

Or we have an option to leave it as it is, accepting clipping in exchange for the physics.

Give players the choice.

• 2 years later...
I really wish they'd fix the way capes and short skirt/tunic things look in cutscenes. Sometimes in cutscenes my companion/character is sitting with legs crossed (man-style) and for some reason the lower part of the tunic (/short skirt thing) is fluttering wildly. Capes do not know how to behave in cutscenes if my character gets knocked down; her cape goes through her head. Looks so dumb in some pretty serious, dramatic scenes.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.