Ranked 4's

Lord_Asmoday

Our healer for all but the match in question, Canu, had no mic... so that's not much of a valid point. Then our healer in the tanktunnel match didnt even know where his medpac was bound to, nor most of his keybinds. He did, however, see two Creeping Terrors and Afflictions on me when he was struggling to keep me up. It was my mistake to LOS away from him while escaping the constant stream of lightning from your sorc. We never got to face Zan-X and Venrin, but I doubt they would be dumb enough to try and tunnel me down. I'm not a tank that succumbs to tanktunnel when in full tank gear and accompanied by a competent healer. It has never once worked under those circumstances and I challenge anyone to try. Give me Miva and I will not be tanktunneled in the enemy's favor. I had half dps gear round one which is the only reason it worked. I sincerely wish you'd stop denying it. I don't give a damn that you tried that strategy; I find it funny. It's a legit strategy but it's incredibly lame. Any tank who can't survive tanktunnel should reroll or find a better team. There's no shame in tanktunneling, but denying that that's what you were doing is somewhat pitiful. I took 440k damage and canu/hidan took 250k each. Our healer took 119k. These are overall damage totals, and the rounds were pretty even to that ratio. The only difference is that we countered with tanktunnel to your tunneling and your jugg couldn't handle it in rounds two and three...

EDIT: I agree, most people are sore losers. If you recall, I *****ed not once. Just pointed out the facts in numbers and my observations. Again, I find tanktunnel amusing. I want a healthy ranked community, but you can't deny a strategy that was so clearly defined by how the match played out. I hope last night doesn't stop you from queueing up. I find our face-offs to be the most fun, Deal. :] I was also AP most of the night so luloffspecs.

That was literally our only match as double madness all night. I specifically told Bibdi I did not want to tank tunnel before hand. That was not our planned strategy. Dots got spread around because we didn't have any plan to mez. Pressure was the plan, not tank tunnel. I stand by that. I don't know who Bibidi was on, but the only nmed he called for in ts was Shaniah the first round. Besides, double carnage is just as cheesy, it just does it in a different way. Double stacking any spec ends up that way, for the most part. But whatever, it was one game that we aren't going to agree on. It's not worth debating over anymore.

We still want to queue and have a good time, but the one match we did win with our arsenal/lightning comp was still met with poor sportsmanship. Not on your part but both of your juggs and canu. Sorry we didn't /stuck and won a round in gas, but that's the game. It wasn't what we were trying for by any means.

We'll be back for more. Arenas are our favorite part of the game and yolos don't really count.

Lastly, AP is the ****. That's all I play on my PT. <3

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was literally our only match as double madness all night. I specifically told Bibdi I did not want to tank tunnel before hand. That was not our planned strategy. Dots got spread around because we didn't have any plan to mez. Pressure was the plan, not tank tunnel. I stand by that. I don't know who Bibidi was on, but the only nmed he called for in ts was Shaniah the first round. Besides, double carnage is just as cheesy, it just does it in a different way. Double stacking any spec ends up that way, for the most part. But whatever, it was one game that we aren't going to agree on. It's not worth debating over anymore.

We still want to queue and have a good time, but the one match we did win with our arsenal/lightning comp was still met with poor sportsmanship. Not on your part but both of your juggs and canu. Sorry we didn't /stuck and won a round in gas, but that's the game. It wasn't what we were trying for by any means.

We'll be back for more. Arenas are our favorite part of the game and yolos don't really count.

Lastly, AP is the ****. That's all I play on my PT. <3

I've loved you guys since we were all in BOSS together, and bro love runs deep.

It was really just Hidan complaining about you guys tanktunneling, but Bibidi's lightning was constantly on me after I popped kolto, which was surprisingly early for a 4s match, so you can't use the excuse of only being on my dick once I got low, because I got low far too early, and that never happens just from guard damage... I can't deny that, and one madness sorc on a PT tank for most of the match equates to tanktunneling no matter how you slice it since their dots rip us to shreds and anyone with half a brain knows that...

Our tank in the games you ran Ars/Lightning and won acid was just pissed that you guys held out for so long because you had a sorc. It is the game, but it is cheap, and cheap strats induce ************. No hate there personally. If I had more practice at DPS'ing in ranked, those 3v4s where you won acid shouldn't have happened... but I wouldn't have become complacent when I lost a member, either.

I'm glad you can take this and still queue up; this is something everyone on this server should do.

I've loved you guys since we were all in BOSS together, and bro love runs deep.

It was really just Hidan complaining about you guys tanktunneling, but Bibidi's lightning was constantly on me after I popped kolto, which was surprisingly early for a 4s match, so you can't use the excuse of only being on my dick once I got low, because I got low far too early, and that never happens just from guard damage... I can't deny that, and one madness sorc on a PT tank for most of the match equates to tanktunneling no matter how you slice it since their dots rip us to shreds and anyone with half a brain knows that...

Our tank in the games you ran Ars/Lightning and won acid was just pissed that you guys held out for so long because you had a sorc. It is the game, but it is cheap, and cheap strats induce ************. No hate there personally. If I had more practice at DPS'ing in ranked, those 3v4s where you won acid shouldn't have happened... but I wouldn't have become complacent when I lost a member, either.

I'm glad you can take this and still queue up; this is something everyone on this server should do.

I'm over talking about the games last night. It's the past.

I appreciate that, dude. It's funny how the remnants of BOSS are the ones putting most of the different teams together. I hope you guys keep hitting us up for matches or for fillers when you need extras. <3

Because he didn't take as much damage as you're claiming. That's how.

And again, did you face Venrin and Zan-x? Because their double madness was used the same was as ours: pressure. Full team pressure. Except, they actually had both sorcs dotting up the tank, not one.

The point I was trying to make is that a decent chunk of this community are sore winners/losers and suck the fun out of the experience, even in preseason.

We lose a lot to you guys but we probably have more fun than the few we win because whether it's you, canu, agonyy or burdok, someone has to throw a little fit about losing a game. Just throw up a gg and move on to the next match.

Sorry for running madness sin/sorc one match after running lightning/arsenal all night with a healer that has little experience and no mic haha

*sigh.........

Edited by shammah

Just going to pop in here to say a couple things.

Besides no cross server the ranked scene has died for mostly these two reasons.

•People can't take a single loss without feeling defeated and decide never to queue again

•People complain about you when you win.(sportsmanship)

Both of these issues have to do with our own egos.

I understand how important these games may seem.

I understand when people lose their first thought is not ,"alright what can we do better as a team?".

Instead the first reaction is,"This was not my fault, the reason my team lost was because the other team was SO overpowering that there was no other outcome possible besides my team losing"

This is the line of thought that leads to threads about nerfing classes and stopping premades.

I applaud Rahc for coming out and saying if he had more practice on his dps they could have stopped us. Because Llightning Sorc and an Arsenal Merc are in no way overpowered and within the realm of possibility to beat. The fact of the matter is I enjoy playing a Sorc and Deal enjoys playing his Merc so we played the class. It was one of the first times we played that comp and we happened to win with it. Complaining because a support class does their job of off healing is rediculous and unreasonable. Complaining when a random comp like this wins is something that really irks me.

Another problem is complaining about what strats are used. I hear almost everytime we win,"don't stand on the ramp, fight us in the middle, of course double madness, you've got a sorc, tank tunnel". This is a common psychological technique used for hundreds of years by people who are weak, in order to manipulate people who are stronger into lowering to their level. In the words of Darth Bane, “Glory is of no use to the dead.”“Honor is a fool’s prize” . I wont feel better about losing just because I played by my enemies rules, I accept losing when I did everything in my power to win but just get outplayed. There is no reason I should stop playing classes I've enjoyed since almost launch because other people have a tough time fighting against it. That is THE purpose of ranked, to push yourself to the limits of what your classes can do.

My guild runs 4s about half the week.We have a good time because it is the only form of pvp that has any real challenge to us(yolo seem a waste of time with all the trolls, wz are just relaxing killing grounds). We do not win most of the matches (half of the losses someone on our team is d/c or comps are shutting down lol,the other half are synergy issues/enemy skill). You will not see us complaining about what sorcs people may be in, whether its double carnage, carnage/snipes, OP healer vs Merc healer, tank tunneling. Because we don't care. We believe with enough skill you can take out any comp. When we lose we will keep queuing, constantly striving to work on our teamwork until we win. So you can understand the frustration when we finally get into the groove and win we get people complaining and rage quitting matches. Take your losses like a man, learn from it, find what you can do better and work from there. You weren't complaining the 5 matches you beat the comp don't complain the first match you lose.

Lastly,

I assure all of you, if this kind of sportsmanship continues there will be 0 teams queuing 4s. With an expansion coming around we have a chance to create the environment that encourages teams to queue 4s as more people come back into the game. However it is up to the 2-4 teams that queue to make that ranked community a friendly place to play.

Just going to pop in here to say a couple things.

Besides no cross server the ranked scene has died for mostly these two reasons.

•People can't take a single loss without feeling defeated and decide never to queue again

•People complain about you when you win.(sportsmanship)

Both of these issues have to do with our own egos.

I understand how important these games may seem.

I understand when people lose their first thought is not ,"alright what can we do better as a team?".

Instead the first reaction is,"This was not my fault, the reason my team lost was because the other team was SO overpowering that there was no other outcome possible besides my team losing"

This is the line of thought that leads to threads about nerfing classes and stopping premades.

I applaud Rahc for coming out and saying if he had more practice on his dps they could have stopped us. Because Llightning Sorc and an Arsenal Merc are in no way overpowered and within the realm of possibility to beat. The fact of the matter is I enjoy playing a Sorc and Deal enjoys playing his Merc so we played the class. It was one of the first times we played that comp and we happened to win with it. Complaining because a support class does their job of off healing is rediculous and unreasonable. Complaining when a random comp like this wins is something that really irks me.

Another problem is complaining about what strats are used. I hear almost everytime we win,"don't stand on the ramp, fight us in the middle, of course double madness, you've got a sorc, tank tunnel". This is a common psychological technique used for hundreds of years by people who are weak, in order to manipulate people who are stronger into lowering to their level. In the words of Darth Bane, “Glory is of no use to the dead.”“Honor is a fool’s prize” . I wont feel better about losing just because I played by my enemies rules, I accept losing when I did everything in my power to win but just get outplayed. There is no reason I should stop playing classes I've enjoyed since almost launch because other people have a tough time fighting against it. That is THE purpose of ranked, to push yourself to the limits of what your classes can do.

My guild runs 4s about half the week.We have a good time because it is the only form of pvp that has any real challenge to us(yolo seem a waste of time with all the trolls, wz are just relaxing killing grounds). We do not win most of the matches (half of the losses someone on our team is d/c or comps are shutting down lol,the other half are synergy issues/enemy skill). You will not see us complaining about what sorcs people may be in, whether its double carnage, carnage/snipes, OP healer vs Merc healer, tank tunneling. Because we don't care. We believe with enough skill you can take out any comp. When we lose we will keep queuing, constantly striving to work on our teamwork until we win. So you can understand the frustration when we finally get into the groove and win we get people complaining and rage quitting matches. Take your losses like a man, learn from it, find what you can do better and work from there. You weren't complaining the 5 matches you beat the comp don't complain the first match you lose.

Lastly,

I assure all of you, if this kind of sportsmanship continues there will be 0 teams queuing 4s. With an expansion coming around we have a chance to create the environment that encourages teams to queue 4s as more people come back into the game. However it is up to the 2-4 teams that queue to make that ranked community a friendly place to play.

Lol people who cry because they lost. Playing fours on the Harbinger when the pot5 teams, bastion teams transferred over the team I ran with VOSSEN would get tank tunneled hard by the pot5 teams. I was the tank. We probably lost like the first 5-6 matches. We didn't sit there and QQ because we lost to tank tunneling we eventually figured out a way to win. We didn't win them all, but we won many of them after. People who QQ that you lost to tank tunneling because it takes no skill. Basically you just said "we lost to someone with no skill." How can anybody be proud enough to ***** about losing to someone with no skill?