The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bounty brokers association

migzmando

Hello, I would like to know when this event comes around, and also, how long would it take one to farm up rep to "champion" level? I would really like the heavily modified carbine, and the champion helmet for my BH..

Thanks for your responses!

- Once every month.

- Depends on how many characters you use and how often you do contracts.

I have four above 15. I would do contracts every day on them.

Given that, would it be possible to reach champion standing in one event? Or would it require multiple?

Given that, would it be possible to reach champion standing in one event? Or would it require multiple?

Let's see. One standard bounty gives a green and a blue reputation trophy. If you're a subscriber without a guild, those give 900 reputation combined. With four characters times seven days, you can collect a total of 25200 points worth of trophies.

Kingpin contracts give a purply trophy, worth 1440 points. Unlocking a kingpin requires five completed bounty contracts, so you can't unlock one on your first day (unless you buy the contracts from other players). Kingpin bounties also give one completed contract, so from the second day forward you can do one kingpin per day. That's six times 1440, or 8640 additional reputation.

The total comes to 33840 reputation, which falls short of the 40000 required for champion.

If you're willing to spend credits on the contracts, you can do some more kingpins. You can only do each kingpin once per week per character, but each of your characters should have access to at least two different kingpins. I think the third on (Nar Shaddaa) unlocks around level 20, and fourth one (Tatooine) around level 25. If you can do a total of 11 kingpins during the week in addition to the standard bounties, you'll get enough trophies to reach champion status.

A guild with a capped reputation bonus reduces the number of kingpins required to 8.

Conclusion: It's possible to reach champion status with four characters in a single week, but you'll have to work for it and spend some credits as well.

Edited by DataBeaver

Let's see. One standard bounty gives a green and a blue reputation trophy. If you're a subscriber without a guild, those give 900 reputation combined. With four characters times seven days, you can collect a total of 25200 points worth of trophies.

Kingpin contracts give a purply trophy, worth 1440 points. Unlocking a kingpin requires five completed bounty contracts, so you can't unlock one on your first day (unless you buy the contracts from other players). Kingpin bounties also give one completed contract, so from the second day forward you can do one kingpin per day. That's six times 1440, or 8640 additional reputation.

The total comes to 33840 reputation, which falls short of the 40000 required for champion.

If you're willing to spend credits on the contracts, you can do some more kingpins. You can only do each kingpin once per week per character, but each of your characters should have access to at least two different kingpins. I think the third on (Nar Shaddaa) unlocks around level 20, and fourth one (Tatooine) around level 25. If you can do a total of 11 kingpins during the week in addition to the standard bounties, you'll get enough trophies to reach champion status.

A guild with a capped reputation bonus reduces the number of kingpins required to 8.

Conclusion: It's possible to reach champion status with four characters in a single week, but you'll have to work for it.

Wow.. Thank you for breaking it down for me like that. I really appreciate it. Basically, I would do the contracts/kingpins on all my characters, but I would send the reputation items to just one of my characters, correct?

I am in a guild with reputation cap, as well.

And the completed contracts required to unlock kingpin missions, can be bought from other players..do you know what the typical rate is on those items??

EDIT: sorry for the noob questions, I've only just returned to the game from a year plus hiatus(before Makeb released), so I've never done this particular event before, and am pretty excited about it.

Edited by migzmando
Adding

With 4 characters you can easily max rep in 2 events without buying any contracts. It probably requires storing rep items once you reach the weekly cap and using them the following week. I maxed my rep and achievements in the first two bounty events using 4 characters and haven't really taken part again since.

Edited by Irongut

Wow.. Thank you for breaking it down for me like that. I really appreciate it. Basically, I would do the contracts/kingpins on all my characters, but I would send the reputation items to just one of my characters, correct?

No need to send them around. Reputation is legacy wide, so you can just use them on whichever character gets them. Of course, since you can only get 12000 reputation per week, you'll have to stockpile them and use them in the weeks following the event. It might be more convenient to have that stockpile in a single place.

And the completed contracts required to unlock kingpin missions, can be bought from other players..do you know what the typical rate is on those items??

I seem to recall something like 50k per contract. It's been a few weeks since the last bounty week though, and I've never really paid attention since I prefer to collect them myself, so I might remember incorrectly.

And the kingpins are: one kingpin, per day, per character, if that character had turned in 5 completed contracts? And each particular kingpin can only be done once a week per character?

The contracts are tradeable items which are used to buy kingpin unlocks from a vendor. You don't need to complete five bounties on a single character before getting a kingpin unlock. I'm not sure if there was a reputation requirement, but I don't think there was. Without buying any contracts, it would go something like this:

Day 1: Complete one standard bounty on each character. Send the four completed bounty contracts to a single character.

Day 2: Complete one standard bounty on each character. With the character that received the contracts from day 1, you can now buy a kingpin contract and complete it. You again have four completed bounty contracts; collect them on a single character.

Days 3-7: Repeat of day 2.

I did this event for the first time ever this month. I'd never done it before because I'd never even looked at the rewards, but once I saw them, there was some great stuff there. I had to have the cowboy hat, carbine, and hooded striped Treek, and I got them all in one week.

I did it on 6 characters, though not every one every day, and I started a couple days late. I got halfway from Friend to...whatever the next one is.

Eventually, I wouldn't mind getting the droid customization...it's really cool. The event is a bit grind-y, but at least there's no RNG involved. Do the jobs, get the stuff, guaranteed. :tran_grin: The bounty targets are very well done - a pretty good challenge, and I like how they all have lots of spoken lines while you fight them.

Just a small addendum: as mentioned you can use the reputation items on any character, but if you have characters in different guilds (or unguilded characters) you'll naturally want to use the reputation items on the one whose guild has the best reputation bonus. That's viewable on the guild roster.

And blimey Databeaver, you've been exceptionally helpful with your detailed posts here :)

No need to send them around. Reputation is legacy wide, so you can just use them on whichever character gets them. Of course, since you can only get 12000 reputation per week, you'll have to stockpile them and use them in the weeks following the event. It might be more convenient to have that stockpile in a single place.

I seem to recall something like 50k per contract. It's been a few weeks since the last bounty week though, and I've never really paid attention since I prefer to collect them myself, so I might remember incorrectly.

The contracts are tradeable items which are used to buy kingpin unlocks from a vendor. You don't need to complete five bounties on a single character before getting a kingpin unlock. I'm not sure if there was a reputation requirement, but I don't think there was. Without buying any contracts, it would go something like this:

Day 1: Complete one standard bounty on each character. Send the four completed bounty contracts to a single character.

Day 2: Complete one standard bounty on each character. With the character that received the contracts from day 1, you can now buy a kingpin contract and complete it. You again have four completed bounty contracts; collect them on a single character.

Days 3-7: Repeat of day 2.

Thank you, you've been very helpful. I fully understand how it works now, and I can't wait for the next event. Lol, I hope it's not next week, because I'm on vacation!!!

Thank you, you've been very helpful. I fully understand how it works now, and I can't wait for the next event. Lol, I hope it's not next week, because I'm on vacation!!!
According to my calendar, the next one will start on Tuesday, Sept 9th.

Just a small addendum: as mentioned you can use the reputation items on any character, but if you have characters in different guilds (or unguilded characters) you'll naturally want to use the reputation items on the one whose guild has the best reputation bonus. That's viewable on the guild roster.

And blimey Databeaver, you've been exceptionally helpful with your detailed posts here :)

The reputation trophies that give you reputation are Bound to the character who received it, so you cannot send it to a character in a guild to have that character take advantage of the Guild bonus. If you are trying to game the system and squeeze as much reputation out as you can in a given week, you might want to carefully order which chars use which tokens in what order, because as long as you aren't capped, you can activate a token, and you will get the full amount of reputation even if that would put you over. You can check out Dulfy's guide for more info about maximizing reputation per week.

The items that you buy from the Reputation vendors are Bound to your Legacy, so you can buy (say) the mount with one character and mail it to another to actually consume.

• 2 weeks later...

Conclusion: It's possible to reach champion status with four characters in a single week, but you'll have to work for it and spend some credits as well.

Wanted to provide an update since the event is going on now.

All my characters are guilded, with 10% rep bonus, I am a subscriber, so I am earning the maximum bonus.

I bought 11 completed bounty contracts yesterday(average price 52k per). So I was able to complete 3 kingpin bounties with the 4 I earned, plus the 11 I bought.

I ended up with 10,800 total reputation with the BBA, approximately, for that one day. I don't plan on buying many, if any more completed contracts, as I feel I should be able to get there without it now.

My standing is now newcomer, with about 4,500 rep to go to become friend level.

I appreciate all of your help in this matter, it certainly made it a lot easier for me. :)

I also researched, I only need friend ranking to get the heavily modified blaster carbines, so I may stop at friend rank to get those, and then go for champion next event.

Thanks a lot!

• 1 year later...

I have my first completed contract as a Sith Dark Lord Bounty Hunter and I had it for about 2 weeks so far, I cannot mail it off because I forget the name of the Chief Bounty Broker Associate that legalized me so I can Bounty Hunt. I am supposed to find the Local Bounty Hunter Broker and all I can find is a Hutt Bounty Broker Associate at the Cartel Bazzar and I have no name of the Chief Bounty Broker to mail the Completed Satisfactory Bounty Contract to anyone.

Does anyone have the Chief Bounty Hunter Broker name that I can send the Completed Contract to via the Mail Box for the Imperial Fleet? I tried right clicking that big flab of the Hutt and got no where I even tried rightclicking the Contract still nothing about giving it to the Hutt since he would not accept it.

I have my first completed contract as a Sith Dark Lord Bounty Hunter and I had it for about 2 weeks so far, I cannot mail it off because I forget the name of the Chief Bounty Broker Associate that legalized me so I can Bounty Hunt. I am supposed to find the Local Bounty Hunter Broker and all I can find is a Hutt Bounty Broker Associate at the Cartel Bazzar and I have no name of the Chief Bounty Broker to mail the Completed Satisfactory Bounty Contract to anyone.

Does anyone have the Chief Bounty Hunter Broker name that I can send the Completed Contract to via the Mail Box for the Imperial Fleet? I tried right clicking that big flab of the Hutt and got no where I even tried rightclicking the Contract still nothing about giving it to the Hutt since he would not accept it.

1) Nice necro from 2014.

2) The event is over and you're out of luck. Fortunately for you, it comes around once a month.

Unless it was changed since 4.0 rep Items are bound to the Character that earned them and cannot be sent to alts.

Sure, just not in the same week.

I did it on 13 characters a day last week. One round of 13 runs gave me enough rep to max out for the week. Hence, I have 6 more weeks of rep sitting on toons (which I think is actually more than I need).

You'll still need to wait to consume all your rep items, since the 12k rep per week limit is still there, but yeah, you can only do the event once and get enough rep items to max out, if you throw enough toons at it

Wait for the event to come back, and turn in the contract on the terminal next to the one that dispenses the missions. (On the main floor, in front of the raised area with the Hutt, on the right as you enter the Cartel Bazaar area.)