First Agent/Smuggler Nub

Blockk

Thought Id try a ranged toon and I wouldnt mind the 4th and final buff and I wouldnt mind understanding this class from a pvp perspective

Obviously for the first time I now have a toon that has cover, Im finding this a bit odd in that my quick bar changes up but then I have an option in the preferences whereby I can set a key for cover and there is a couple cover options

Just after some good advice for how to set up and utilise cover or is not that bigger deal ?

Can anyone point to a good guide on Imp Agent/Sniper ?

Cheers

Edited by Blockk

Sorry for half-assed reply but couple points:

* If you want to try a ranged toon, you will need to pick the Sniper/ Gunslinger. Though they have some ranged abilities, Operatives/ Scoundrels are melee DPS.

* I don't know any good slingers that use the Cover bar. I would recommend disabling it (Preferences> User Interface> untick "Enable Cover Bar") or maybe copying the same abilities to the cover bar... But disabling it is much easier.

Check out the Slinger/ Sniper sub-forums, I'm sure there's some good class guides there.

Ok, so you want to become a Sniper/Gunslinger.

Here's my 2 cents on the Cover Hotbar. I love it purely for the fact that i can put abilities like Overload Shot on my out of cover hotbar for when i'm moving around from place to place I also keep Shiv there for when I get out of Cover by any means and need to seek new cover and have some enemies in my way. In essence I use and abuse the Cover Hotbar, it also allows me to not have any Cover Only skills on my non-cover Hotbar. both me and my father play Snipers, and we love the Cover Hotbar. (though my dad in nearly full 168 SB gear still cant pull 1.7k DPS as Marksmanship Sniper and refuses to change to the highly superior Engineering tree and when I get my Sniper to full 168 gear and I start parsing in the 2.1k range as Engineering with the new 2.10 changes, he will hopefully change to Engineering...)

Ok, on to the Specs.

Marksmanship: Just avoid this spec, it's ok for leveling put has sub-par output in 55 gear just avoid it till we get a buff in the tree.

Engineering: My speciality. Engineering tree is an AOE focused tree with at level 20 you obtain Interrogation Probe which is an 18 second DoT ability that can only be put on 1 target at a time, at level 30 you obtain EMP Discharge, which resets the cooldown on several Defencive skills and has talents that will reduce the Cooldown and heal you for 5% of your HP, and also make it so that EMP Discharge reduces the cost of your next Plasma Probe or Explosive Probe (side note use EMP Discharge when your DCD's are on CD for the best effect.) and finally at level 45 you get Plasma Probe, which is an AOE attack that you place down and it will tick for 18 seconds (i think). this tree puts out killer DPS when you know how to play, and is a giant help in fights like Draxus, and Corrupter Zero because of the AOE utility.

Lethality: the EZ mode spec for Snipers. you get 2 DoT's, a DoT damage booster, and Cull. Cull is the main bread and butter of this spec and deals more damage when you have both DoTs on the target you are Culling. that's about the end of the spec, it's a pretty dull spec.

Kaos. wat r u doing. stahp

Both you and your dad are doing something horribly wrong

Im only in non-bonused 156s on my sniper, no relics, stims or adrenals and i hit:

Engineering - 1900 dps roll free live, 2050 dps roll free PTS

Marksmanship - 2k dps

Lethality - 2.1k dps

L2Sniper, both of you. Full SBd gear 2 tiers higher and with relics added on should be at least 800 dps ahead of that.

As for OP

Since you're after PvP you will have only a few options that aren't very difficult:

Medicine Operative - doesnt use cover

Engineering Sniper (post 2.10)

Lethality Sniper (I think, I know cryc uses it and he got the top 3 snipers title. Though he got way too excited over the 2.10 changes)

I'd say go engi sniper because its fun

Edited by TACeMossie

Kaos. wat r u doing. stahp

Both you and your dad are doing something horribly wrong

Im only in non-bonused 156s on my sniper, no relics, stims or adrenals and i hit:

Engineering - 1900 dps roll free live, 2050 dps roll free PTS

Marksmanship - 2k dps

Lethality - 2.1k dps

L2Sniper, both of you. Full SBd gear 2 tiers higher and with relics added on should be at least 800 dps ahead of that.

As for OP

Since you're after PvP you will have only a few options that aren't very difficult:

Medicine Operative - doesnt use cover

Engineering Sniper (post 2.10)

Lethality Sniper (I think, I know cryc uses it and he got the top 3 snipers title. Though he got way too excited over the 2.10 changes)

I'd say go engi sniper because its fun

Lethality it is !

Cheers Kwert

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.