The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

guaranteed (?) decoration drops from flashpoints

thewatcheruatu

I'm not a group PvE guy, but I've gotten a little out of my comfort zone recently by running some group content, because I'm interested in the decorations. After seeing and winning the roll on my first flashpoint (Directive 7, Mentor Processing Core), I was pretty excited to try to snag some others. So I ran Czerka Core Meltdown hoping to get the Czerka Data Core, but nothing at all dropped in that run.

Somebody on Twitter said that he has seen flashpoint bonus bosses drop decorations 100% of the time, but in flashpoints that only have a single boss, he hasn't seen many decoration drops at all. So two questions:

1. Is that the experience others are having? [i actually just found a different thread about it, but I guess there's a bit of disagreement.]
  2. Is there a list of flashpoints that have bonus bosses so I can just focus on those?

1) My experience has been the bonus boss always drops a decoration. Not sure if it's luck, or by design.

2) I believe Dulfy.net has a list of all decorations, including which FP's drop which decoration.

Yeah, I don't think Dufly or tor-decorations mention, however, whether it's the boss that drops them or a bonus boss. Guess I'll have to do a little bit of research.

Bonus bosses in Hardmodes drop 100% (or 99 or so, at least we got one EVERY time out of ~50 fps or so)

Bonus bosses in storymodes seem to have 50-75% chance to drop.

Every final boss (SM/HM) has a chance to drop housing, although I'd not put it above 20%.

Edited by Tesh

Bonus bosses in Hardmodes drop 100% (or 99 or so, at least we got one EVERY time out of ~50 fps or so)

Bonus bosses in storymodes seem to have 50-75% chance to drop.

Every final boss (SM/HM) has a chance to drop housing, although I'd not put it above 20%.

Thanks--reading over the comments on tor-decorating, that was the sense I was beginning to get, as well. Guess I need to start running some hard mode flashpoints with bonus bosses.

• 2 weeks later...

Well done the Esseles over 20 times since strongholds came out and only got 2 decorations, one was from the bonus droid, you know the one you fight after using the two player switches, and the other from the sith at the end of the flashpoint. so 2 out of over 20 runs. So certainly not every time. Also done Hammer station about 8 times and not had a decoration yet, assuming there is one form Hammer station.

The most decorations I have had is 4 from one heroic from republic sides Taris. Run that several times now and all but once I got at least 1 of the decoration datacrons, but most of the time get at least two from those heroics. However that's an heroic not a flashpoint.

It is very random unfortunately and agree it would be nice if you were guaranteed a decoration, but I guess if you were, how many would you want? well maybe 4? 1 for each stronghold (well 3 in my case as not buying the Tatoonie one at that prize) Maybe 5 if you include Guild and Ship strongholds. I think after that players would complain as they are getting something that's not longer wanted as everyone would already have them. Unless the decoration itself changed every so often. That might be a idea worth considering.

• 1 year later...