Maintenance: August 26th, 2014

ServerDroid

On August 26th, all game servers will be unavailable while we perform maintenance. Patch 2.9b will be implemented during this downtime. Details are as follows:

Date: Tuesday, August 26th, 2014

Duration: 2 hours

Time: 3AM PST (10AM GMT) - 5AM PST (12PM GMT)

After maintenance, there will not be a new patch to download.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

Edited by ServerDroid

Since there are no patch notes, it is probably to fix an exploit, possibly one they discovered in the Conquest system while reviewing the top scores.

This weeks conquest did indeed have a exploit for it, and wouldn't you know it, one of the most notorious cheat/exploit guilds won a planet by a significant point margin. WOOK. Surprise Surprise. :rolleyes:

Edited by DarthVengeant

Outstanding bugs that I know of: (that I'm hoping are fixed in the patch in a few hours)

1)- If I log off in someone's stronghold, I can be locked out of logging back in unless that person is online and on that character. The GMs will not transport you, so you just go days without logging in.

2)- Sabotage does not function if the Tier 5 - LEFT upgrade is selected (target is slowed). Without T5 upgrade it works, and with T5 RIGHT upgrade (slower regen) it functions. Note that this isn't about the T5 upgrade on the left not functioning- if you select this upgrade, it breaks the entire component. This bug predates the GSH patch.

3)- Plasma Railgun, Sabotage Probe, and EMP missile all have their duration bugged. The tooltips truncate and leave off valuable information, and claim that they deal their damage over time (or that their effects happen) in zero seconds. This is just a tooltip bug from whatever is wrong with the XML, but it is an issue.

4)- Ion Missile had a nerf to its top component tier, the duration went from 12 seconds to 6. This was changed in the tooltip and duration, so it could well be intended, but it was not in the patch notes (and IMO this component is rarely seen and not considered an issue by anyone- it seems a VERY odd nerf candidate).

5)- EMP field did not change a tooltip, but is now 3000 radius instead of the former 4500. This also has no patch notes, and could much more easily be a bug.

Edited by Verain

This weeks conquest did indeed have a exploit for it, and wouldn't you know it, one of the most notorious cheat/exploit guilds won a planet by a significant point margin. WOOK. Surprise Surprise. :rolleyes:

Lets hope they act on exploiters, it really ruins the fun when someone cheats to gain advantages.

On August 26th, all game servers will be unavailable while we perform maintenance. Patch 2.9b will be implemented during this downtime. Details are as follows:

Date: Tuesday, August 26th, 2014

Duration: 2 hours

Time: 3AM PST (10AM GMT) - 5AM PST (12PM GMT)

Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

When you login on the client it says they expect the servers to be available again 7AM PDT (2PM GMT), yet in the opening post in this thread it says 5AM PST (12PM GMT). SO which is it, because i am seeing two different sets of information here.

What a weird, weird weird total absolute shock, huh? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: And absolutely no punishment, no conquest point rollback, no nothing.

If it fixes the bugs we've been having then i don't mind it being down again, and that exploit needs to be fixed "asap", it shows your lack of skill and ability to play when cheating is your best course of action.

But i do wish they would post patch notes when they do this, they clearly know what there patching, so why not get into the habit of just posting them, it's good for the player base.

Edited by nemhook
correction

They certainly should know what bugs they are trying to fix. It's not like they can be adding any more fixes for this patch now that deployment is already underway. And if they're unsure if their fixes work, giving us the list would make it easier to test them.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not but for some reason I can use 'assassinate' with my assassin at any time. Not just when they're below 30% health.

Also hope they move the tatooine strongholds board out of the space station so I can see other people's pads :)

Are you playing madness because they get a proc for assassinate.