Jedi Knight Orange Starting Armor

MyNameWasTaken

Out of curiosity has anyone found any orange armor that looks like the armor obtained throughout the Jedi Knight's starting area in particular the chest and boots?

Chest

http://www.torhead.com/item/91OqxQC#screenshots

I know there's a craftable item with the same name as the above chest but it doesn't use the same item graphics as the green version.

http://www.torhead.com/item/6L5mA3G

On a side note has anyone found any orange armor that looks like this?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/88/orgusarmor.png/

Ya I like that set as well...unfortunately a lot of the "tunic and pants" look seems to go to the light armor/consular gear, as I saw an orange light tunic that looks pretty nice in the AH the other day.

Since it is moddable though...if you were to use light armor, would the only real hit be in the armor level or would the stats skew in some odd way if you started loading it up with might mods?

I own the first chest piece you linked. I believe I got it off a quest. Wish I could find more "orange" gear. Not real happy with how most of the armor has looked.

The first chest piece comes from the Jedi Knight starting zone or are you saying that you found a orange version of the item?

I also agree that the rather limited selection of gear in terms of appearances is rather disappointing especially with all the cool concept art of armor on the site.

Ya I like that set as well...unfortunately a lot of the "tunic and pants" look seems to go to the light armor/consular gear, as I saw an orange light tunic that looks pretty nice in the AH the other day.

Since it is moddable though...if you were to use light armor, would the only real hit be in the armor level or would the stats skew in some odd way if you started loading it up with might mods?

Just the armor level would be affected (tested it cuz I was curious). If you only use the chest piece of a lower armor type, and keep other items well up top date, you probably won't see a huge impact.

I'm trying to find an orange version of the tunic you can get with Tython tokens (sleeveless, hood-down) in any variety of light, medium or heavy as that's how I want my knight to look throughout, and my current blue one is fast approaching obsolete :(

• 1 month later...

QUOTE: Out of curiosity has anyone found any orange armor that looks like the armor obtained throughout the Jedi Knight's starting area in particular the chest and boots?

Chest

http://www.torhead.com/item/91OqxQC#screenshots

This is my favorite armor so far in the game - I really wish there was a identical/similar piece in orange - please keep this board posted if you find it!

Edited by smardyjones

Ya I am definitely with you guys on this, I've wanted to wear that set the whole time I leveled my Sentinel, but never found an orange version. I eventually went with the orange that looks like the medium armor blue quality item you get for Tython Commendations from the specialty goods vendor in the Cantina.

There was an NPC somewhere on Tython who wore a similar chest to the one the OP linked, except it had wider shoulders and was a bit more ornamental, I thought that looked really cool as well.

I guess we can hope...

I understand the engame PvP and PvE gear will become moddable in an upcoming patch.

What I would like to see, though, is a feature that allows you to take an existing piece of green, blue, or purple armor and make it moddable. I wouldn't mind if it cost a small fortune in creds, commendations, or whatever, but I think it would be great for us RP hoars.

:D

I understand the engame PvP and PvE gear will become moddable in an upcoming patch.

What I would like to see, though, is a feature that allows you to take an existing piece of green, blue, or purple armor and make it moddable. I wouldn't mind if it cost a small fortune in creds, commendations, or whatever, but I think it would be great for us RP hoars.

:D

Ya that is a great idea...if you could take any piece of gear and through some combination of effort/materials/credits make that gear into a piece of zero stats moddable gear, it would solve a LOT of the cosmetic issues people complain about.

I see so many cool looking greens and even the "white" statless gear that I like the look of, but I can at MOST only use for a few levels...