Conquer and prestige points, Musco we must have some yellow.

Elminster_cs

This is simply because players has stopped caring about visiting other strongholds because it is a waste of time.

When did they start caring?

I said some time ago, once the hooks were revealed, that housing was pointless since everyone would look the same.

This just doubles down on that point.

A few people will indeed be creative and I'm sure a few people will figure out a way to create magic with the current system, but frankly, most won't care...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see what your saying about how conquest points favor large guilds. On POT5 I am in the biggest guild on the server and we frequently have 70+ on every night. We are trouncing everyone below us by over 2 million conquest points and there is no possible way they could ever come close to beating us. We just have so many people that they could never get close. Even the uber pvp guilds are getting stomped into the ground by our superior numbers. So my mass invite guild is destroying the hardcore pvp/pve guilds at conquest just cause we outnumber 2 or 3 to 1.

I also completely agree with your point about how much prestige is given for items. It is completely stupid to go into the top stronghold on the server and it is nothing but the same things just dumped all over the place because that is the most efficient way of getting prestige. I am definitely for the first itme you place an item it is 100 prestige but eveyr other time you place it in that same stronghold the prestige goes down to almost nothing.

FINALLY someone that understand! How can a guild with 20 player online even compite with 40 or even more 70?? We have to play 10 times the playtime that other guild do, and even with this the chance are low! 70+ every night just running a flashpoint and farm some weapon supply is more than 300k in one our. For doing this ammount we need 10 hours with our player basis, or even more!!!!

Thanks, I'm feeling not alone right now :D

Example, if my Personal prestige is 10,000 and I fill my DK stronghold to full capacity then my DK Stronghold prestige would be 20,000.

I entered a stronghold with nothing more then alot of pictures on the wall and that stronghold had 70K+ points.

Another stronghold I entered had tons of standard chairs and couches and pictures on the wall, still 70K+ points.

Either there is a bug that players use to get more points or they must have collected alot of items they either not use or have in another stronghold.

I am very confused how they thought this prestige point system would work in reality

Edited by Icestar

Don't forget that the first two days there was a major bug where people could spam Invasion Forces.

That has been fixed.

Of course, larger guilds are going to get more points.

Now, a fair fix would be to give all top 10 the title or maybe top 5 title.

Number 1 still controls the planet and gets those buffs/mounts.

Top 10 still get same rewards.

If Bioware doesn't consider making it more fair for the smaller close-knit guilds, those guilds are going to fall apart. We are going to have large guilds get larger and small guilds gets smaller.

If Bioware doesn't consider making it more fair for the smaller close-knit guilds, those guilds are going to fall apart. We are going to have large guilds get larger and small guilds gets smaller.

And this is a disaster, because lot of small guild with just 15/20 player are doing great, they know each other, live met and have same interest... we are friends, there are lot of guild like us, and a system that give reward only to the bigger ones is a shame.

We will see 500 main logged at the same time and guild with no alt at all, sad really sad for a game where we have 8toons per side.

I'd rather be in a smaller guild than a huge one, never mind if that means never getting conqueror titles. Again, we are rather small guild with many (less than 10 people) who have done 200k to 500k conquest points. Then there are others not quite as hard core who have done 35k+. Preparation, picking the right battle, good planning and execution plays a massive part for small guilds to win in these events. Just saying it's not impossible. :)

I'd rather be in a smaller guild than a huge one, never mind if that means never getting conqueror titles. Again, we are rather small guild with many (less than 10 people) who have done 200k to 500k conquest points. Then there are others not quite as hard core who have done 35k+. Preparation, picking the right battle, good planning and execution plays a massive part for small guilds to win in these events. Just saying it's not impossible. :)

you know that actually the one that have lesser point in tp 10 have 2 milion or close to it?

We are 15/18 and we have near one milion right now, as you see more players, more points. Is impossible, time for every player is limited, we have planned very well what to do, but every day the gap is bigger, because of the player base

I entered a stronghold with nothing more then alot of pictures on the wall and that stronghold had 70K+ points.

Another stronghold I entered had tons of standard chairs and couches and pictures on the wall, still 70K+ points.

Either there is a bug that players use to get more points or they must have collected alot of items they either not use or have in another stronghold.

I am very confused how they thought this prestige point system would work in reality

The stronghold prestige is solely based on the amount of varied items they have, not what items they have placed. There's no bug. It's working as intended. The confusion some have is due to there being 2 kinds of prestige. One is increased by adding decoration to your total collection (personal prestige score), another is increased by placing ANY deco in a stronghold. It can be chairs/trophies/ships...they all contribute equally to Stronghold prestige.

The Stronghold prestige you see listed on the leaderboard is solely the calculation of personal prestige X completion of hooks %, then multiply that by 2 for the subscriber bonus. It doesn't show how nicely decorated a house is, just that the person owning that house has a certain amount of decorations unlocked in total.

The crime is that these people open their SH to the public when they're obviously not ready for public viewing :w_cool:

another is increased by placing ANY deco in a stronghold. It can be chairs/trophies/ships...they all contribute equally to Stronghold prestige.

Nope not true. Some item count more than others. Example my fully starship placed with 200 hooks 19xx prestige, repubblic one with 200hook too 3100 prestige.

So HOW are calculated prestige points?

you know that actually the one that have lesser point in tp 10 have 2 milion or close to it?

We are 15/18 and we have near one milion right now, as you see more players, more points. Is impossible, time for every player is limited, we have planned very well what to do, but every day the gap is bigger, because of the player base

With 15 active people, you could be at 15 x 300 000 pts making it 4.5mil pts. Of course that depends on how much time people can invest and if you chose your conquest target smart. Again, that is matter of picking your battles -not impossible to win.

Nope not true. Some item count more than others. Example my fully starship placed with 200 hooks 19xx prestige, repubblic one with 200hook too 3100 prestige.

So HOW are calculated prestige points?

99.9% of players will be using strongholds right now and for stronghold prestige that's how it works. Guildship prestige might take other things into account. I have no idea on those. However for Stronghold prestige a chair is worth the same as any other single decoration placed. Trust me the numbers are available for all to check.

Edited by Jamus_Divinus

We shall see. Small persisting guilds are whats keeping the game alive. In my opinion ,conquests will change to include all guilds or go gsf way,but only time will judge us.

Say,same place in 1 year? ;)

you're wrong now and you'll be wrong then. As the other guy is saying, I've also been seeing the smaller guilds disband as there people flee to the larger ones. That's how one of the top guilds on our server is trouncing us. They took in a bunch of losers but it's cool. We've got plans to take them out and that's pretty much how this game is going to play out. Not everybody on the block is meant to be a guild leader and those tiny guilds are about to learn that.

Edited by ryniloym

With 15 active people, you could be at 15 x 300 000 pts making it 4.5mil pts. Of course that depends on how much time people can invest and if you chose your conquest target smart. Again, that is matter of picking your battles -not impossible to win.

Are you trolling right?

Assuming you can do 5k conquest point per hour (that is quite a lot) you need 60 hours per week to do 300k with one player, so near to 8.5 hours per day, more than work time. So instead throwing out some random numbers just learn to math man.

And even assuming you can do 300k point per player... do you think that 70+ guilds don't have more than 15 players doing the same and all the other doing at least something?

Com'on be realistic, this is ridiculous.

The stronghold prestige is solely based on the amount of varied items they have, not what items they have placed. There's no bug. It's working as intended. The confusion some have is due to there being 2 kinds of prestige. One is increased by adding decoration to your total collection (personal prestige score), another is increased by placing ANY deco in a stronghold. It can be chairs/trophies/ships...they all contribute equally to Stronghold prestige.

Yes you are right, I checked this myself. I missunderstood the system for a few reasons:

1. I thought it would be more advanced with prestige then only to place any random items on the floor. I took my time finding unique items making a very nice stronghold. I thought that having unique items placed was worth more then 200 chairs. It semed logical to me since prestige is involved. I think a stronghold should be judged by how it looks, not how much items the owner has that nobody can see.

2. Some players got up to 70K prestige for their stronghold the first day after release, as a crafter myself I have no clue how they could get so many different items in that short time. That confused me very much and was one of the reasons I wondered how the system really works since my own stronghold was not near that high. They could ofcourse spent tons of money on the GTN but there were not that many crafting items out at that time and they cost ALOT.

Now it is all clear how it works, lets hope players keep on sharing good strongholds and keep the crappy ones to themselves :tran_wink:

Edited by Icestar

Now it is all clear how it works, lets hope players keep on sharing good strongholds and keep the crappy ones to themselves :tran_wink:

Most of the problem is that more crappy = more point.

I have discovered how guildship work and is complety different, but even this system is not so good.

Most of the problem is that more crappy = more point.

I have discovered how guildship work and is complety different, but even this system is not so good.

What I started doing is I fill the stronghold with as much stuff I could to get more points. But then when I started to get some nicer items, I started to remodel it. You can still get 100% completion and have a nice looking place, but it will take more time (logically)

Edited by Aries_cz

Medium sized guild on The Shadowlands just took a top ten spot on Alderaan.

So, you're wrong...

And medium for you is?? How many players online at avarage?

ONE in 20 server with 600 spots... 0.01%. Yeah gg

Edited by Elminster_cs

What I started doing is I fill the stronghold with as much stuff I could to get more points. But then when I started to get some nicer items, I started to remodel it. You can still get 100% completion and have a nice looking place, but it will take more time (logically)

when you will start filling it right, your point will go down. 5 different speeders are more point than a table with 4 chairs. :(

And medium for you is?? How many players online at avarage?

ONE in 20 server with 600 spots... 0.01%. Yeah gg

<10 highly active conquest players from our guild, maybe another <10 moderate players, and only a handful of others. On average about 10-15 players online.

Scored over 2 million points. One of the top 30 guilds on The Shadowlands this conquest.

So yes, I consider about 20 players medium.

Are you trolling right?

Assuming you can do 5k conquest point per hour (that is quite a lot) you need 60 hours per week to do 300k with one player, so near to 8.5 hours per day, more than work time. So instead throwing out some random numbers just learn to math man.

And even assuming you can do 300k point per player... do you think that 70+ guilds don't have more than 15 players doing the same and all the other doing at least something?

Com'on be realistic, this is ridiculous.

You can do a lot more than 5k conquest points per hour.

We earned the top spot on Voss on our server as a medium sized guild.

You can do a lot more than 5k conquest points per hour.

We earned the top spot on Voss on our server as a medium sized guild.

Agreed 5k per hour is nothing. Alderaan heroic cycle was ~10k for about 40 mins (invading on Alderaan of course).

Edited by azudelphi

when you will start filling it right, your point will go down. 5 different speeders are more point than a table with 4 chairs. :(

You are wrong.

What counts towards Conquest Bonus is Completion, not Prestige. And completion is based on how many hooks you fill up. So 5 speeder (occupying 5 hooks) give the same amount of Completion as table with 4 chairs (again, occupying 5 hooks)

Prestige of Stronghold is then counted by Completion multiplied by your Legacy Prestige, which is sum of all decorations you unlocked (unlocked, not placed). In that case, yes, having unlocked 5 different speeders gives more score (5*100=500) than having 1 table and 1 chair modles 4 times (100+100+3*2=206).

But Prestige does not provide bonuses towards anything, it only decides the place of your stronghold in the Public Listing. And seeing as placement on Public Listing does nothing except bragging right, your argument is wrong

Edited by Aries_cz