Fellow Powertechs, do you feel silly with just a blaster?

iain_b

Nah I entirely agree. We look very silly with just a blaster in one hand and nothing in the other. I realize with all our gadgets it somewhat makes sense but I feel very weak at times pointing that tiny blaster at things....it just seems....off. Maybe I'm too used to tanking with shields in other mmos but i just feel naked

Nah I entirely agree. We look very silly with just a blaster in one hand and nothing in the other. I realize with all our gadgets it somewhat makes sense but I feel very weak at times pointing that tiny blaster at things....it just seems....off. Maybe I'm too used to tanking with shields in other mmos but i just feel naked

Tbh I find it cool with one blaster, cause check the situation.

BH enter to a place carrying just the pistol.

Enemies: LOOOOOL , this guy dares to enter here just with that tinny gun, huh?

BH: Release HELLLLL!!!! , flying missiles, rail shot, enemies torched up like a candles !!!!

An Enemy talking to another Enemy: Damn tard, u had to provoke him with the stupid tinny gun comment, dontya!!!

BH: U GOT WTFPOWNED!!!!

The moral lesson about this? We carry small blaster pistols, to make our enemies over confindence! If we carried a blaster rifle or a mini gun everytime we reach the orbit of a planet everyone will just flee away at +100 points lightspeed!!! ;)

Edited by Hythrel

It doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would. I was definitely in the carbine crowd (and still am to some extent :p), but I don't mind the pistol at all. We could do with some larger models though. At one point I felt like Will Smith in Men In Black using the Cricket (I think that's what it was called).

I adore the single blaster look - it's just manly in the extreme.

Admittedly, I have used pistols that WERE ridiculously small, like something you might find in your cereals box, but in general, I love the blaster pistols.

I wouldn't mind the option of using rifles Boba-style though - I like the handguns better, but if others would be happier with rifles, why not?

i do

i saw a trooper carrying a big-as$ cannon and i felt very emasculated

i saw a trooper carrying a big-as$ cannon and then I flew over and punched him in the face, and then I followed up with another punch in the face which engulfed him in an ion overload, and finally I finished him off with a laser beam TO THE FACE. I didn't really need to draw my pistol at all.

Who needs cannons? I AM the cannon.

Edited by BlazingShadow

I'm basically an armored weapons cache disguised as a tiny human. If I was in a firefight and I had nets, flamethrowers, spikes, thermal detonators, missiles, and a jet pack I wouldn't be using a blaster as my primary mode of killing if you catch my drift.

All I want is a blaster rifle. I don't need a bazooka or machine gun or other heavy weapon, but in almost every Star Wars game where its been an option I use a simple blaster rifle.

I enjoyed killing people in JKII simply using a blaster rifle and a stormtrooper skin.

I see powertech as the "Power Armor" user, not a blaster user. The blaster is a sidearm, our main weapon is our armor and all the weapon systems (missile launchers, rail gun, flame thrower) built into it.

Now if only we had nice helmets before the 30s to complete the iron man look...

when i learned concepts about SWTOR a long time ago and heard about the weap availabilities (pistols for smuggler/bh, rifles for IA's, assault rifles/cannons for troopers) - i did initially think "blech, just pitols?"

but i can tell you that, in gameplay, i don't give a rats *** :) i love my BH in every way possible. in fact, being a shieldtech, i think anything OTHER than a small weap wouldn't make much sense. MAAAAAYBE a shotgun or something. but that'd mean 2 hands, so wouldn't make sense when tryin to use flamethrowers, shield generator in offhand, etc.

i DO wish the shield generator had some sort of visual effect. i will say that. like a pulsing effect or something.