Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Two small changes that need to happen immediately IMO....

LordArtemis

1) Stronghold nameplate that pops up every time you log in to the housing area.

I would suggest you add this item to the items that can be edited in the UI editor. Would be nice to be be able to move this around and/or resize it. I would also suggest you add a close button to the tag.

The best option, IMO, would be something that would allow us to shut off the tag so that it does not pop up at all.

2) "No guild controls this area" nameplate that pops up in the world.

Again, I think this is an item that should be available in the UI editor. This way folks could reposition or resize the popup. I also think a disable on this one would be useful as well.

1) Stronghold nameplate that pops up every time you log in to the housing area.

I would suggest you add this item to the items that can be edited in the UI editor. Would be nice to be be able to move this around and/or resize it. I would also suggest you add a close button to the tag.

The best option, IMO, would be something that would allow us to shut off the tag so that it does not pop up at all.

2) "No guild controls this area" nameplate that pops up in the world.

Again, I think this is an item that should be available in the UI editor. This way folks could reposition or resize the popup. I also think a disable on this one would be useful as well.

I totally agree when it comes to the Guild Control popups. They are very annoying. Please let us disable these. :)

I am surprised this post is not drawing the same kind of diatribe that all the other suggestion threads pertaining to housing seem to be getting.

Not even one "cry and whine" reference?

I could post something of a diatribe if you want. I wouldn't want to let you down.

Edited by Nickious

Duplication of items already owned. Seriously, stop with this cash grab ******** and actually cater to your *********** players. This is yet another reason I'll be letting my subscription lapse this October. Greedy mother****ers.

I can't really see take this seriously that its a huge cash grab when most of the items can be crafted for free and on top of that can be bought for credits rather cheaply.

I do find that not having multiple copies for some of the stuff I have rather irritating but meh. There is plenty stuff I can craft if i really need to fill the space.

Edited by Nickious

I can't really see take this seriously that its a huge cash grab when most of the items can be crafted for free and on top of that can be bought for credits rather cheaply.

I do find that not having multiple copies for some of the stuff I have rather irritating but meh. There is plenty stuff I can craft if i really need to fill the space.

And the people that don't craft? **** them? Send them off to buy **** for obscenely high prices when they have items in their collection they could duplicate and be happy with? Kk.

Have you not seen the $12USD Furniture packs they are pawning in the Cartel Market now?

And the people that don't craft? **** them? Send them off to buy **** for obscenely high prices when they have items in their collection they could duplicate and be happy with? Kk.

Have you not seen the $12USD Furniture packs they are pawning in the Cartel Market now?

You seem genuinely upset, would you like a tissue?

I personally couldn't care less which guild controls which area (or not as the case may be) so yeah, add this to the UI editor so I can choose not to show it please.

Thats really the thing. It seems to be a common complaint in chat, gets in the way of the UI at different times, and there is currently no way to move them or edit their size.

Adding both to the UI editor would solve that. Then players can modify them as they see fit.

And the people that don't craft? **** them? Send them off to buy **** for obscenely high prices when they have items in their collection they could duplicate and be happy with?

I totally agree.

My Shadow bought a Level 43 Advanced Resolve Armoring for 60k, and those greedy bastards at Bioware won't let me dupe it 9 times to put in the rest of my armor. I mean, I paid for it once, what more do you guys want from me? I have a companion that needs them, too. So, now I have to pay over 1 million credits just to get armorings for me and my companion? I don't have an hour to run dailies, I have a job. If I buy one, I should be able to use it as many times as I want.

They're as bad as the guys I paid for my bathroom renovations. I put the same toilet, sink, and faucet in both bathrooms and those money-grubbing criminal made me pay for each and every one. What's up with that? Apparently they play a lot of SWTOR, because there's no other explanation for being double charged for something just because you use two of them.

[ NOTE: The preceding message was liberally soaked in sarcasm and lightly sprinkled with derision. ]

I totally agree.

My Shadow bought a Level 43 Advanced Resolve Armoring for 60k, and those greedy bastards at Bioware won't let me dupe it 9 times to put in the rest of my armor. I mean, I paid for it once, what more do you guys want from me? I have a companion that needs them, too. So, now I have to pay over 1 million credits just to get armorings for me and my companion? I don't have an hour to run dailies, I have a job. If I buy one, I should be able to use it as many times as I want.

They're as bad as the guys I paid for my bathroom renovations. I put the same toilet, sink, and faucet in both bathrooms and those money-grubbing criminal made me pay for each and every one. What's up with that? Apparently they play a lot of SWTOR, because there's no other explanation for being double charged for something just because you use two of them.

[ NOTE: The preceding message was liberally soaked in sarcasm and lightly sprinkled with derision. ]

I don't know.. real life bathrooms are one thing.

digital good that cost nothing should be free!

They can make infinite copies of the items, dividing the cost by number of items yields price cost/infinity = 0 thus free.

There is no reason to charge that much other than pure greed!

I totally agree when it comes to the Guild Control popups. They are very annoying. Please let us disable these. :)

I feel the same way. As soon as I saw one for the first time, I immediately went to Preferences to see if there was some way to turn them off. If there is, I didn't find it.

I am surprised this post is not drawing the same kind of diatribe that all the other suggestion threads pertaining to housing seem to be getting.

Not even one "cry and whine" reference?

Its a valid complaint, you're not whining.

I don't mind the nameplate, I'm just curious why it shows the character's name and not the Legacy name.

A thousand times this. I've got many more than four alts, so the strongholds aren't attached to a specific character. Would much rather be able to use my legacy name. I'm fine with it defaulting to "character_name's Stronghold", but want to change it to "The legacy_name Stronghold"

(Also, fixes to the doors would be nice. I'm having flashbacks to the old Star Wars blooper reels, walking into the doors that are supposed to open automatically but so often seem to miss their cue.)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.