Need a credit dump for extra Ship Req!!

DarthToddy

Maybe not everyone has this problem, but I know a ton of people who only like to play certain class types....I.E. Gunship or scouts......but what can you do w/ all that extra ship req you have that's accumulating when you have ship that is fully unlock and there is nowhere to spend ship req!?

Oh sure you can spend a cartel coin for every 25 ship req to convert to fleet....oh that's what every Dev. will say.....but what happens if you have every ship mastered and you have unlocked every possibility on every ship!?!!?!

You're just acquiring more req w/ nothing to spend it on. The PvPers have a way to bleed off extra WZ comms by buying credit boxes...would it not be a novel idea to at least give the GSF community something similar?

I think 1000 req for a credit box containing 3-4k would be a pretty easy and fair conversion, or would we could buy fleet comms....a 100 or so fleet comms for a 1000 ship req or a 100 fleet req would be sufficient and possibly add more to the fleet comm vendor in ways of more upgrades or cosmetic choices for your ships!

having over 6 figures in ship req w/ nothing to spend it on is a waste....I would even love converting 10 ship req to 1 fleet req for free...that could help w/ lvling other ships for people much faster so they can compete better w/ the competition!!!

Absolutely agreed, and not just because I have almost 3 million unspent requisition :p

GSF needs new blood to activate matchmaking. If we can't have xserver, then we need other incentives. I doubt the GSH contribution will be enough.

The entire concept behind the money stream for GSF is probably going to have to be rethought otherwise. The veterans and big fans that keep playing are done with their cc purchases, either because they've finished all the ships or gotten all the cosmetic upgrades already or both. If newbies aren't encouraged with better rewards (or better starting gear perhaps), then the population will stagnate and all revenue for BW from GSF will likely dry up.

While they obviously want us to convert to fleet req, I don't think that's too reasonable when you have just hundreds of thousands of this stuff. I agree that it needs some manner of auxillary use, even if it only is available on a Complete ship.

It's not uncommon for players like myself who primarily play GSF to accrue hundreds of thousands of credits... which we have practically no use for once we buy the cosmetics we like. I'd like an option to spend 10k credits on req, and options to spend 500k or 1m credits on req.

Galactic Strongholds provide a pretty big credit dump, but only for tangential benefits in GSF. I'd much rather have fun in GSF experimenting with new builds (spending hundreds of thousands of req in the process) than get more points for invading planets. Don't get me wrong, invading planets is pretty awesome, but it's not what I'm primarily here for, and it's definitely a more passive pastime than GSF.

Edited by Armonddd

It's not uncommon for players like myself who primarily play GSF to accrue hundreds of thousands of credits... which we have practically no use for once we buy the cosmetics we like. I'd like an option to spend 10k credits on req, and options to spend 500k or 1m credits on req.

That system would be the same as if you were able to buy WZ or PvE comms with creds which doesn't exist because the whole point of it is to limit the speed of collecting gear (aka prevent nolifers from getting the best available gear much faster than casual players).

What OP and most other people here are asking for (including me) is that we can do the same as the PvPers and PvEers already can with their excess comms.

Edited by Asbetos

What OP and most other people here are asking for (including me) is that we can do the same as the PvPers and PvEers already can with their excess comms.

Well, it looks like I misinterpreted. I also think that's reasonable -- I'd like it if I were able to buy ship req with credits, and buy credits with ship req.

The reasoning behind "the whole point of [the system] is to limit the speed of collecting gear (aka prevent nolifers from getting the best available gear much faster than casual players)" is really stupid and only still exists because Blizzard did it, but that's not the point of this thread.

Edited by Armonddd

They may be wary of allowing us to convert to Credits, as this adds another source of credit income, and the economy might not be planned for it.

But there's other things we could do with them. For example, how about the option to convert ship reqs to Fleet Commendations? Since those are now more relevant with GSH, and are already related to GSF, it might be more reasonable.

The reasoning behind "the whole point of [the system] is to limit the speed of collecting gear (aka prevent nolifers from getting the best available gear much faster than casual players)" is really stupid and only still exists because Blizzard did it, but that's not the point of this thread.

Why? Let's say we are both players that started playing WoW (will use WoW WotLK since I am more familiar with it's systems than SWTORs) at the same time. I have time to play 2-3 hrs every day while you have 8.

If the lockouts didn't exist, you could spend 8 hrs farming ICC and get (blurting out a number), 100 Frost Emblems, while I could only get ~30.

The end result of that: You're done collecting all gear in a couple of weeks max and get bored. I, on the other hand, am so far behind you and other people like you that no one will take me on raids because my DPS is too low/can't hold aggro/can't handle healing huge pulls. So we're both paying the same money, but you're effectively finished with the game while I've barely scratched the surface. Ends up with both of us quitting the game...

But there's other things we could do with them. For example, how about the option to convert ship reqs to Fleet Commendations? Since those are now more relevant with GSH, and are already related to GSF, it might be more reasonable.

I'd be happy with that as well, it's still a good way to earn some creds.

For example, how about the option to convert ship reqs to Fleet Commendations? Since those are now more relevant with GSH, and are already related to GSF, it might be more reasonable.

I like this suggestion. It makes sense and would be neither overpowered nor useless (assuming the conversion rate will be chosen carefully).