The game is failing, it has only 1 mil players log in every month to play :(

znihilist

Did not read all comments.

I wouldn't be sorry if this game failed badly with this type of management.

When game released they opened so many servers without checking population numbers.

When people started to whine on forums that servers were empty, many other people called us trolls.

When people started to stop paying for an empty server BW was working on mighty legacy system(i am sure legacy system will save the world one day) instead of merging servers.

When they merged servers people already had quit.

I can count at least 20 people who used to play in Tott Donetta server who had quit cos there was no pvp.

We were kill trading with REPS at ilum.

2 years have passed and they still haven't or couldn't fix engine problems, i love typing stuck at least once a day.

I love PVP lag.

Now i play with 3 other friends who are new to game complaining about lag. We all play GW2, we don't pay for it and we have no problems.

At this point even if they change whole game engine, who can promise it won't have issues?

How many people would return?

And, also i pay this game with 73 ms while playing other games at 20-40 ms. Dunno why.

Starfighter is what i expected from this game when i started, loved it. Now Eve Valkyrie is on its way, if its good, i won't have any other reason to play this.

So you pay a sub just to play Starfighter which you can play as F2P/Preferred? You're a funny one.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you pay a sub just to play Starfighter which you can play as F2P/Preferred? You're a funny one.

Couldn't you find anything else to say? Or thats all your brain can process?

Brain is F2P too but it seems you did not prefer it.

When game released they opened so many servers without checking population numbers.
Number of servers was created because people wanted them. There were much less server on launch, but people complained about having to wait in queue.

When people started to whine on forums that servers were empty, many other people called us trolls.
Acting like a troll usually leads to people calling you a troll.

When people started to stop paying for an empty server BW was working on mighty legacy system(i am sure legacy system will save the world one day) instead of merging servers.
By 1.2, the numbers were still pretty stable. But yes, server merger should have happened sooner

I can count at least 20 people who used to play in Tott Donetta server who had quit cos there was no pvp.
We had 3 warzones at launch, which is pretty solid number for PvP.

2 years have passed and they still haven't or couldn't fix engine problems, i love typing stuck at least once a day.
typing /stuck has nothing to do with engine problems (which are constantly being fixed, there simply is no way to make one "Engine Fix" patch. Having to type /stuck usually means you went and tried to bypass some barrier

Now i play with 3 other friends who are new to game complaining about lag. We all play GW2, we don't pay for it and we have no problems.
Maybe you and your friends should stop playing on ancient computers with crappy internet connections

At this point even if they change whole game engine, who can promise it won't have issues?
No one, which is amongst the many reason (others being that is is nearly impossible) they will not do it, but will continue to improve the existing engine

And, also i pay this game with 73 ms while playing other games at 20-40 ms. Dunno why.
Because your internet connection to the servers might not be as direct as on other games. Also, any server delay under 100ms cannot have any impact on your game

in short, we thank you for you 15 dollars per month. have a nice day

Did not read all comments.

I wouldn't be sorry if this game failed badly with this type of management.

When they merged servers people already had quit.

We were kill trading with REPS at ilum.

I love PVP lag.

How many people would return?

Starfighter is what i expected from this game when i started, loved it. Now Eve Valkyrie is on its way, if its good, i won't have any other reason to play this.

And I'm sure nobody would be sorry if you never posted again with your sorry troll posts.

Edited by tdmaha

Aries has pretty much hit the core there.

People that complain about lag, typing /stuck or ping should realize: It is not necessarily the game that is broken. Maybe you should stop trying to exploit the environment or check your computer/connection. My friends computer is 9 years old and wasn't even top of the notch back then, and even he can run this game on medium with close to no issues.

A million players is pretty stable. I think it is save to assume that this game will continue for a while. After all, it is the 4th most successful MMO on the market so far. How Wildstar adds to that poll: I have no idea. Last numbers I heard was that WoW was 6,8 million, then came Lineage 2 and Tera (Which are mostly played only on the asian market) and then came SW:ToR. I think even TES:O is somewhere in the 1,5 million bracket. So, a million is a solid number.

Saying anything else, like: "Hey, this game will fail!" is purely a speculation...and it ignores some facts too. Yes, the game has bugs. But they are trying to improve it. They are working on it and releasing new content. We might argue about such things like Operations, but they are aware of the problem.

So, how about people simply chill? This game is going to be around. And for those people who constantly say: "I hope this game is failing!". That's nice. But I don't care. Honestly, I don't. How about some actual constructive criticism to Bioware, instead of beeing the crazy prophet for the end days?

(...) By 1.2, the numbers were still pretty stable. But yes, server merger should have happened sooner (...)

In your server perhaps.

Mine, Peragus Mining Facility, was pretty much dead. I don't call twenty to thirty people on prime time(!) "stable".

I dumped that server and went for the Red Eclipse for a reason back then, NOT because I was exactly willing to just drop the three LV50's I had there already.

And that happened in late-February, early-March, a full(!!!) month before 1.2 even came along.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

In your server perhaps.

Mine, Peragus Mining Facility, was pretty much dead. I don't call twenty to thirty people on prime time(!) "stable".

I dumped that server and went for the Red Eclipse for a reason back then, NOT because I was exactly willing to just drop the three LV50's I had there already.

And that happened in late-February, early-March, a full(!!!) month before 1.2 even came along.

Why are people so stuck on what happened at launch? I'm not saying you but recently on this site and other sites the haters have been returing to this talking point. Is this out of desperation? I don't see the point about bring up what happened 3 years ago. Especially when the game has made huge strides that are apparently working for the better.

Number of servers was created because people wanted them. There were much less server on launch, but people complained about having to wait in queue.

Acting like a troll usually leads to people calling you a troll.

By 1.2, the numbers were still pretty stable. But yes, server merger should have happened sooner

We had 3 warzones at launch, which is pretty solid number for PvP.

typing /stuck has nothing to do with engine problems (which are constantly being fixed, there simply is no way to make one "Engine Fix" patch. Having to type /stuck usually means you went and tried to bypass some barrier

Maybe you and your friends should stop playing on ancient computers with crappy internet connections

No one, which is amongst the many reason (others being that is is nearly impossible) they will not do it, but will continue to improve the existing engine

Because your internet connection to the servers might not be as direct as on other games. Also, any server delay under 100ms cannot have any impact on your game

in short, we thank you for you 15 dollars per month. have a nice day

Todd donetta never had queue problem. Even on weekends you wouldn't see 100 people online.

Whining about an empty server and asking for merge is not trolling.

Numbers were very stable thats why we had no wzs agaisnt republic. I don't understand what is the use of 3 wzs if they don't show up?

I didn't say stuck is related with engine, each time you fall between 2 walls/rocks you get stuck and it doesn't work each time.

Engine is still broken. that can't be denied.

As i said we play gw2 on full graphics and we have no problems at all. Gw2 battlegrounds are more crowded. Lowest gpu we have is gtx 670 which isn't ancient and phenom 955 cpu. It is known swtor has problems with different specs. Yours can fit it while there are many others on forums who have problems still.

Why are you thanking me for my money?

Why are people so stuck on what happened at launch? I'm not saying you but recently on this site and other sites the haters have been returing to this talking point. Is this out of desperation? I don't see the point about bring up what happened 3 years ago. Especially when the game has made huge strides that are apparently working for the better.

It's important to remember things that happened in the past, as it's part of the evolution. Too many people here try to gloss over it, but it does actually need to be acknowledged. Granted, it's overused by trolls and haters as a reason for TORs failure, but pretending it didn't happen is not healthy either.

As to why they use it, I honestly believe it's because as they have fewer and fewer things to complain about in the current game, they have to go back to the past to come up with things that were wrong with it, even if those have been fixed since. It's a natural troll habit, and it always gets a reaction. Instead of denying it, or arguing about it, I think it's better to just acknowledge and move on.

TOR had two issues at launch. First, they opened way too many servers, and second, they did not have enough end game content to keep people playing after they reached level 50. Bioware even acknowledged this themselves after the fact. Can it be argued that they should have known people would burn through leveling in 30 days instead of the 90 they expected? Sure. It could also be argued they should have known better than to open so many servers, but a combination of launch excitement and game engine performance issues contributed to them opening way more than needed.

Both are screw ups that could have been avoided, but would it have been enough to avoid the initial collapse? We'll never know. What we do know is that the game has turned around 180 degrees. It will never be what people were expecting/hoping for at launch, but it's still a great game, and apparently one that is expanding and growing.

The tactical FPs don't even pop on the weekends any longer (except for CZ)...I'm not the only one who is 100% uninterested in them.
Really? On TRE they rarely have more than a few minutes waiting time for me on any of my 55s, as long as it's not past midnight CET.

However, I can't stand GSF -- I think I've completed the "Introduction" mission on 1 character out of 15.

Edited by LilyJedi

Dunno

I was merely pointing out that at the time 1.2 rolled, the numbers weren't exactly stable as someone had implied, at least on the Peragus Mining Facility server. :o

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Dunno

I was merely pointing out that at the time 1.2 rolled, the numbers weren't exactly stable as someone had implied, at least on the Peragus Mining Facility server. :o

Not that this question has anything to do with anything, but I was just curious: which server did Peragus merge with?

Not that this question has anything to do with anything, but I was just curious: which server did Peragus merge with?

No idea.

As I mentioned earlier, around early March or so, I relocated to the Red Eclipse. Soon after the original Rakghoul Event, I just deleted all my characters there.

Probably not the smartest move in retrospect. :o

Couldn't you find anything else to say? Or thats all your brain can process?

Brain is F2P too but it seems you did not prefer it.

Well, to be fair, you didn't give me much to work with. It did take some work but after dumbing down the content of my comments enough to match your level, I'm pretty sure it was a correct reflection of what you said.

All your comments said was SWTOR sucks except GSF. So you play GW2 and soon another game comes out to replace GSF.

I think that it's perfectly normal for others to wonder why you pay a sub still after those comments.

For the European Servers:-

Peragus Mining Facility -> Nightmare Lands -> Red Eclipse

And, the names I lost through the mergers forced me to come up with some cooler ones :)

I've been here from day 1, seen the population slump, and the game progressively add more content (probably not at the rate some would like but I doubt they would ever be happy).

Most of the players I joined with slunk back to WoW, they just couldn't overcome that guild inertia and leaving behind a powerful character and raid night to level up in a new game... but then they've tried all the other MMOs since as well and slunk back to WoW.

One aspect I've noticed is that the performance on low end rigs has been optimised (I had a sorry six months when my graphics card blew up and I had to borrow an old NVidia 210 based card. In low settings game ran fine.)

Still having a blast, and very nearly finished my secondary goal of levelling up one of each AC.

Well, to be fair, you didn't give me much to work with. It did take some work but after dumbing down the content of my comments enough to match your level, I'm pretty sure it was a correct reflection of what you said.

All your comments said was SWTOR sucks except GSF. So you play GW2 and soon another game comes out to replace GSF.

I think that it's perfectly normal for others to wonder why you pay a sub still after those comments.

I paid sub so i could join my friends in wzs and other stuff, especially after 50. Move along.