Increase of level cap

TonyTricicolo

Are we getting an increase in the level cap with the upcoming expansion?

It hasn't been officially announced, but word has gotten out that there is an increase coming soon (I think it was at a cantina tour), and they said the upcoming expansion will be the size of RotHC. So basically, the answer is "yes".

*I'm assuming you're talking about the yet-unnamed RotHC-sized expansion that is due out before the end of the year, not Galactic Strongholds. GSH is not going to have a level increase.

Yes, I'm referring to the "major" expansion release towards the end of the year, not 2.9. Although, I'd love to spend say 5more points towards my skill trees, wouldn't the increase crowd out the current high end lvl armor stats? I assume there will a "new super duper uber " set to go after now. It's the inevitable nature of mmo's to progress. Perhaps, it will be something to look forward to. I say we just round out the level cap to a nice round number...say 100 and call it enough. Yea, 100 sounds pretty good, no?

Yes, I'm referring to the "major" expansion release towards the end of the year, not 2.9. Although, I'd love to spend say 5more points towards my skill trees, wouldn't the increase crowd out the current high end lvl armor stats? I assume there will a "new super duper uber " set to go after now. It's the inevitable nature of mmo's to progress. Perhaps, it will be something to look forward to. I say we just round out the level cap to a nice round number...say 100 and call it enough. Yea, 100 sounds pretty good, no?

IF we get à lever cap before the end of the year, then im pretty sure it Will be to lv60. Doubt it Will go higher.

I know this is typical end-game, gear oriented progression...but man, it'll be nice to get EXP again.

I hope they make the EXP requirement to level, INSANELY high. Make 55 - 60 a six-month extravaganza.

You could, ya know, level an alt. I have no interest in leveling all my toons to cap......again. Its annoying enough to constantly keep them all geared. Why you would ever want the new cap to take a month to reach is beyond me....Something like that would just make a lot of people leave the game.

Edited by Raansu

Yes, there will be an expansion that raises the level cap this year. I also fully expect it to be a paid expansion like RotHC was.

I'd actually be surprised if they did this again. They seemed to be moving away from charging for these digital expansions. Though I could be completely wrong and its not like $10 is a whole lot, but considering they eventually made RotHC free it would surprise me if 3.0 is going to have a price on it.

You could, ya know, level an alt. I have no interest in leveling all my toons to cap......again. Its annoying enough to constantly keep them all geared. Why you would ever want the new cap to take a month to reach is beyond me....Something like that would just make a lot of people leave the game.

While I do have too many alt's going, I find I have a bond with my main.

I was F2P for a very long time, it made the process of leveling DRAG...on and on and on. Throughout that time I was very thorough with leveling and doing planet arc's & bonus series.

When I caved and Subscribed, I began focusing purely on leveling quickly and damned the quest content. For the most part, all of my alt's have just one companion I progress towards, in terms of affection. Most I don't really even care about, they serve their purposes as unlocking buff's and giving me something to do when 2X exp rolls around.

Making the progress a struggle and investing more time definitely allowed me to get more out of the experience. Which I feel would actually get people to play even more. What's the fun of sitting at 55? Why would you want to get there faster?

Edited by Kremsau

One thing I hope that they do with the level cap increase is have whatever new abilities each class gets take the place of existing ones, rather than taking up new slots on the action bar. They should still be distinct, new abilities, but just unequivocally better than some existing one so that it just takes that place in any reasonable rotation.

We aren't quite to the point of serious "ability bloat", but we're not far off.

One thing I hope that they do with the level cap increase is have whatever new abilities each class gets take the place of existing ones, rather than taking up new slots on the action bar. They should still be distinct, new abilities, but just unequivocally better than some existing one so that it just takes that place in any reasonable rotation.

We aren't quite to the point of serious "ability bloat", but we're not far off.

I mean, its likely only going to be one ability for each class. I'm not too worried about that. I still have two bars I never use and a lot of abilities that are worthless in pvp(some for pve as well) or not usable in pvp that just kinda sit on my bars. Plenty of room to place one single ability.