The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

CM Single Player Mode

There are a LOT of player who would like to enjoy SWTOR as a single player game, that would enable each planet to be a player's instance, make FP or even OPS single player possible etc.

Personally I would pay like 10k cartel coins to be able to run SWTOR in a single player mode. Pretty sure this would be very popular and produce enormous income to devs.

Instancing every planet for every player would produce too much strain on the servers. Also, planets like Hoth are pretty sparsely populated anyway. As for levelling flashpoints, you can solo them as soon as you're ~7 levels over the monsters, so they can't hurt you.

But getting an optional single mode for level 50-55 storymode fp/ops(with downscaling the rewards considerably) would be nice. People would still want to do the ops for rewards and commendations, and single players/story hounds like me would be able to finally see what Kaon Under Siege/Lost Island/Explosive Conflict/Scum and Villainy/Dread Palace finale are all about. Make it one-time-per-character only to make single-farming impossible and so it wouldn't overload the servers.

Edited by Kulyok

If there are A LOT of players who want to play a single player game, the _MMO_RPG SWTOR is not the right game for A LOT of players. Stop it.

I'm playing SWTOR for its great story telling and just the general Star Wars feeling. There's literally no reason for anyone who isn't into Star Wars, and/or the very personal feel of the storyline/s, to play this game when there are MMOs out there that offer better PvP and PvE experiences.

I support this idea but only in combination with the one-time-only per character limit. It's very unlikely but I think it has some potential.

It's an MMO, not a single player game. Deal with it.

It's an mmo with a lot of single player gamers who sub every month STRICTLY because it's a SW game with BW storytelling. You are the minority...deal with that

And I like the single player option....once per character and with reduced rewards.

It's an mmo with a lot of single player gamers who sub every month STRICTLY because it's a SW game with BW storytelling. You are the minority...deal with that

And I like the single player option....once per character and with reduced rewards.

I am not the one asking BW to change the game to suit him/her.

Edited by Ratajack

Instancing every planet for every player would produce too much strain on the servers. Also, planets like Hoth are pretty sparsely populated anyway. As for levelling flashpoints, you can solo them as soon as you're ~7 levels over the monsters, so they can't hurt you.

But getting an optional single mode for level 50-55 storymode fp/ops(with downscaling the rewards considerably) would be nice. People would still want to do the ops for rewards and commendations, and single players/story hounds like me would be able to finally see what Kaon Under Siege/Lost Island/Explosive Conflict/Scum and Villainy/Dread Palace finale are all about. Make it one-time-per-character only to make single-farming impossible and so it wouldn't overload the servers.

I do like this idea. It would be pretty cool to kill the Dread Masters all by myself. I'd feel like Vitiate himself. Though I''m not sure it really should be done. It is a fun notion however. Maybe they'll release some single person 55 flashpoint style content later, something not quite so grandiose. Having the whole game be single player would just be way too crazy though, it wouldn't make sense. Instanced planets wouldn't make any sense at all.