Soloing HM FP 55 full clear/tank

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I understand why some of you perceive what that guy said as rude, realistically he is right.

The problem isnt what he said, its that he chose to say it in the first place. If you know enough to understand that overgearing allows you to things that would be impossible otherwise, you should also know enough to understand that saying it wont accomplish anything good or worthwhile.

I'm going to have to disagree.

Over-gearing makes it possible but it is still an accomplishment. Because no matter how good your gear is you cannot just walk in there hit random attacks, make mistakes and live.

This is an MMO, everything besides the first few planets requires a minimum level of gear, and obviously the minimum level of gear for soling a FP is going to be higher then doing it with three other people.

I'm going to have to disagree.

Over-gearing makes it possible but it is still an accomplishment. Because no matter how good your gear is you cannot just walk in there hit random attacks, make mistakes and live.

This is an MMO, everything besides the first few planets requires a minimum level of gear, and obviously the minimum level of gear for soling a FP is going to be higher then doing it with three other people.

That was the entire point of my second 'paragraph' ? He was right that it wasnt that big of a deal but there was no good reason to say so...

Tbh even if im the one that posted these videos i belive that harsh critisism is good because its a form of quality control, so i think we should leave bounty alone to have this legit complain and im also happy some people liked it.

If it's okay for bounty being an dick, it's okay others call him a dick. That's a legit complain too. I mean, why should he get some slack if he doesn't extend the same courtesy to others. No, no leaving alone or anything :D

In any case, whatever one's standards are, if any tank you may find in group finder was capable of doing this, everybody would be grateful

... if any tank you may find in group finder was capable of doing this, everybody would be grateful

Im gonna see how a pt fares against that droid pull in athiss at some point. That might be one they would need to kill in two pulls. Im thinking that between carbonise and maybe some pillar humping itd be fine.

Either that or respec and just over dps it, although I think its kind of supposed to be a tank thing.

Edited by Dras_Keto

Im gonna see how a pt fares against that droid pull in athiss at some point. That might be one they would need to kill in two pulls. Im thinking that between carbonise and maybe some pillar humping itd be fine.

Either that or respec and just over dps it, although I think its kind of supposed to be a tank thing.

Yeah, definitely better to be tank specced for those. I've seen quite a few people die in 4 man groups when the tank hasn't managed those droids properly.

About the droid pull ... that pull is right before the first boss , its in my mobs 1 video, i soloed it, they have a lot of dps but low hp.

We know, we saw, but youre a juggernaut, with saber reflect. That negates the entire first round of Full Autos. Plus you have Invincible, your 6 second mez, a 30% hp boost, and enraged defense, and hell, saber ward too. Juggernauts are very CD oriented which makes pulls like that with massive burst a bit easier to handle.

Edit:

Yeah, definitely better to be tank specced for those. I've seen quite a few people die in 4 man groups when the tank hasn't managed those droids properly.

Yeah, just did it, it was easy. I used mako to juke the two far droids. Carbonised the other three, then dropped oil slick and went to work. I did use rockets and energy shield of course, but yeah, not too bad on a pt.

Edited by Dras_Keto

Im sorry, but i don't see a single reason to be so proud.

Yeah, you got yourself geared. Okay...

Tank in average gear handle the boss after healer died or disconnected - thats the reason to be proud.

I'm really sorry if my words will sound rude to you, but i really don't see a reason to be proud and post your video.

You just proved that gear is most important. Nothing more.

Again im sorry if i sound rude.

Okay... I guess ill have to ask everyone - so i am a bad person becouse:

1. Didn't use a single bad word.

2. Saying MY opinion.

3. Didn't insult the OP.

4. Didn't agreed that it's "awsome" job.

5. Apologized twice.

Oh yeah... Im a bad person :D:D:D:D

So if i am so "evil and bad person", i guess next time ill start with actual insults :)

Make a video in which you kill the first boss solo Bounty and the droids before it, im curious.

Hmm... I don't know why i don't want to do that...

Ah! Now i know! My name is not Zoldrim and im not doing useless vidos? :rolleyes: (well, im a bad person after all, remember? ;) )

Hmm... I don't know why i don't want to do that...

Ah! Now i know! My name is not Zoldrim and im not doing useless vidos? :rolleyes: (well, im a bad person after all, remember? ;) )

Okay now I have to ask now. Trolling aside, why is it useless? I mean honestly what is wrong with it.

I will answer after you - what purpose you followed by making this video and posting it?

its an achievement (not ingame achieve) or a bragging right, OP has the right to do so. In fact I am sure there are plenty of others who have solo cleared hm Athiss and have not posted about it, but that's not the point.

The video of the sage solo clearing LI HM is impressive imo. I have tried solo clearing it on my imp sniper OP healer, and have only made it to Sav Rak, I haven't figured out how to get past him yet.

By the same token, someone could post a video of them almost solo clearing x hm fp, and asking for help, or tips. This post could be seen the same way, someone might have a suggestion or tip for the OP, which could improve his/her play-style for the next go around or another hm fp.

KB, you seem to be taking this whole thing a bit too seriously. This is the swtor forums, for the community of swtor players. What that means is it is a place to share things like this socially with like minded members/players, and they have every right to do that. (so long as it follows the rules of the forums). You spoke your piece, and should have left it at that. Would you like me to solo clear LI HM naked, and post that? Would that impress you? Nah, probably not. In fact I can see your post already:

Im sorry, but i don't see a single reason to be so proud.

Yeah, you cleared LI HM naked. Okay...

its an achievement (not ingame achieve) or a bragging right, OP has the right to do so. In fact I am sure there are plenty of others who have solo cleared hm Athiss and have not posted about it, but that's not the point.

The video of the sage solo clearing LI HM is impressive imo. I have tried solo clearing it on my imp sniper OP healer, and have only made it to Sav Rak, I haven't figured out how to get past him yet.

By the same token, someone could post a video of them almost solo clearing x hm fp, and asking for help, or tips. This post could be seen the same way, someone might have a suggestion or tip for the OP, which could improve his/her play-style for the next go around or another hm fp.

KB, you seem to be taking this whole thing a bit too seriously. This is the swtor forums, for the community of swtor players. What that means is it is a place to share things like this socially with like minded members/players, and they have every right to do that. (so long as it follows the rules of the forums). You spoke your piece, and should have left it at that. Would you like me to solo clear LI HM naked, and post that? Would that impress you? Nah, probably not. In fact I can see your post already:

Yes, he have a right to post it.

Same as i have the right to say - i don't like it.

But if people starting to feel butthurt and ranting at me becouse "i dare" to say that i didn't like it - im gonna answer them at the same way.

BTW i would LOVE to see how you gonna solo LIHM naked :rolleyes: (but i guess you are not gonna do that, becouse you already decided that im not gonna like that, isn't it?)

Also this video reminds me one thing...

«The great thing about the solo'ing HMFP isn’t solo HMFP, it’s showing everyone online that I did» © Xbox 36...err... SWTOR kid

Yes, you do. Once. The first time. We got that, you don't like it.

You seem to have this insatiable need to get the last word in. You have proven this point by replying to my joke about doing LI HM naked. You took that bait.

Anyhow, good luck KB I wish you the best in your swtor forum endeavors. :)

Edited by lazyax

-snip-

Wow, you're just not going to shut up are you?

Soloing Athiss, regardless of gear, is not easy and an achievement, especially with that annoying 5-droid pull that can easily wipe an entire group if people aren't paying attention.

Stop being a jerk and just let it go.

Edited by AnAnonymousGuy

But if people starting to feel butthurt and ranting at me becouse "i dare" to say that i didn't like it - im gonna answer them at the same way.

BTW i would LOVE to see how you gonna solo LIHM naked :rolleyes: (but i guess you are not gonna do that, becouse you already decided that im not gonna like that, isn't it?)

Also this video reminds me one thing...

«The great thing about the solo'ing HMFP isn’t solo HMFP, it’s showing everyone online that I did» © Xbox 36...err... SWTOR kid

You seem butthurt as well. You acted like a jerk just for the heck of it, and you got more people calling you out on it than followers. It happens. Just let it go.

You seem butthurt as well. You acted like a jerk just for the heck of it, and you got more people calling you out on it than followers. It happens. Just let it go.

To him posting a video of an accomplishment is a waste of time and he felt it necessary to point that out over and over again.