The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Class story reset option

Would be great to have this option, even if it'd cost CC's. I'd love to play through some class stories once again without the need to re-create my toons for it.

Definitely one of the most requested features. And still a very good idea.

/signed!

Yes, I would like this too... But it does cause some issues when you think about it... (Companions, levels, skills, mission rewards, etc.)

That being said, why must everything cost extra these days? Used to be, if you were a sub, that was all the money to spend on the game. Now it seems to be sub, plus, plus, plus more...

If the $15 a month isn't enough, fine... Give me a $30 or even $50 a month option and let me have the all you can eat plan.

What MMO allows you to restart a character but maintain all your gear and skills?

It wouldn't exactly be a restart, more of a reset of the story and running it at your level I imagine.

City of Heroes did it with the Ouroborous system (time travel), and on The Secret World you can replay most missions as much as you want. (though unfortunately not the main story)

So it has been done to some extent before. :)

What MMO allows you to restart a character but maintain all your gear and skills?

No one said anything about "restarting" a character. Reading comprehension 101.

That being said, considering how companions and Alignment choices affect the class stories, it'd be pretty tough to implement such a feature.

Always!

The only logistical problem being...wth would happen to comps? I had few ideas, but they seem kinda forced and all. About the rest:

Levels/skills/etc is easy. Instead of story spanning levels 1-50, it'd span from 50 to MAX. I think this'd be fairly easy to do. Edit mob levels, mission rewards, et voila! But the comps...they are the Thundercloud to this parade. :/

Always!

The only logistical problem being...wth would happen to comps? I had few ideas, but they seem kinda forced and all. About the rest:

Levels/skills/etc is easy. Instead of story spanning levels 1-50, it'd span from 50 to MAX. I think this'd be fairly easy to do. Edit mob levels, mission rewards, et voila! But the comps...they are the Thundercloud to this parade. :/

I imagine the comps could just stay the way they are, they'll just be silent during missions that they normally weren't there for.

AKA they turn into HK's and Treeks until you get back to the point where they joined up originally. :p

Edited by Callaron

Some class missions require a certain companion to be present before you can enter.

It shouldn't be too difficult to simply lock you out if you are using a companion on a mission before it is introduced.