The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Harpoon...

Surgin

I LOVE HARPOON!!!

Sith Inq trying to run after getting beaten down? Harpoon.

World PvPer trying to speeder bike past you after killing your friend? Harpoon.

Stealth Class try to make it past you? Stealth Scan, Harpoon!

You get CC'd and that Mercenary is trying to out-DPS you at range? You guessed it, HARPOON!

Imperial Sniper sitting behind that danged cover? Not harpoon... But Cryo grenade and then... HARPOON!!

*Note: Harpoons have been proven to cause QQ, please use wisely*

Because I was in the mood:

I have an ol' rifle,

And I can shoot it good

At anyone that trifles

With my happy mood.

It can shoot bolts

And freezing grenades,

Then my foe may be cold,

But what if he evades?

Well, then I'll be mad -

for my target, that's bad,

'Cause then I start pulling the boon

With, you guessed, my harpoon!

Drag him into a pit -

that gives me credit.

Or gag him and drag him

While he is giving a whim.

Into an acid pool, no less,

Or into searing fire, Force bless

my good ol' toon

with his good ol' harpoon.

Edited by Estiroth

Yes its a pointless thread but I think we need a Harpoon appreciation thread... I might even have to make a video with highlights like me harpooning a Sith out of the balloon in Tatooine that goes to the datacrons.

this is literally all i do any more in swtor

my favorite move is to come speeding up the sandcrawler as the balloon is passing, harpoon them right before i jump onto the balloon, turn and cryo them in place on the sandcrawler, and /wave as the balloon flies away

a more advanced move is to die in the balloon and wait until you're almost to the datacron sandcrawler, then you probe rez, jump out of the balloon, and yank them out of the balloon with a mid-air harpoon

It's also quite a bit of fun in the second chamber of Voidstar. When the attackers are running across the bridge you can position yourself right on the edge of the ledge and pull - when they land their feet are in the air.

It's a long fall to the bottom.

And hey, if a KB can knock me off the bridge then using harpoon to pull people off is fair game.

Yeah, I love Harpoon!

Last night, in Voidstar, I was about to pull an enemy towards me on the bridge to slow them down (I was behind them, they were closer to the doors). Literally as I hit Harpoon, a stealthed Assassin knocks me back off the bridge, and his buddy follows me. :D