Guild Ship Frameworks and PVP Flagging

Daekarus

You commented with the intention of implying his assertions were invalid because they contained generalizations based on a segment of the population. I disagreed and explained why the generalization had merit regardless of its basis on a segment of the overall population.

I never said it was without merit, simply that one shouldn't take the actions of one indiviual as a mirror reflection of the actions or views of the many.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never said it was without merit, simply that one shouldn't take the actions of one indiviual as a mirror reflection of the actions or views of the many.

In that case the comment was entirely off topic and irrelevant. We all know that no generalization is 100% accurate, yet generalizations are required to think about or act on almost any idea. Why bother even making it?

/facepalm

You should probably lay off the deathstix for a while.

Compelling argument please continue.

The statement was relevant to the poster I was quoting in the sense of the issue he was quoting. In short: another poster was explaining how many PvP'ers enjoy a challenge, the other poster responded sarcastically about 55 jumpin a 26 on Tatooine being a challenge, I responded with saying that that person shouldn't stand as an example for all. If you can't connect the dots then...

Edited by LanceCorporalDan

• 2 weeks later...
And I think you'll find most people agree that the crafting path is currently poorly balanced in regards to price.

However, the crafting path is less of a catch-all third option than you imagine. Pure PvPers and RPers don't do operations. much like pure PvErs don't do PvP. Anything involving and requiring raid mats is PvE oriented.

You summarized my thoughts exactly.

Another thought that comes to me is how guild Conquests are being done. Suppose one guild decides to go, say, the Voss route (as we see in the first week of Conquest), then suddenly the contributions that a primarily PvPing player in that guild will be quickly rendered ineffective and largely redundant. For example, if that PvPer is to try crafting War Materials for that guild to help meet that objective, then he/she will quickly find themselves broke. (It's next to impossible to PvP, craft materials and have enough money in the kitty to keep a sole player afloat.)

Perhaps a solution would be to actually get those PvP vendors actually up to date with the current state of the game?

Yes. That is because this content really panders to the pvp crowd

I haven't actually had any pvp when I was in opposing factions base. So meh. Just find a planet thats essentially not the planet of the week and its nothing more than a boss fight.

I haven't actually had any pvp when I was in opposing factions base. So meh. Just find a planet thats essentially not the planet of the week and its nothing more than a boss fight.

Shhhhh! Don't tell them that, they're too afraid to fight commanders right now, the rest of us get more chances.

:p

Edited by Khevar