What are you planning for housing?

Luniara

We don't do enough of chitter chatter here. So, what are you planning on doing for your stronghold? Will it be open to the community? A training area for your guild? A penthouse?

Share yo ideas!

Edited by Luniara

I liked "share yo *****" better! XD

---

I'll likely just use mine for futzing around in, I've been doing a lot of ingame filming and editting lately, and I'm hoping to help show off some of the decorations you can get in strongholds. I'm more excited about collecting the decorations than the strongholds themselves lol.

And a Varactyl room :D Been collecting one of each since housing was coming out. Also, pets. Pets everywhere.

I have a feeling we'll be getting a guild stronghold too. So I plan on wreaking all my decorating havoc there. A room full of 60 table all facing different directions? Yes. Yes that does sound handy, guildmates don't you agree!?

I have a feeling we'll be getting a guild stronghold too. So I plan on wreaking all my decorating havoc there. A room full of 60 table all facing different directions? Yes. Yes that does sound handy, guildmates don't you agree!?

So we're not letting Scya decorate the guild stronghold then. Glad we settled that! :p

As for me, I'm probably going to build a casual penthouse / cantina type setup. Not exactly creative, but I'm not really going for creative and unique. Just something I like the look of that'll make it so friends / guildies will hang out there instead of the fleet while waiting for WZ pops.

I kind of want to turn mine into a giant library with those those tall ancient library archives[1] everywhere with some desks, computer terminals, and silent study areas with couches. Oh, and datacron tables in like the vestibule area and a meditation area with plants and Jedi statues. I think that would be nice and what my character would like :).

[1]http://tor-decorating.com/ancient-library-archive/

I'm planning to use the Tatooine stronghold as my scoundrel's speeder shop in Anchorage for RP purposes and eventually get a Dromund Kaas apartment to stare at the rain text-I MEAN RP SITH THINGS. Yeah. That. I also have a character who lives on Nar Shaddaa so I'm pretty sure I'll end up with one of each.

Tune in next time for the Alt-oholics Anonymous meeting.

I would have to afford a stronghold first. :/

Its 5k credits to buy a stronghold on DK or Coruscant. Less than 200k to unlock all rooms except the garage and balcony. Hopefully, you can afford that much.

Don't need one of the bigger Strongholds unless you get a lot of decorations or like the atmosphere so much you want to buy it. I'm planning on not buying the Tatooine stronghold and just having the other 3. My Sage and Knight will share the Coruscant one, my Bounty Hunter and Smuggler will share the Nar Shaddaa one, and my Warrior will get the DK one. Still haven't decided where to place my last 2 characters, but they are still leveling and I may not assign them a house yet.

Still trying to convince Reformation to get the basic DK unlock for a guild stronghold. We are still raising funds for the Capital Ship and our leaders don't want to distract from that. But that was before the price drop to 50k for a basic DK guild stronghold.

Edited by Bstr

Its 5k credits to buy a stronghold on DK or Coruscant. Less than 200k to unlock all rooms except the garage and balcony. Hopefully, you can afford that much.

Don't need one of the bigger Strongholds unless you get a lot of decorations or like the atmosphere so much you want to buy it. I'm planning on not buying the Tatooine stronghold and just having the other 3. My Sage and Knight will share the Coruscant one, my Bounty Hunter and Smuggler will share the Nar Shaddaa one, and my Warrior will get the DK one. Still haven't decided where to place my last 2 characters, but they are still leveling and I may not assign them a house yet.

Still trying to convince Reformation to get the basic DK unlock for a guild stronghold. We are still raising funds for the Capital Ship and our leaders don't want to distract from that. But that was before the price drop to 50k for a basic DK guild stronghold.

I'm doing something similar with my JK/SW with Coruscant. Turning Nar Shaddaa into the Darkside Grotto. Hopefully it will hold enough people. I'll work on that little by little.

Now, for the guild strongholds is it still the same price for DK for guild strongholds??? I didnt unlock that on the test server since another guilidie had leadership at the time before I could get onto the PTS.

Now, for the guild strongholds is it still the same price for DK for guild strongholds??? I didnt unlock that on the test server since another guilidie had leadership at the time before I could get onto the PTS.

They lowered the prices from the last time it was up. The price to unlock is 10x as the personal stronghold (5k vs 50k) and the upgrades are 2-3x the cost. Coruscant and Nar Shaddaa are the same. Tatooine's unlock price for guilds is 15 million and the upgrades are 2-2.5x the cost of the personal upgrades. Dulfy has updated her page with all the new prices.: http://dulfy.net/2014/07/25/swtor-galactic-strongholds-tours-and-unlock-pricings/

Moe's Swoop Garage presents... Moe's Swoop Garage!

We are specifically NOT focusing our efforts on a guild ship / conquest, instead throwing whatever time and resources we have into creating our famous Swoop Garage, at long last, as a named, in-game location. We will build it on one of the neutral planets and eventually open it up as a cross-faction RP hub.

There will probably be some kind of event for the grand opening of our "new location," but we're hoping it can be a place for people to drop in whenever they need an interesting spot for some underworld-style RP. We want to build the perfect hangout for outlaws and outcasts. Suggestions from the community are welcome.

We are specifically NOT focusing our efforts on a guild ship / conquest, instead throwing whatever time and resources we have into creating our famous Swoop Garage, at long last, as a named, in-game location. We will build it on one of the neutral planets and eventually open it up as a cross-faction RP hub.

There will probably be some kind of event for the grand opening of our "new location," but we're hoping it can be a place for people to drop in whenever they need an interesting spot for some underworld-style RP. We want to build the perfect hangout for outlaws and outcasts. Suggestions from the community are welcome.

Cool, I like.

I kind of want to turn mine into a giant library with those those tall ancient library archives[1] everywhere with some desks, computer terminals, and silent study areas with couches. Oh, and datacron tables in like the vestibule area and a meditation area with plants and Jedi statues. I think that would be nice and what my character would like :).

[1]http://tor-decorating.com/ancient-library-archive/

Ohh Mama Cerie, I love that, and it would be perfect for Cerie IC of course!

I'm not even sure if I want to buy a stronghold yet. I really wish they had them available for Tython, that would work well with Zek-anlai IC. My other characters are important to me too, but they all kind of start with her, and neither of the options seems to really go along with where she would want to be. Perhaps Tatooine, as it's secluded.. but other than that. Eh.

I look forward to it! I could have some fun rp on my scoundrel there! :)

Oh gosh.. this is exactly the kind of thing I've been hoping stronghodls would produce. Good luck guys! Make sure you advertise here when you guys do the event, I'm sure lots of Remnants would love to come.

PS best be on Nar Shaddaa, Tatooine doesn't have a lot of indoor rooms and no place for an underworld implant surgery room, and all your swoops would rust in the sun :p

Nar Shadda - It will be my Party Palace and Embassy of Canada.

Tatooine Homestead - I may make it a trading center for my guild.

Drommund Kaas - This will be my lair of evil cult stuff where I will enjoy having Sunday morning brunch with the Emperor on carpets made by the pelts of tax-payers.

Oh gosh.. this is exactly the kind of thing I've been hoping stronghodls would produce. Good luck guys! Make sure you advertise here when you guys do the event, I'm sure lots of Remnants would love to come.

PS best be on Nar Shaddaa, Tatooine doesn't have a lot of indoor rooms and no place for an underworld implant surgery room, and all your swoops would rust in the sun :p

From what I've seen, Tatooine has quite a few indoor areas. The main advantage is it has enough outdoor space to set up an on-site racing track. That said, we haven't made a final decision on the planet yet. Nar Shaddaa is cool too.

Just as a quick update, I've been pitching a new idea to my guild which is to set up our semi-legitimate garage on Tatooine, with a focus on making a nice neutral trade post / social area, but to also build a "secret hideout" on Nar Shaddaa that focuses more on the "organized crime" elements of our RP. This could either be a player house that we liberally share keys for, or a second public stronghold that we set up through an alt guild. Either way, the goal would be to provide more RP options for ourselves and for the community.

I'll make a new thread to discuss/promote this when we're closer to "opening," but I like getting some feedback while we're in the planning stages. (Underworld surgery clinic is a cool suggestion btw, I'll make sure to integrate that somehow.)