Guild Ships: Lowering the Base Price, Increasing the Upgrade Price

Khevar

This is still a brilliant idea I'm hoping someone at BW has read. Even after release now, perhaps just releasing smaller models/classes of ship and making them cheaper is more practical.

I'd also love to know if there're any plans to decrease the price because the last thing our small casual guild want to do is spend every credit we have on a ship only for it to be lowered. I would LOVE for it to be lowered/new ships introduced but if there are no plans for this we may have to rethink.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is still a brilliant idea I'm hoping someone at BW has read. Even after release now, perhaps just releasing smaller models/classes of ship and making them cheaper is more practical.

I'd also love to know if there're any plans to decrease the price because the last thing our small casual guild want to do is spend every credit we have on a ship only for it to be lowered. I would LOVE for it to be lowered/new ships introduced but if there are no plans for this we may have to rethink.

You just responded to a thread that's a year old. Why don't you tell me if you think they have any plans for lowering it?

it was mean to a) be a credit sink b) something that is earned.

if you are a small/casual guild you dont need a huge ship since you probaby are not doing conquests to unlock any of it anyway. just buy a stronghold and be done with it.

You just responded to a thread that's a year old. Why don't you tell me if you think they have any plans for lowering it?

Ability costs were abolished years after the game was introduced and after many requests. This thread still presents a relevant issue for many guilds; and, hence, why I asked about plans for newer models, as was being floated around at launch, not necessarily just lowering the price.

Rather than just being snarky and hostile, you might benefit from reading a post fully. :D

it was mean to a) be a credit sink b) something that is earned.

if you are a small/casual guild you dont need a huge ship since you probaby are not doing conquests to unlock any of it anyway. just buy a stronghold and be done with it.

For raiding guilds we're all set with that. However, as mentioned on the first page, something like guild ships holds an awful lot of roleplay potential, and so newer, smaller models for that purpose which are less expensive could still be worthwhile implementing.

Ability costs were abolished years after the game was introduced and after many requests. This thread still presents a relevant issue for many guilds; and, hence, why I asked about plans for newer models, as was being floated around at launch, not necessarily just lowering the price.

Rather than just being snarky and hostile, you might benefit from reading a post fully. :D

ability costs were removed after the uproar of them being temporarily removed for the original 12xp event and then implemented back in.

The main purpose of a guild ship is a massive guild credit sink. Either earn the credits and fund it, get bigger, or do without.

The main purpose of a guild ship is a massive guild credit sink. Either earn the credits and fund it, get bigger, or do without.

I agree with this, my guild unlocked our ship with under 8 players at the time mostly making credits by doing dailies, if a small guild can do it in a few weeks just grinding for credits I really don't see a problem.

Edited by Monumenta

Did you read your own post? Because I seem to recall you asking this:

I'd also love to know if there're any plans to decrease the price because the last thing our small casual guild want to do is spend every credit we have on a ship only for it to be lowered.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.